• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

AfroMW

Just took a look at the racism in fashion thread, its amazing to see what people really think damn.

Also just returned from out of town for a birthday celebration for me and another friend and people still want to head out and drink. Good thing I took some days off from work.

Another year and still getting asked for ID

Slayven

Just took a look at the racism in fashion thread, its amazing to see what people really think damn.

Also just returned from out of town for a birthday celebration for me and another friend and people still want to head out and drink. Good thing I took some days off from work.

Some people have amazing bubbles

RedSwirl

I've just learned to tune out the kinds of posts that started out the fashion thread. Is that a bad thing? Am I just merely accepting shit like that as a fact of life? Or something something too big for me to change on my own?

ishibear

is a goddamn bear

Some aren't even trying to be subtle about it. Smh.

I'm always asked for ID too. Everyone always says they thought I was 16.

I've just learned to tune out the kinds of posts that started out the fashion thread. Is that a bad thing? Am I just merely accepting shit like that as a fact of life? Or something something too big for me to change on my own?

Idk, I'm kinda the same. I don't accept it but I don't feed the trolls and I'm pretty confident in the mods because they go after them rather quick compared to other sites I've been on.

Maybe you just grow numb to it after a while?

FyreWulff

Bluepoint did a damn fine job of Titanfall on the 360. Would be great if the industry as a whole would stop being dicks to them

royalan

The podcast thread reminded me of this:

Do any of you follow the Fan Bros podcast? It's an Urban-meets-Nerd Culture podcast that I stumbled upon last week, and I have to admit that it's not half-bad....

Surprised they included Batroc actually. But yeah, that move cracked me up.

Edit: Interesting read.

I haven't read the article yet, but I fee like I'd read it and say "yep."

Noticed that shit last season and felt some type of way about it.

yep now maybe we can get BP..... ; ;

Gonna get Morris Chestnut licking his lips as T'Challa. And he's going to be an African Prince who is a world class boxer in a cat suit.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
My twitter feed right now. Peeps REALLY love wrestling.

I thought they had him use that move to give a taste of the fact that CA knows every martial art style.

I always found it funny that people matched up Batman and Stark in crossovers, when in reality, Bats and Cap are the natural counterparts.

Esco, that was a good read. Summed up my frustrations with entertainment media very well. I've been relating to white protagonists all my life with no problem, why is it so hard for people to relate to protagonists who aren't white. And it's great to see shows like Luther, but then you realize that in the show Luther has no ties to his family and nothing, beyond his appearance, making him black. That's good on one hand, because you get a well rounded character.. but on the other hand, is it because if there was some showing of his black family and/or black friends (assuming Luther could maintain friendships) then you run into the rule of three and it becomes a black show?

Slayven

Esco, that was a good read. Summed up my frustrations with entertainment media very well. I've been relating to white protagonists all my life with no problem, why is it so hard for people to relate to protagonists who aren't white. And it's great to see shows like Luther, but then you realize that in the show Luther has no ties to his family and nothing, beyond his appearance, making him black. That's good on one hand, because you get a well rounded character.. but on the other hand, is it because if there was some showing of his black family and/or black friends (assuming Luther could maintain friendships) then you run into the rule of three and it becomes a black show?

Street clothes

I always found it funny that people matched up Batman and Stark in crossovers, when in reality, Bats and Cap are the natural counterparts.

I guess they really don't want to pick a winner in that situation. They've met twice that I've heard about with the results being split.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

physicality is the only thing bats and cap have in common.

Slayven

I guess they really don't want to pick a winner in that situation. They've met twice that I've heard about with the results being split.

3 times.
15-Batman-Captain-America.jpg

uhWyq3e.jpg

krIIRf8.jpg

But it was the Superior Batman.

BHZ Mayor

I bet your Twitter feed is blowing THEE fuck up right now. This might be literally the most shocking thing in wrestling history.

Top Bottom