• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

kGouPEK.jpg

First that is a terrible sentence I know how to right terrible sentences.

And Second, I would be getting my money back. Or go on a rampage like a 70s blackplosition star. 500 dollars is too much money to be playing with people.

Guess I should do one as well since you guys are pretty cool.

Where you're from- Kansas City, MO
Where you live- Kansas City, MO
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- White - Irish, French, Scottish, English
Do you know your roots- No
Your Age- 29
Favorite musical genre- Don't have a favorite, I enjoy EDM mostly right now
Your profession/major/career interest- During the day I am a tech support dude for a local university. At night I am a 35mm and Digital Projectionist for the Alamo Drafthouse
Your religious affiliation- Atheist
Hobbies- Filmmaking, Photography, Video games, Movie-going, Drinking.

RedSwirl

I'm starting to realize the profound effect of packing twitch and a camera into a consumer living room box. It's exposing a whole walk of life to internet communities who've never encountered them before.

We like to think that computers and online communication are pretty ubiquitous and that people know about streaming and shit now, but computers are still a complicated and foreign thing for a lot of people. But that same functionality into a living room appliance though and all of a sudden a whole layer of obfuscation is gone, and those people are exposed to the full brunt of the internet.

Trey

Sounds to me that person was banned for something else and just can't use Skype considering his Gold was terminated. Poor grammar though. Bugs happen.

I might be missing something though considering I only read the first and last page of that thread.

Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- White - Irish, French, Scottish, English
Your Age- 29
Your profession/major/career interest- During the day I am a tech support dude for a local university. At night I am a 35mm and Digital Projectionist for the Alamo Drafthouse

I just started messing with video editing programs for fun. I'm amazed at how much of these programs I know, I guess that comes from After Effects usage though.

Sounds to me that person was banned for something else and just can't use Skype considering his Gold was terminated. Poor grammar though. Bugs happen.

I might be missing something though considering I only read the first and last page of that thread.

Indeed, still hilariously funny.

I just started messing with video editing programs for fun. I'm amazed at how much of these programs I know, I guess that comes from After Effects usage though.

I was in the process of trying to learn After Effects until both job responsibilities blew up. I think I'll dedicate the two weeks I have off at the end of the year from the day job to getting back into learning it again. So far it was mostly just transitional masking kind of stuff and learning about motion blur.

New tag, Angelus? RIP newports

I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out ha. I was being sarcastic in the "New Division Screenshot" thread. Some people couldn't tell I was joking so I had to make it painfully obvious.

I was in the process of trying to learn After Effects until both job responsibilities blew up. I think I'll dedicate the two weeks I have off at the end of the year from the day job to getting back into learning it again. So far it was mostly just transitional masking kind of stuff and learning about motion blur.

Good idea, you should be able to learn much of After Effects after two weeks of messing around. That's how I tackle new software, I learned Softworks in two weeks that way as well.

Best way to learn editing programs. Figure out something you want to do with footage/images. Look up a How To about it.

Most of the time people just go for dry shit that tells them how to do stuff but isn't applicable in real time so they don't retain the info.

Slayven

Best way to learn editing programs. Figure out something you want to do with footage/images. Look up a How To about it.

Most of the time people just go for dry shit that tells them how to do stuff but isn't applicable in real time so they don't retain the info.

Shit I remember fucking around in Adobe Premiere and Windows Movie Maker trying to make an anime music video. It wasn't Link Park or DBZ.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Y'all need to stop talkin bad about Microsoft or harSon is gonna peace out like Satch did

MS needs to hire some damn UX designers for that XBO UI. Shit is hot garbage with a controller. I mean how the fuck do you forget to include a batter meter? CLEARLY using the controller was an after thought.

FyreWulff

That's how I learned to program

"Want to do X"

figure out how to do X

Implement X

Knowledge retained

First that is a terrible sentence I know how to right terrible sentences.

And Second, I would be getting my money back. Or go on a rampage like a 70s blackplosition star. 500 dollars is too much money to be playing with people.
Keeping it real, huh? Going to end up in jail saying, "I don't like people playing on my XBone.

Your Age- 29

Welcome!

Popeyes or KFC?

harSon

Banned
Y'all need to stop talkin bad about Microsoft or harSon is gonna peace out like Satch did

It's all good. Nothing ya'll say can squash the fun I'm having with the Xbox One. Easily my favorite launch from both a hardware and software standpoint. I'm super impressed.

I'll just say that I don't go out of my way to consistently bad mouth stuff that I have zero intention of ever buying :D

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Sony will sell more. No question. What you have to ask yourself is what does it matter? PS2 trounced Xbox and GCN in sales, yet those two had the better libraries. Quality over quantity. It remains to be seen if the lead translates into desirable third-party exclusives.

Some people smh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom