• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

I told those stupid ass gaffers that Knuckles was black.

2btQuIW.jpg

Bet they feel stupid now.

Gorillaz

homeboy in the scooter don't want any of that

"you know, there is another walmart closer to home, maybe I can finish shopping for dvds there"

So after closing all the Popeye's in my area, they decided to open a new one closer to my house. These lines breh. They had a deal for 8Pc mixed for $8.99..

Waited 30 minutes in line to place the order then 45 minutes after I placed the order.

The line was out the door brehs. Worth it tho

Slayven

So after closing all the Popeye's in my area, they decided to open a new one closer to my house. These lines breh. They had a deal for 8Pc mixed for $8.99..

Waited 30 minutes in line to place the order then 45 minutes after I placed the order.

The people cried out for a savior and they received one.

Silky

Banned
so that VMC testing thing pays by minimum wage counts. i got accepted in it

GA minimum wage is $5.25 wtfffff. thank god we're not entitled to that shit

andthebeatgoeson

Should have went to publix.

Gorillaz

Cap 2 definitely looked like "the movie" of phase 2 when I first saw a few trailers last year. Can't wait to see it this weekend.

G-Fex

I came in vowing to do something I wanted to do for a possibly years. Now that I finally accomplished that task, I have come to say it.

You seriously like Twin Snakes Beef?

What the hell is wrong with you? That was awful.

harSon

Banned
Question.

I've got two potential offers within my existing company to decide through.

1) Our IT guy bounced, and my employer has been dragging their feet on hiring one. I've been doing the job on top of my own for a few months now, and they said they'd be willing to make it permanent and give me the title, but since I lack a degree/certification within the field, it'd be at the absolute minimum in terms of pay scale ($27/hr). They would pay for my certifications though, and once obtaining them, my pay would bump up within the pay scale (the overall scale is $27-32). The only thing is I'm currently going to school for an AA in computer programming, and I'm not sure if i'd have the time to do both the certifications and traditional school.

2) My direct boss is retiring, and as the person next in the pecking order, I've been offered her job. It's a managerial role and I'd be responsible for a few people. The job pays more off the bat ($30.50/hr) and I'd be able to continue my schooling without issue.

I'm kind of leaning towards option 1, and putting my schooling on hold until I finish the certifications. The experience and free schooling would be nice, but then again, I don't plan on doing IT in the long term and continuing on my current path and the extra $3/hr is also nice/

I came in vowing to do something I wanted to do for a possibly years. Now that I finally accomplished that task, I have come to say it.

You seriously like Twin Snakes Beef?

What the hell is wrong with you? That was awful.

I'd take this post more seriously if you didn't hate everything already!

HarSon.... go for option 2. The managerial job. Up your alley and you can complete school.

Squird Feeder.
So you know im on that whole inner calm watch nature peaceful shit. Well this fuckstick is messing with my calm.

Kreed

Question.

1) Our IT guy bounced, and my employer has been dragging their feet on hiring one. I've been doing the job on top of my own for a few months now, and they said they'd be willing to make it permanent and give me the title, but since I lack a degree/certification within the field, it'd be at the absolute minimum in terms of pay scale ($27/hr). They would pay for my certifications though, and once obtaining them, my pay would bump up within the pay scale (the overall scale is $27-32). The only thing is I'm currently going to school for an AA in computer programming, and I'm not sure if i'd have the time to do both the certifications and traditional school.

2) My direct boss is retiring, and as the person next in the pecking order, I've been offered her job. It's a managerial role and I'd be responsible for a few people. The job pays more off the bat ($30.50/hr) and I'd be able to continue my schooling without issue.

I'm kind of leaning towards option 1, and putting my schooling on hold until I finish the certifications. The experience and free schooling would be nice, but then again, I don't plan on doing IT in the long term and continuing on my current path and the extra $3/hr is also nice/

I'm assuming you enjoy job #1 or job #2 has some other negatives that make #1 look better, because #2 sounds like less of a hassle in regards to your career and guaranteed more money off the bat, and you just said you don't plan on doing IT long term.

andthebeatgoeson

Question.

Go for middle management. They sound more excited with you taking number 2. I some they evaluate you and believe, from their actions, that number 2 is better for you. Bit you didn't really say any negatives about the second option. Are there any?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
The only downside I could imagine there being for #2 is more responsibility.

But if you feel you can handle your business at school while doing the job, #2 is the obvious choice based on what you've told us.

Top Bottom