• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

FreeMufasa

Speaking of Black Cinema, where the hell Tyrese been? I was watching this just yesterday:

VhFbcZp.jpg

Surprised how well it holds up. Hood classic.

"You gone make them tacos?!?"

"I'mma make them tacos!"

He makes some decent videos on Facebook.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Cap was great. Just got back to the crib bout the watch baby boy. This dude just assumed I was at the bar so I'm trolling him acting like I'm drunk.

Baby Boy is criminally overlooked.

Omar Gooding was damn good in that movie.

And it's STILL Tyraji P Henson's best performance. Hell, she's single handedly responsible for "Nucca"

heh. this. Still love this movie and loved the trailer. hell the trailer introduced me to bootsy collins.

Village

Spiderman movies are one of the few things they make money on, and unless disney want to write a multibillion dollar check.........

Either that or a Tyler Perry joint

I know but you can't float entire sections of your business on half ass spiderman movies.

Kreed

Reads first page of "Why is there so much racism in high fashion" thread.......

fry_melting.gif

FFS

Posters just weren't giving a fuck in that thread:

I honestly believe that people should chill regarding the racism issue. In 2014 EVERYONE gets a shot in life.

I believe if you have the talent or in this case the look the designer wanted you would get the job. If a designer used only female Asian models for a 2014 look I wouldn't see us white people making a fuss tbh.

I'm being serious, certain designs may look better with a certain ethnicity. That is all it is not a racist issue what so ever.

There are so many Black & Asian etc models doing so much work I honestly don't see your point Op.

Not everything has to have an equal share of models.

There are more white people than black people? High fashion has to convince very wealthy people that clothing is worth a lot of money. Most of those very wealthy people are white socialites.

This shit is everywhere. I'm white and I'm offended by BET. Feels racist to me, I also remember Jamie fox accepting an award and say black people are the best race or some shit and that bothered me.

I think black people are better than white people (I'm part-white btw) because they survived slavery and rose above it. I've yet to seen white people freely traded as property in the U.S. It disgusts me when I see those videos of (almost always) white cops usually brutalizing a black guy.

I actually had a dumb-ass (white, of course) friend of mine tell me that she thinks black people are not discriminated against both by police and rich, corporate America. She thinks it's totally "ridiculous that black people act like they're targeted... they're the ones who are most likely to do crime/become gangbangers!" Ahahahaha. Oh man. That was a funny conversation. I was blown away when I heard her say that horseshit.

I also think it's funny when white people are upset that black people have their own TV channel. And...? So what? Are Filipinos not allowed to have their own TV channels either?

Anyways, racism in high fashion doesn't surprise me at all because "white women" are supposed to be the epitome of beauty in this society. I wonder why...? Couldn't be because rich white people control the media, could it? Nah.

If they were better maybe they wouldn't have been enslaved in the first place.

Yes. Preference. Do black guys wear the overpriced shit they are trying to sell? If not, why on earth would you use them to market it?

I demand more white athlete basketball sneakers! End the racism!

I'm tired of racism being the default explanation for so many when they run into someone who has different opinions than them. It's ridiculous.

I might be in the minority here(pun intended) but I don't need brown people on my screen to tell me when something is good media or bad media.

Sneakers and caps and "streetwear" is not considered high fashion, although it does feel that way a lot.

I think more people vote with the pocketbook and less about what skin color wears the clothes.

In a world where serfdom is eliminated, this can't be the possible reason. I still believe it has to do with the pocketbook.

Only white people somehow equates to racism? Is this the world we live in?

Humans are programed to prefer their own race to others.

Thankfully they've all been greyed out.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Jesus at those quotes above. As soon as I saw those threadss titles I avoided them and reading those comments I'm glad I did.

I know but you can't float entire sections of your business on half ass spiderman movies.

..... OK quick question will these license ever go back to marvel by default. Can fox and Sony continue making shitty Marvel movies forever in an attempt to maintain their ownership of the licenses?

Slayven

Jesus at those quotes above. As soon as I saw those threadss titles I avoided them and reading those comments I'm glad I did.

..... OK quick question will these license ever go back to marvel by default. Can fox and Sony continue making shitty Marvel movies forever in an attempt to maintain their ownership of the licenses?

They will only lost the rights if they don't have a movie in production in a certain length of time. So yeah they can keep them forever. Marvel was in bad shape when they made those contracts, sucking dick in a back alley to keep the lights on bad shape.

Kreed

They will only lost the rights if they don't have a movie in production in a certain length of time. So yeah they can keep them forever. Marvel was in bad shape when they made those contracts, sucking dick in a back alley to keep the lights on bad shape.

X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Spiderman would have to do Ghost Rider/Daredevil numbers before Sony and Fox will give the rights back.

Slayven

X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Spiderman would have to do Ghost Rider/Daredevil numbers before Sony and Fox will give the rights back.

Even then in X-men and Spiderman cases they would have to do it multiple times. FF I believe this is it's last chance.

So, which was better, Ghost Rider 2 or Drive Angry? I've only seen Drive Angry, but I know that the plots are similar in many ways.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Man, I just downloaded Chrono Phantasma and there is a lot of new shit to learn

I'm not even bothering with it.

P4A is more fun and v.2 is coming soon. GGXrd is gonna melt faces.

I'll always have a place for Blazblue in my heart but I gotta throw it in the bushes

Man, I just downloaded Chrono Phantasma and there is a lot of new shit to learn

Hope we can play soon

I'm not even bothering with it.

P4A is more fun and v.2 is coming soon. GGXrd is gonna melt faces.

