• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

akira28

This native woman from the upper frozen north took a picture of her baby who was tucked into a really fat bundle of winter clothes, next to a freshly killed seal. People sent her death threats and photoshopped pictures of her baby being skinned alive like a seal. Her people kill the seals for food and clothing, and that's the majority of where they get their meat from. They would literally die out without the seals, but twitter came alive with animal abuse accusations and people telling her that she doesn't deserve to live. The same people who get their meat from a celophane wrapped styrofoam plate and have no idea where it comes from. The same people who tongue kiss their dogs.

I usually don't drink so early in the week, till found half a bottle of vodka stashed among cereal boxes may aswell get my sip on with this pineapple juice :0

BHZ Mayor

Basically the streak turned into maybe the most prestigious thing in WWE.

Titles change hands all the time. Cena has like 14 WWE championship reigns or something ridiculous like that, because the belt keeps getting traded around. CM Punk held the title for a year and a third, and it was the longest reign in the last 30 years or something.

Now in a "sport" where everyone beats and loses to everyone all the time, you have a guy who is undefeated in matches at the biggest event of the year for 21 years straight.

This, and the fact that they actually had the balls to break such a long tradition.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
My wife's coworker - "I'm okay talking about my mom passing (less than a year ago), but there are still pets I just can't talk about."

Those are the kind of people you're dealing with. Them and the "hell yea I'd save my dog over a baby I don't know!" people.

I'm starting to hate watching horror movies with these types. The most gruesome shit can happen to people and they are looking forward to how the next person dies. Let a dog die off-screen and it's all, "JESUS CHRIST!! Why did poor Sparky have to die." *starts crying* " This VILLAIN must be STOPPED! How could they do that?! They are EVIL!!" *Blows nose*.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
BkklUH2IUAAULoq.jpg

Proudest girlfriend in the NBA

Holy shit he really does look like a damn fangirl.

Picture #1 "Oh Kobe, you always say the funniest things..!"
Picture #2 Looks like an instagram/Facebook photo with a note "OMG out with Lebron and we got so much attention"

I'm looking at all this and I imagine he sounds like Linda from Bobs Burgers.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
The loss of human and animal life is painful. I hate the idea of children and animals being killed in movies and IRL.

I think the reason so many get really riled up with animal death is because of the symbolism. Animals are revered as being loyal and will give their life to protect their owner. The loss of a pet is the loss of your unconditional and loving companion.

Much like children are a symbol of the future, a sign of hope and innocence in dark times. Their loss is seen as the ultimate calamity and a failure for the parents.

Honestly, I treasure them both and would hate to lose either. Obviously I would save a child before an animal but I'd hate myself forever for not being strong enough to save both.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
It just seems like a funny thing for a university to take a stance on.

I mean who is still really holding that against vick in 2014? Who is this PR statement supposed to appeal to?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Picture #2 Looks like an instagram/Facebook photo with a note "OMG out with Lebron and we got so much attention"

dyin

Gorillaz

Lebron's face in that one Drake pic always kills me. Shit just looks unreal, and Drake doing that whole "I'm his side piece" wave is even more unreal.

Okay wrasslin fans

I missed all of Wrestlemania because of moving furniture.

Two simple questions

1. Is it worth watching?

2. Is the replay up on the network? I'm on the edge of subscribing.

1.Kinda. DB fight 1 and title fight are really the only highlights other then Taker taking an L and in that fight he looked straight
H37xX.png

2. Replay is "everywhere" if you look hard enough, not just on the network.

BHZ Mayor

Second one looks like "Oh Lebron. Stop! *giggle*"

I don't get comments like this. It's like saying I can't wrap my head around caring about a death in a TV show. The thread has been talking about comics and movies all yesterday and now about how much people care about GoT spoilers, but now it's suddenly "I don't get how people care about stuff they watch."

Relax, I just didn't know why it was a big deal.

Lebron's face in that one Drake pic always kills me. Shit just looks unreal, and Drake doing that whole "I'm his side piece" wave is even more unreal.

He got that I just walked in with a bad bitch look on his face holding on to ole Aubrey. Looking like he about to leave out the club and be on his worst behavior.

Picture #3 "I will always love you and support you. #whitney #thebodyguard #unrequitted"

Picture #4 "He had an amazing 4 pts, I don't know what they are but I can't wait to celebrate at Chili's with a sampler tonight after this interview"

nothing really. its just people looking for a wonder woman analog in marvel. so marvel is making small attempts at trying to push her forward(making her a legacy character with 3 other characters taking her name, although 2 were done in spite) with her taking the cap marvel name, and pushing her into space, i assume they plan on doing something big with her.

Huh. Interesting. When The Big Two did their Amalgam mashup comics, the character combined with Wonder Woman was Storm, to form Amazon. I guess since Fox has the X-Men, they were pretty much forced to grab someone else.

Parallax

Huh. Interesting. When The Big Two did their Amalgam mashup comics, the character combined with Wonder Woman was Storm, to form Amazon. I guess since Fox has the X-Men, they were pretty much forced to grab someone else.

the amalgam mashups were random except for a few choices(dark claw should have really played on the uncle logan/foster bruce aspect, its really the only connection) i think its the warrior/survivalist aspect rather than top banana position.

Parallax

well, i just got
post credits cap 2 spoiled.

some fuckers want to watch the world burn

Kreed

That's pretty much the main reason we're getting movies like the Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy. If Marvel still had X-Men/the Mutant Universe, Fantastic Four, and Spider Man we probably would have never seen an Iron Man movie, let alone the Avengers.

As far as Ms. Marvel is concerned, besides movie property issues, she's been a big part of the Avengers over the years so it only makes sense for fans to want to request her in order to tie her into the Avengers films.

BHZ Mayor

That's gotta be fake. Can't be that many grown men who were shocked and unaware of the predetermined nature of the fight. I loved wrestling but never forgot it was fake. They look legit shook.

That's exactly why everyone is shocked. It went against the story that was told for over 20 years.

FyreWulff

Mike Vick did his time and paid his debt to society.

That being said, Mike Vick is an asshole for what he did.

This is close to my view on such things.

If someone does a crime then does the time, they did the sentence, they paid their debt. You can still be miffed at them, but the punishment is over.

Fuck natural law.

If people are bitching about mike vick and he didnt kill their fucking dogs i want my fucking reparations.

That debt still aint paid.

Top Bottom