• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Slayven

I'm in an art class for after effects. We were supposed to turn in a 30 second video where the video is edited with a poem. People are turning in 5 min wankfest that are edited horribly.

EDIT: We aren't considered art students here. We get more money and the art teachers hate us.

I worried for a second you had access to young minds.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
They're going in on an AE elective, for a 30 sec video? We all copied videocopilot and kept that shit moving when I was in school.

How did that go?

I flinched when she started going down that path with the first few sentences of her thesis. "Challenged convention and the status quo....like Jesus of Nazareth". People around me looked confused why I reacted that way, then understood when she started going further into her paper. They were proud of themselves, professor laughed and said he never heard that comparison before.

Gorillaz

Someone compared Michel Foucault to Jesus of Nazarth in my english class last week in their 1 page summary/opinion paper that they read in front of the class.

and...how did that go?
edit: nvm

I flinched when she started going down that path with the first few sentences of her thesis. "Challenged convention and the status quo....like Jesus of Nazareth". People around me looked confused why I reacted that way, then understood when she started going further into her paper. They were proud of themselves, professor laughed and said he never heard that comparison before.

i5EyHQl4DU6O.png

I was considering of counter-attacking her crazy theory and saying Foucault was actually like Moses. A man, not a God, on a mission to free people from an oppressive system that didn't actually care for their well being and tossed them aside when they were no longer of use.

....but I'm not trying to start a 'pulled from my ass"-off and I'm trying to pass this course.

Some people really want to reinvent the wheel before they even know how to engineer one. Her paper sounds like the equivalent of this:

jRbxjfO.jpg

Village

If we sharing art school stroies

I got a good one

My illustration class, we had to design a logo for this local group or whatever.An organization trying to .. lessen some the distain between Black and hispanic residents in balitmore.

This girl was like" I wanted to do food, so when I thought black people I thought fried chicken " I shit you not. " I wanted do food food brings people together" me and the other black students in the class proceed to loose our shit laughing whilst the white students made a series of appointment's sounds . Then my mans jamal walks in like whats up I give him a summary he looses his shit , then she goes as is like " mexican people tacos" again this happened . We loose our shit again, our teache instructor jose villarrubia, tries to stop the train wreck. And then she is like : its not really a stereotype, because hispanic people eat tacos and made tacos"

Village

He is the head of our illustration department.

I get him to tell me stories. I believe I am going to have a B+ in his class by the end.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
It's true

How you gonna hate on RLM when you watch Gootecks and Mike Ross?

What is rlm?

Imagine all the fedora-wearing, Sonic fanfic-writing, socially awkward, "um, actually" technically speaking, Wookieepedia updating, MLP-cosplaying, unfunny YouTube commentator backwards FUCKS on the internet in video format

and for some bizarre reason people find it entertaining despite it complete lack of any and all merit

Slayven

Imagine all the fedora-wearing, Sonic fanfic-writing, socially awkward, "um, actually" technically speaking, Wookieepedia updating, MLP-cosplaying, unfunny YouTube commentator backwards FUCKS on the internet in video format

and for some bizarre reason people find it entertaining despite it complete lack of any and all merit

99.999993699% of internet personas are unwatchable. I am pretty sure The Guy with glasses is considered worse than waterboarding.

Gorillaz

I use to look up RLM reviews a year or 2 back for some things. I still do from time to time.

They have just gotten to cynical. The sarcasm was funny at times but they lay it on too thick nowadays.

Slayven

I use to look up RLM reviews a year or 2 back for some things. I still do from time to time.

They have just gotten to cynical. The sarcasm was funny at times but they lay it on too thick nowadays.

It is the same regurgitated shit. "All Hollywood is doing is remakes, sequels, and comicbook movies."

If you have a problem with Hollywood might I suggest exposing people to more independent films. If you have the viewcount and exposure it's a great way to steer people towards better things and strip bad movies of financial support.

Village

You an illustrator? Maybe you can work on my comic.

Yes, yes I am.

Here is something I am working on atm

RPG classes

I gotta color it for Jose for next week you will see the finished version next week( homie in the back messed up too so i gotta redraw him ) . I am also a shit bird and don't have one of those art tumblrs like I should, I can't direct to a whole thing of my art. I really need to do that though..

As far as the comic goes, while that is interesting. I wouldn't right now, I wouldn't have the time. Comics take a while to do, something I learned last year. But shoot me the idea, i don't mind looking at it, and maybe I will have the time later, certainly over the summer.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
It is the same regurgitated shit. "All Hollywood is doing is remakes, sequels, and comicbook movies."

This is not new.

Go back and look at how many of the "greatest movies of all time" are sequels, remakes, or adaptations.

It's a lot.

Slayven

Yes, yes I am.

Here is something I am working on atm

RPG classes

I gotta color it for Jose for next week you will see the finished version next week( homie in the back messed up too so i gotta redraw him ) . I am also a shit bird and don't have one of those art tumblrs like I should, I can't direct to a whole thing of my art. I really need to do that though..

As far as the comic goes, while that is interesting. I wouldn't right now, I wouldn't have the time. Comics take a while to do, something I learned last year. But shoot me the idea, i don't mind looking at it, and maybe I will have the time later, certainly over the summer.
You one of those Joe Mad type of artist

Slayven

That JMad X-Men run tho

That and Grant Morrison/Quitely was the last time I knew what was going on...
I rather lick rusty razor blades than suffer Quitely.

That's a first .o.

I usually don't get compared to that guy, Two of my major influences are Ariel olivetti and shinkiro. But thanks, unless that was an insult then you have hurt my soul.

talking about timewise. Unless you start shit and never finish, shoutout to Battle Chasers. Modern comics have lost the ability to depict a good fight.

Village

talking about timewise. Unless you start shit and never finish, shoutout to Battle Chasers. Modern comics have lost the ability to depict a good fight.

I eventually get to stuff. Or just redo it.

Jose has told me alot about process , interesting stuff.

You not into those Quitely potato faces? lol

And yeah, Battle Chasers had promise, but...

Huh? Red Letter Media? I don't remember seeing any of that in their videos.

Village

why does the guy in the front have a perm

I really like it. For some reason I'm getting a Strider/Guardian Heroes vibe from the cast

He has weird hair. he is also black its a really weird afro braid thing. I like messing around with hair sue me .

Less strider more star gladiator and borderlands. But I wouldn't call it a cast more 4 characters I have fooling with for years that I use for assignments from time to time.

Black ninja kid been through so many redesigns. Imma get him right though, use him for something.

He has weird hair. he is also black its a really weird afro braid thing. I like messing around with hair sue me .

Less strider more star gladiator and borderlands. But I wouldn't call it a cast more 4 characters I have fooling with for years that I use for assignments from time to time.

Black ninja kid been through so many redesigns. Imma get him right though, use him for something.

Star Gladiator tho

I would be interested in a game with your characters.

Top Bottom