I'll always have a place for Blazblue in my heart but I gotta throw it in the bushes

I like you even more for your confessed love of P4A.

....Yo fam crazy s@#$ for me. I'm not sure if I'm processing it right. I'm sort of scared to sit down and allow my mind to truly grasp it.

Any way, just trying to knock out these projects, papers, and exams this month & then head in summer school lol..whoo!

More importantly guys, hope your doing well with your endeavors. Never give up and if Jojo's Bizarre Adventure(you watching that new Stardust Crusaders though?!) thought me anything fabulous s@#$ is on the horizon.

So I just finished a A Dance With Dragons. Finally I can browse Game of Thrones related threads in peace.

Interestingly, I got through AFFC in like 5 days whereas ADWD took me going on 5 months. The ending, fuck! Shit is going down everywhere.

So I just finished a A Dance With Dragons. Finally I can browse Game of Thrones related threads in peace.

Interestingly, I got through AFFC in like 5 days whereas ADWD took me going on 5 months. The ending, fuck! Shit is going down everywhere.

You spoil some shit in here and I will skull fuck you!

You spoil some shit in here and I will skull fuck you!

Naaaah, reckless Game of Thrones spoilering outside marked threads will get you fucked up quick. Maybe even faster than race related shit

Speaking of which, I didn't check out that fashion thread. Those replies, wow!

When are people ever going to have a civil discussion regarding something regarding race? People taking the bait damn near every time. I can laugh at the absurdity because its the internet and all but when I remember that there are people behind those keyboards my mind melts.

You must experience the Narukami vortex

Kuma all day, mang. When the buckets rain down, nobody's protected.

Naaaah, reckless Game of Thrones spoilering outside marked threads will get you fucked up quick. Maybe even faster than race related shit

Speaking of which, I didn't check out that fashion thread. Those replies, wow!

When are people ever going to have a civil discussion regarding something regarding race? People taking the bait damn near every time. I can laugh at the absurdity because its the internet and all but when I remember that there are people behind those keyboards my mind melts.

I think a lot of the more questionable opinions on race we see expressed here come from ignorance, inexperience, lack of empathy, and/or denial. With the board being majority American, it should be undeniable that institutionalized racism is active, but there are people who can't look beyond the effects and see things as isolated incidents. You also get people who say "I'm a minority and I've never experienced x or y," and while it may in fact be possible that those people have never experience blatant racism at that point in their lives, their lives are still being affected by institutionalized racism to some degree.

It's also entirely possible for minorities to internalize prejudice and do it to themselves and each other.

And even more sad the people who know they're being unfair to their race, gender or sexuality but want to be part of the white straight boys club so bad they just straight up act like an Uncle Ruckus.

It's also entirely possible for minorities to internalize prejudice and do it to themselves and each other.

And even more sad the people who know they're being unfair to their race, gender or sexuality but what to be part of the white straight boys club so bad they just straight up act like an Uncle Ruckus.

Reminds me that I actually watched Black is, Black Ain't & Shadeism this semester in class. The above is scary stuff

Infinite

Kuma all day, mang. When the buckets rain down, nobody's protected.

I think a lot of the more questionable opinions on race we see expressed here come from ignorance, inexperience, lack of empathy, and/or denial. With the board being majority American, it should be undeniable that institutionalized racism is active, but there are people who can't look beyond the effects and see things as isolated incidents. You also get people who say "I'm a minority and I've never experienced x or y," and while it may in fact be possible that those people have never experience blatant racism at that point in their lives, their lives are still being affected by institutionalized racism to some degree.

It's more or less the cognitive dissonance these discussions create because of their definition of whatever they think racism is conflicting with racism as a concept or institutionalized racism. Afterwards people get defensive

Silky

Banned
there's someone who i'm cool with that doesn't understand what makes anti-Semitic paraphernalia offensive uggghhhh

EloquentM

aka Mannny
there's someone who i'm cool with that doesn't understand what makes anti-Semitic paraphernalia offensive uggghhhh
Slap him. That'll get the message across. Or time to bone out of that relationship if it bleeds into other parts of the relationship.

Infinite

It really sucks when you family uses anti gay slurs and you're the recipient of some of it. I recently got into irl street fighter with my own cousin because of this.

Slap him. That'll get the message across. Or time to bone out of that relationship if it bleeds into other parts of the relationship.

Yeah, this is definitely a five fingers situation. If you break it down to them why it's fucked up and they refuse to get it, then that might have to be the end of it.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Capt. America 2...wheww. They had Cap throwing Ong Bak knees. Falcon was badass. Fury was badass. BW was dope. The biggest crime is that Marvel doesn't have the other licenses.

This movie goes to show that being a low level badguy in the Marvel universe IS NOT worth it. How are you going to do shit after you catch a shield to the face? You're not even going to jail. You'd have no face on top of the beatdown. D: Number one video on Worldstar and shit.

Slayven

Capt. America 2...wheww. They had Cap throwing Ong Bak knees. Falcon was badass. Fury was badass. BW was dope. The biggest crime is that Marvel doesn't have the other licenses.

This movie goes to show that being a low level badguy in the Marvel universe IS NOT worth it. How are you going to do shit after you catch a shield to the face? You're not even going to jail. You'd have no face on top of the beatdown. D: Number one video on Worldstar and shit.
I love this scene for that . Thor "Don't you understand woman, Cap about to put them paws on him."

cdyhybrid

All I could see during that first action scene was (Cap 2 spoiler)
one of the best, if not the best, mixed martial artists on the planet getting sonned by Cap.

Top Bottom