• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

this is almost as bad as this

TsO7V6h.gif

gave her that c.MK
"I bet I can get her to spread her legs for me. Just watch"

Slayven

http://www.salon.com/2014/04/03/can...y_park_this_is_not_reform_this_is_revolution/

She really doesn't know she is a racist. As a white person, I have to say if Slay was in her position and said this shit, no one would defend his ass. No one. Is she getting special treatment because of her sex or race? Because I don't think a black woman would be able to say that. She would be buried by the media.

You never go full militant.

good-times-ralph-carter-0.jpg

But if I was somewhat famous and said that, they would figure out a way to tie me to Barry O, which would be cool.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

FyreWulff

Man, Gamespy online being entirely shut down is like a bunch of games being snuffed out at once.. this is why I'm wary of making a game tied to a central service for it's online

Infinite

The alarms go off in my head every time someone thinks firing someone for bringing bad PR and being discriminatory towards a group is some kind "slippery slope." A slippery slope to what? Why don't you tell us what's really on your mind.

Trey

The alarms go off in my head every time someone thinks firing someone for bringing bad PR and being discriminatory towards a group is some kind "slippery slope." A slippery slope to what? Why don't you tell us what's really on your mind.

A slippery slope I hope we go down. If you serve the public, you answer to the public.

Now if the public could just translate their efforts from this small time stuff over to larger channels to really make waves.

Some people sure hate the idea of losing your job over being a discriminating asshole.

Mainly because a lot people think that Job Performance =/= activism or personal views. I can see where they're coming from and it didn't necessarily set right with me either. I think for me it was mostly due to the fact that it was because OKCupid was telling people to not use FireFox that unsettled me than the guy getting heat and stepping down. Idk I really can't form a proper opinion about it.

Mainly because a lot people think that Job Performance =/= activism or personal views. I can see where they're coming from and it didn't necessarily set right with me either. I think for me it was mostly due to the fact that it was because OKCupid was telling people to not use FireFox that unsettled me than the guy getting heat and stepping down. Idk I really can't form a proper opinion about it.

Making it known you think a group is inferior and donating to causes that strip them of rights should impact your job. I certainly wouldn't want a CEO who can impact company policy who hates me in this way. It should be no surprise others feel the same or they don't want that stink on their company.

Making it known you think a group is inferior and donating to causes that strip them of rights should impact your job. I certainly wouldn't want a CEO who can impact company policy who hates me in this way. It should be no surprise others feel the same or they don't want that stink on their company.

Yeah, the head of a company being a known bigot shouldn't sit well with anyone.

Infinite

I'm pretty sure the rest of the company wouldnt enjoy the sales hit or negative press they receive because the face of their company said something bigoted and not people won't support their products. It absolutely does effect business performance.

I agree with this and understand it it just still sit right with me is all. Like I said its hard for me to really come up with a opinion on this.

Village

Agreed, when you work a job whether you are free lance, in a union or whatever you reprisent a company.Whether its me doing commisons or getting contract work, or someone else working in a cubicle, you reprisent something bigger than yourself, money. And while all your choices shouldn't have an effect, being a bigot jack ass sure does. Espescially if you in a position of power, you have biases that can effect others in the work place negatively. This amplified several times when you are a CEO, you reprisent an entire company and hold a bias. You are all types of bad for buisness, so not only would the people want him out for being bigot. He could be negatively effecting fire fox from some monetary perspective

On another note, not replying to youtube comments is hard.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Agreed, when you work a job whether you are free lance, in a union or whatever you reprisent a company.Whether its me doing commisons or getting contract work, or someone else working in a cubicle, you reprisent something bigger than yourself, money. And while all your choices shouldn't have an effect, being a bigot jack ass sure does. Espescially if you in a position of power, you have biases that can effect others in the work place negatively. This amplified several times when you are a CEO, you reprisent an entire company and hold a bias. You are all types of bad for buisness, so not only would the people want him out for being bigot. He could be negatively effecting fire fox from some monetary perspective

On another note, not replying to youtube comments is hard.

I've never replied to a youtube comment in my life. I MIGHT look at comments once or twice a week. What in the fuck

Unless its a legit comment on one of my videos I never really saw the point after a dude called me a idiot for not agreeing with him or something. twas silly.

Village

I've never replied to a youtube comment in my life. I MIGHT look at comments once or twice a week. What in the fuck

I didn't reply, but it was hard.

Its one of those situations where you watching a subscribed channel and the entertainment decide they really feeling the N word today( in this case maximillian and matt in particular ). Then, stupidly, I looked at the comments.

" why are you getting offended at vocal cords" was new.

Slayven

I love having conversation with my family. Showed my sister the lion king plane thing and she said "I don't want to hear that shit before the plane start, you know Scarface died in the movie. That was depressing."

Freedom of speech =/= freedom from consequences

Also why is it that a group should be content to deal with a boss who basically supports groups that fuck with their rights? Yeah I really want someone handling company policy who thinks birth control is the devil's pill am I right.

Village

Also why is it that a group should be content to deal with a boss who basically supports groups that fuck with their rights? Yeah I really want someone handling company policy who thinks birth control is the devil's pill am I right.
That's how it was in my day.

Someone get me a cigarette burger, and a asbestos napkin

Elaborate or go to hell.

I'm in an art class for after effects. We were supposed to turn in a 30 second video where the video is edited with a poem. People are turning in 5 min wankfest that are edited horribly.

EDIT: We aren't considered art students here. We get more money and the art teachers hate us.

It's generally a tactic employed not only by egoists but people looking to hide their lack of technical skill behind a veneer of "deep" shit.

You'd run into the same thing in a writing/literary class tbh.

I don't think you understand. This is an elective and not even the same department.

Maybe your school is just full of blowhards then. You are in LA aren't you? I had plenty of After Effects type classes with none of that mess.

I would agree with this. I bought it on sale a couple of weeks ago and I'm having fun.

It almost makes me want to pick up a PS4 when that version comes out. This game is probably greater when you sit in comfort while watching on a big screen. It would also be awesome if they somehow figure out a way to get the consoles to connect to battle.net so you can access your characters.

You can transfer your PS3 character to PS4 when its out.
Playing PC version and it's pretty great. That RNG tho...

Someone compared Michel Foucault to Jesus of Nazarth in my english class last week in their 1 page summary/opinion paper that they read in front of the class.

...I have to hear more.

I'm glad I majored in a STEMish subject. Not a lot of subjectivity there.

Eh.

There's a lot of room to major in a BFA and leave your school with tons of skills.

For instance my BFA involved developing technical skills in image editing, label design, audio editing, website development/design, interactive media, print design, advertisement and a host of other shit.

I hate how much people just see BFA and lump it all in with fine art.

Top Bottom