• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good idea, you should be able to learn much of After Effects after two weeks of messing around. That's how I tackle new software, I learned Softworks in two weeks that way as well.

Right on.

Best way to learn editing programs. Figure out something you want to do with footage/images. Look up a How To about it.

Most of the time people just go for dry shit that tells them how to do stuff but isn't applicable in real time so they don't retain the info.

That's what I typically do but a tutorials for just the sake of it help you remember the layout of program and where you might go to find things. Generally though when I want to do something or achieve anything I do a google search on how to do it.

Welcome!

Popeyes or KFC?

I only eat at KFC like three times a year... But man Popeyes has the best gravy.

To answer your question though... Chic-Fil-A.

harSon

Banned
Best way to learn editing programs. Figure out something you want to do with footage/images. Look up a How To about it.

Most of the time people just go for dry shit that tells them how to do stuff but isn't applicable in real time so they don't retain the info.

I learned Photoshop and Illustrator by forging report cards, school documents, doctor's notes, etc in High School....

akira28

I saw this earlier. Apparently he still hangs with his less than successful former teammate or something. I say anyone who gets you into shirtless freestyling in a shitty portrait mode video that somehow ends up in TMZ, it probably not the dude to spend time around.

Tokubetsu

eoMOAAX.jpg

#progress

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Yo this new XCOM...

fuck a fishing village

fuck it to hell

I wish that I didn't see that mission in one of the previews for it. That shit looks super devious. Only thing worse would be raiding a cyberdisc factory or some shit.

If it's not, it might become that someday. They'll make a little logo for the movie ratings, and it'll look like Rubin's vase, but there'll be two puffy afros/leafy plants at the top of the picture.

lol

Sleepy hollow is good. Progress indeed.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
How many did you lose?

I want play by play.

I should've started playing smart when three crysallid's sideswiped my group while I was trying to give this really good rookie a free zombie kill. Last move of my turn alerted them and during their first move they mobbed my gene modded sniper on the rooftops. Killed her fast - but I wasn't TOO upset as all she had was squadsight and better luck than aim anyways. Once I plodded through the rest of the map... and ran into 'it', I thought that simply hitting the button would end the mission. I moved 3 guys into the bottom level and two up top. Cleared it out fast. Then, again, used my last turn to hit the button after feeding my rookie. Hit the button.

2 crysallids. No problem. Plenty of time. Move back a little. pick my shots.

But.... 4 out of my 5 guys are empty now. Move back a little more. Reload.

3 crysallids. 1 right on top of us. Okay... keep moving back a little. Started missing... one cryssalid left with 5 hp.

5 cryssalids now. We. Will. Not. Give. More. Ground. Had my guys circle up in the shanty town area - both heavies fired once then went to overwatch. I flashbanged everything I couldn't kill. 2 crysallids from fucking nowhere come in and hit both the heavies. They're not dead, but they're poisoned and I can't have my supports use and action on healing while I got aliens in pants like this.

7 total crysallids. All within 3 tiles.

Protect the rookie. She's the best of us, etc.

Had my heavies commit chain suicide. One fired a point blank rocket into 3 crysallids. The other heavy finished all of them off including the first heavy then waited to die. One support made it out with the rookie. The other just wasn't fast enough.

They don't even give you the corpses.

Sleepy Hollow is aiight

Only really tune in now for these Ichabod moments

Abrams produces shows that just bore me really fucking quick these days. Like it only takes a few episodes

Really awesome how common black characters are in the show though. And they don't have to make a big deal out of it. Reminds me of British television. Progress

I'm just gonna say...that boardwalk empire has become a better show than breaking bad for me. It's reaching mad men status with that episode by episode character drama

That ending was beautiful but sad

I should've started playing smart when three crysallid's sideswiped my group while I was trying to give this really good rookie a free zombie kill. Last move of my turn alerted them and during their first move they mobbed my gene modded sniper on the rooftops. Killed her fast - but I wasn't TOO upset as all she had was squadsight and better luck than aim anyways. Once I plodded through the rest of the map... and ran into 'it', I thought that simply hitting the button would end the mission. I moved 3 guys into the bottom level and two up top. Cleared it out fast. Then, again, used my last turn to hit the button after feeding my rookie. Hit the button.

2 crysallids. No problem. Plenty of time. Move back a little. pick my shots.

But.... 4 out of my 5 guys are empty now. Move back a little more. Reload.

3 crysallids. 1 right on top of us. Okay... keep moving back a little. Started missing... one cryssalid left with 5 hp.

5 cryssalids now. We. Will. Not. Give. More. Ground. Had my guys circle up in the shanty town area - both heavies fired once then went to overwatch. I flashbanged everything I couldn't kill. 2 crysallids from fucking nowhere come in and hit both the heavies. They're not dead, but they're poisoned and I can't have my supports use and action on healing while I got aliens in pants like this.

7 total crysallids. All within 3 tiles.

Protect the rookie. She's the best of us, etc.

Had my heavies commit chain suicide. One fired a point blank rocket into 3 crysallids. The other heavy finished all of them off including the first heavy then waited to die. One support made it out with the rookie. The other just wasn't fast enough.

They don't even give you the corpses.

Brings back painful memories. Never again.

They died for the cause DY. They died for the cause. There memory will live on.

Personally I lost one guy who was poisoned and had notch of health when he hit the button. Everyone else ran like they were at the source awards. My mec and my heavy held it down at the extraction while my sniper and assault made a run for the sky ranger.

And if you get a chance check out sesslers something. Proof we got lurkers or GAF is a bigger deal than previously thought. I don't know if you remember my comment on moneyhatting and Forza and no mention of it in the Rev3 review. But I must not have been the only one.

J10

Banned
Sessler said at the top of the video that folks from GAF were tweeting him all day about it. Three different threads about the subject already. And his argument has been shredded pretty thoroughly.

Why do they both have their shirts off?

Probably due to feeling itchy.

At least with meth, users will sweat out some of the chemicals which them crystalize on the skin. Might be a similar phenomenon with crack. Both drugs can cause some hallucination too, so addicts may be scratching at nonexistent bugs.

Tokubetsu

Utopia is such a gorgeous tv series too man. BBC cinematographers killin' the game. I don't know how American TV and film industry haven't thrown themselves off a building in embarassment.

Utopia is such a gorgeous tv series too man. BBC cinematographers killin' the game. I don't know how American TV and film industry haven't thrown themselves off a building in embarassment.

Yes! The cinematography is fucking ridiculous! Those wide frame shots are fucking amazing as hell. Even their music selection is top notch.

caesar

Banned
I honestly didn't expect Wilson Wilson to survive that man. I'm on episode 4 at the moment, shit is so good.

Cracks me up how he's still adjusting to modern society.

Check out Black Mirror too if you haven't seen it, another UK thing kinda like Utopia.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Yea...now that breaking bad is finished, all we have is Hannibal. I can't think of to many shows that stun me with cinematography, the way some of the best from other parts of the world have.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
They died for the cause DY. They died for the cause. There memory will live on.

Personally I lost one guy who was poisoned and had notch of health when he hit the button. Everyone else ran like they were at the source awards. My mec and my heavy held it down at the extraction while my sniper and assault made a run for the sky ranger.

And if you get a chance check out sesslers something. Proof we got lurkers or GAF is a bigger deal than previously thought. I don't know if you remember my comment on moneyhatting and Forza and no mention of it in the Rev3 review. But I must not have been the only one.
Lol

Man... That mission almost convinced me to scrap all of ny gene modding endeavors. I still haven't bought a MEC yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom