• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Had VPs stopping by my desk to say goodbye.

"I'm so jealous that you get to leave here forever. Wish I could."

"Whatever decision you make that isn't working for this place...is the right decision."

Right in front of other people. Fucks are in short supply around here.

They looking at you like the one slave that made it Canada "He free y'all, he free".

Wynnebeck

Banned
I envy some of y'all niggas with degrees already. I'm trying to finish up this first half of school and get my Associate's in Computer Science by Summer/Fall and then transfer out of community college into a 4 year for the Bachelor's. I have my G.I. Bill so money won't be an issue, but it almost feels like I'm coming to the party too late for the game industry if that makes any sense.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I envy some of y'all niggas with degrees already. I'm trying to finish up this first half of school and get my Associate's in Computer Science by Summer/Fall and then transfer out of community college into a 4 year for the Bachelor's. I have my G.I. Bill so money won't be an issue, but it almost feels like I'm coming to the party too late for the game industry if that makes any sense.

If you're deeply worried about the videogame industry, I'd suggest jumping all the way into CS, maybe focus on mobile or web software development. Web/mobile is humming along and has a lot of overlap with what you're learning already, and you could always go back into videogames professionally if you chose to because your skills would still be relevant to that industry.

Also, there are plenty of career paths with a 4-year CS degree as opposed to a BA in Game Design or or BS in Game Software or something.

Deprive

NV had the better story and dialogue no doubt. But I felt the missions, character traits, map, and some other things were better in F3.

Also F3 has choppin up all the women's meat, so it's automatically better because of that.

RNS. Smash or Pass on Kelly Divine?
Smash. Doesn't she have a fake ass though?

Hey family

I hate college courses where professors factor in attendance(yes I go to class) like is freaking gradeschool. Mention it to everyone is like so piety I feel and wastes class time

*rant over*

reilo

Hey family

I hate college courses where professors factor in attendance(yes I go to class) like is freaking gradeschool. Mention it to everyone is like so piety I feel and wastes class time

*rant over*

Would you hate an employer that factors in you showing up for work?

Hey family

*rant over*
It's bullshit. Hey Prof, don't penalize me for being smart and having videogames to play.

Reilo, employers pay me, I pay the professor.

reilo

Please. I've earned my past company more money than they ever paid me. They got the better end of the deal on that one!

Please. I've earned my past company more money than they ever paid me. They got the better end of the deal on that one!
That's how employment works. My grade shouldn't be determined by how often I listened to a boring lecture, but rather how I learned the subject matter. Nor should I be looking over resumes and seeing a B for a person who knows the material but didn't attend and a B for a person who was BFFs with the professor, but doesn't know hardly anything.

Dereck

jikn1uZItIYfd.png

Mr. Patch

Yo...

If these rumors surrounding the Jameis Winston issue are true... A lot folk are gonna be mad at all the wrong people next week.

That's how employment works. My grade shouldn't be determined by how often I listened to a boring lecture, but rather how I learned the subject matter. Nor should I be looking over resumes and seeing a B for a person who knows the material but didn't attend and a B for a person who was BFFs with the professor, but doesn't know hardly anything.

At the same time if part of the class is participation, your fault for not showing up. If you don't want to come to class but want to take a class just do an online course.

At the same time if part of the class is participation, your fault for not showing up. If you don't want to come to class but want to take a class just do an online course.

That's participation though, not attendance. And online course offerings often aren't nearly as robust as the regular course offerings, so you can be a bit captured by what is and isn't available.

Furyous

Who you prefer that's built similar to her?

and my answer would be Smash

Julie Cash or Kiara Marie

Julie Cash is a product of GMOs from the 24th Century.

Dude that's working on his degrees that's envious of us, don't feel any type of way about it. Your alumni network is more valuable than any of us that didn't serve our country. Learn from the mistakes of those us that failed to use our degrees or live our dreams. Your time will come but keep grinding til then. Degrees are overrated. IMHO, network matters more than degrees.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
My dislike for Kelly Divine revolves around the idea that she's a shitty performer. Yeah, the ass is fat. Okay. But fat ass ain't that hard to come by these days.

Nakazato

Over hear from waitress "this girl say a poster up saying she'll be twerking at 9 in the quad" ....................

/nakazato dead

akira28

"See what it is snow flake, is I talking about the social injustice on the black man and the white woman..."

"So much injustice. Black man and the white woman are the most looked down upon groups and most underestimated groups on the planet"...etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom