• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dabanton

Utopia is such a gorgeous tv series too man. BBC cinematographers killin' the game. I don't know how American TV and film industry haven't thrown themselves off a building in embarassment.

Channel 4 cinematographers ;)

And Utopia is a special case as it loves it widescreen vistas. Great show. Are they finally showing it in the US?

Gonna have to check out utopia for sure. Between Luther and some scenes in Sherlock, British tv started looking a lot better recently

Still my favorite cinematography right now is from Tim van patten directed episodes of boardwalk empire. Followed by Hannibal.

harSon

Banned
Oh my god. Uptown Saturday Night being remade, with Denzel and Will Smith attached to star. I'm not sure about Adam McKay directing it, and Nicholas Stoller rewriting it, but the casting is perfect. I always loved Uptown Saturday Night and Let's Do It Again growing up, so this is definitely right up my alley if pulled off. http://www.slashfilm.com/nicholas-s...-adam-mckay-will-smith-and-denzel-washington/

Jay Pharoah's skit is finally going to come true: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqZGGqO6Eu0

Slayven

Oh my god. Uptown Saturday Night being remade, with Denzel and Will Smith attached to star. I'm not sure about Adam McKay directing it, and Nicholas Stoller rewriting it, but the casting is perfect. I always loved Uptown Saturday Night and Let's Do It Again growing up, so this is definitely right up my alley if pulled off. http://www.slashfilm.com/nicholas-s...-adam-mckay-will-smith-and-denzel-washington/

Jay Pharoah's skit is finally going to come true: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqZGGqO6Eu0
Remake
Harlem-nights-poster-1.jpg

Starring Cedric the Entertainer and Kevin Hart, and Delia Reese still around to get her pinky toe shot off.

harSon

Banned
There was actually a remake in the works 6-8 years ago. It never came to fruition obviously. Life was the superior Eddie Murphy period piece BY FAR.

deli2000

smh at the San Andreas iOS thread. Everywhere people complaining about mobile gaming not being 'real' gaming. I can play San Andreas while taking a shit for fucks sake!

harSon

Banned
I sometimes forget how many naijas are on gaf. How many yorubas/igbos/hausa on deck?

Hope GAF's Nigerians don't do their friend's dirty like my Nigerian friends did me. I still haven't recovered from being dragged into Precious' habitat and taken advantage of :(

Nakazato

Lol

Man... That mission almost convinced me to scrap all of ny gene modding endeavors. I still haven't bought a MEC yet.
MECs are the way. And I learned the hard way about gene mods. There best used late game on better ranked troops. Example the full cover buff on a sniper(major) give them mimetic skin. Constantly in cloak as long as in some type of cover. There's a lot of tricks to coincide with other troops. Also best advice I can give is keep all your troops armed even if they are not in your away team. You will thank me later after an event.

That's fucking fantastic. The movies were too damn funny. Good shit.

Kreed

Can you sum it up for me?

Charlemagne and his crew grill Kanye on a lot of his decisions and saying things like fuck the fashion industry when he keeps trying to be in the fashion industry. Kanye mostly talks about how there are no black billionaires in the least articulate/humble way possible.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
I've always wanted to try XCOM so should I try Enemy Unknown first of go straight to the new one?

I love games like FFT and Advance Wars btw.

Hey, BCT. I wanted to to introduce myself. I've lurked this thread (and GAF in general) since about halfway through the last thread.

Where you're from- Louisiana
Where you live- Texas
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy-Blue collar on one side and a lot of jail/baby mamas on the other.
Do you know your roots- Nope, but I should get that DNA test one of these days. I want to cry like Michael K Williams, too.
Your Age- 30
Favorite musical genre- Rap/Hip-Hop mainly, but I like some other genres as well.
Your profession/major/career interest- Work for a large company in the financial world. Number cruncher mainly.
Your religious affiliation- Agnostic
Hobbies- Video games, reading, TV watching, figuring things out if it's broke.

Congrats to all on your successes and sympathies to all on your current/past struggles.

I'm a Popeye's guy if I had to choose between KFC or Popeye's. My little sister has got me into Raising Canes lately. All all chicken strips, but it's pretty good. I don't know how wide spread they are.

BHZ Mayor

Hey, BCT. I wanted to to introduce myself. I've lurked this thread (and GAF in general) since about halfway through the last thread.

Where you live- Texas
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy-Blue collar on one side and a lot of jail/baby mamas on the other.
Do you know your roots- Nope, but I should get that DNA test one of these days. I want to cry like Michael K Williams, too.
Your Age- 30
Favorite musical genre- Rap/Hip-Hop mainly, but I like some other genres as well.
Your profession/major/career interest- Work for a large company in the financial world. Number cruncher mainly.

Congrats to all on your successes and sympathies to all on your current/past struggles.

I'm a Popeye's guy if I had to choose between KFC or Popeye's. My little sister has got me into Raising Canes lately. All all chicken strips, but it's pretty good. I don't know how wide spread they are.

Good guy. Welcome.

I've always wanted to try XCOM so should I try Enemy Unknown first of go straight to the new one?

I love games like FFT and Advance Wars btw.
Just get Enemy Within. Unknown with addons pretty much. Also fixed a lot of glitches.

Where you live- Texas
Your Age- 30

Another brother from the boot. Good shit. Welcome to the show.

zero_suit

Where you live- Texas
Your Age- 30

Welcome! It's always great to see a new person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom