• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Trey

That Game of Thrones thread doesn't play any games when it comes to spoilers. I don't watch the show but I peaked in OT - it's really locked up tight. I understand why, and respect the commitment to keeping the viewing experience as pure as possible, but damn.

Hmm, I'm sorry but I can't really wrap my head around caring about a streak in a act of fiction. Is this his retirement run and it will be a lame stamp on the Undertaker's legacy?

That Game of Thrones thread doesn't play any games when it comes to spoilers. I don't watch the show but I peaked in OT - it's really locked up tight. I understand why, and respect the commitment to keeping the viewing experience as pure as possible, but damn.

How you gonna read all them books but be to much of a dumb ass to miss the 5,000 warnings about posting book spoilers in the non book thread!

The significance of this is lost on me....does he have to kill himself now or something?

Its also who he lost it to that is most shocking.

Silky

Banned
Hmm, I'm sorry but I can't really wrap my head around caring about a streak in a act of fiction. Is this his retirement run and it will be a lame stamp on the Undertaker's legacy?

I think the reason why most people are upset regarding him losing is because he lost to someone who's considered 'undeserving' i guess

he's been against so many other people that deserve to break his streak but...lesnar did it I guess.

It was weird seeing it because it's been (wrestling) has been apart of me growing up and seeing someone who 'never loses', well, lose is pretty shocking.

Damn The Undertaker is nearly 50 too

KumaJG

Someone in the Game of Throne thread compared Thrones to The Wire. For the life of me I do not know why I got heated reading that comment.

The Spirit is legit, but damn, you can tell they made this shit in the 1940s tho

ebony.jpg

will eisner pls u didnt have to do dis

DominoKid

i'd have Mad Men and GoT at 1 and 2.

i'm so excited to actually get to watch a season of GoT as it airs instead of marathoning it.

3 times.

But it was the Superior Batman.

Never seen that before but that patriotic Joker is hilarious.

The significance of this is lost on me....does he have to kill himself now or something?

I haven't watched wrestling since I was a kid but the WWE thread is saying this is Undertakers last match and he's retiring. His winning streak at Wresltmania is the biggest legacy in the history of the company. And it was broken by a guy who doesn't even wrestle a "full time" schedule.

If this wasn't planned by Undertaker himself as his way to go out, it's a bigger slap in the face than Hart losing to Micheals back in the 90's.

After the Avengers, Iron Man 3, and Thor 2 I wasn't expecting much from the second teaser, but that shit could have been a screen shot.

You should watch it before watching Cap 2, but just know Cap 2 is on a completely different level from Cap 1. Thor 2 was ok, but Cap 2 was better than that too outside of Loki.

the real teasing is once the Blu-ray comes out (or a review copy leaks online) to take screen shots of
the names they flashed by when the computer was picking targets of enemies of Hydra

Game of Thrones is Breaking Bad Level. Great, but Mad Men and The Wire look down and laugh at them both.

Don't insult GoT by comparing it to Breaking Bad

X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Spiderman would have to do Ghost Rider/Daredevil numbers before Sony and Fox will give the rights back.

Sony as a whole is still getting it's hand (small amounts) in the other marvel movies. I.E. Cap 2 had one of it's like 17 FX studio's a Sony one and Sony had the lone music credit outside of the orchestra and
marvin gaye

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Okay wrasslin fans

I missed all of Wrestlemania because of moving furniture.

Two simple questions

1. Is it worth watching?

2. Is the replay up on the network? I'm on the edge of subscribing.

Okay wrasslin fans

Two simple questions

1. Is it worth watching?

1) Questionable finishes aside, it's worth it for the crowd and main event.
2) From what people have been saying, yes the replay is up.

How long has Marvel been pushing Carol Danvers Captain Marvel as their top female character? I keep hearing Comic GAF wanting a Captain Marvel movie and obviously I'm missing something. What do I need to read here?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
How long has Marvel been pushing Carol Danvers Captain Marvel as their top female character? I keep hearing Comic GAF wanting a Captain Marvel movie and obviously I'm missing something. What do I need to read here?

nothing really. its just people looking for a wonder woman analog in marvel. so marvel is making small attempts at trying to push her forward(making her a legacy character with 3 other characters taking her name, although 2 were done in spite) with her taking the cap marvel name, and pushing her into space, i assume they plan on doing something big with her.

BHZ Mayor

I don't get comments like this. It's like saying I can't wrap my head around caring about a death in a TV show. The thread has been talking about comics and movies all yesterday and now about how much people care about GoT spoilers, but now it's suddenly "I don't get how people care about stuff they watch."

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
It was in reference to the amount of characters and people saying its hard to follow, calm down.

Game of thrones is a lot harder to follow I feel because of the source material it's adapting. I can't imagine following it without having read the books.

Kreed

That's because of book readers coming into the thread and being asses in previous seasons. Like last season when a major event happened, there were posters coming into the thread for the sole purpose of mocking/tossing spoilers at non book fans for reactions (apparently they had been waiting for this episode all season just for the reactions). It's sad that there has to be two separate threads, but many of the book readers don't know how to control themselves.

Game of thrones is a lot harder to follow I feel because of the source material it's adapting. I can't imagine following it without having read the books.

If you watch from day 1 its not. I haven't read the books and its not an issue, but if your going to give it half your attention and use your phone or try and multitask while watching its your own fault for missing things.

BHZ Mayor

That's because of book readers coming into the thread and being asses in previous seasons. Like last season when a major event happened, there were posters coming into the thread for the sole purpose of mocking/tossing spoilers at non book fans for reactions (apparently they had been waiting for this episode all season just for the reactions). It's sad that there has to be two separate threads, but many of the book readers don't know how to control themselves.

Same shit was going on in the Attack on Titan thread too. Anything that's adapted from something else is going to draw in a bunch "look at this thing I know because I read the book/manga first" Because people are assholes.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
If you watch from day 1 its not. I haven't read the books and its not an issue, but if your going to give it half your attention and use your phone or try and multitask while watching its your own fault for missing things.

Maybe it's because of how different things are then. Alot of the things that confused me in the show are things that happened differently than in the books, but some how came to the same outcome.

What I was saying is that the wire is easier to follow because its characters and events for the most part make sense within itself. I feel that in game of thrones, some shit happens just because it has to. Rather than there being some logical development leading to that conclusion. So it's harder for people to follow.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
What I was saying is that the wire is easier to follow because its characters and events for the most part make sense within itself. I feel that in game of thrones, some shit happens just because it has to. Rather than there being some logical development leading to that conclusion. So it's harder for people to follow.

This is the same for the most part across all of the fantasy genre.

Maybe it's because of how different things are then. Alot of the things that confused me in the show are things that happened differently than in the books, but some how came to the same outcome.

I just don't see it that way, and as a book reader you bring baggage to this.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I just don't see it that way, and as a book reader you bring baggage to this.

Well part of what made me read the books in the first place was being completely unsatisfied with how season 2 ended. Both jon snow's recon mission(perfect example of what I mean) and Qarth made no sense.

So I read the first 4 books before season 3.

Then I couldn't enjoy the show anymore. Lol

I still think season 1 is really strong tho.

JohnDoe

Banned
I found this an interesting read this morning.

Sure it is a pretty binary look at the issue, but sometimes, that is what is needed.

The only thing I disagree with is that white people can't experience racism.
And by that I don't even mean the stupid "reverse racism" shit rednecks spew but the fact that as an immigrant in Europe you can experience racism too, regardless of skin colour since they discriminate by nationality and religion.
Not comparing what an immigrant in Europe goes through to what minorities in the USA go through. It can give you some perspective though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Okay wrasslin fans

Two simple questions

1. Is it worth watching?

Definitely watch
Yes it is. It's also worth it anyway so purchase with confidence.

I don't get comments like this. It's like saying I can't wrap my head around caring about a death in a TV show. The thread has been talking about comics and movies all yesterday and now about how much people care about GoT spoilers, but now it's suddenly "I don't get how people care about stuff they watch."
Concerns about a storyline don't really strike me as concern about a streak at ppv events. Streaks in sports are a big deal because they beat odds. This is like caring about Goku's tournament record or something.

Now I get the anger about Lesner winning, but the importance of the streak will forever be lost on me.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Concerns about a storyline don't really strike me as concern about a streak at ppv events. Streaks in sports are a big deal because they beat odds. This is like caring about Goku's tournament record or something.

Now I get the anger about Lesner winning, but the importance of the streak will forever be lost on me.
Basically the streak turned into maybe the most prestigious thing in WWE.

Titles change hands all the time. Cena has like 14 WWE championship reigns or something ridiculous like that, because the belt keeps getting traded around. CM Punk held the title for a year and a third, and it was the longest reign in the last 30 years or something.

Now in a "sport" where everyone beats and loses to everyone all the time, you have a guy who is undefeated in matches at the biggest event of the year for 21 years straight.

Kreed

Guys, this .webm shit is a god damn game changer. Check this shit out:

http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/src/1396794276453.webm

1000x the quality of a gif, -1000x the file size. Also supports audio.

It's funny seeing videos being used this way, but it shows how superior the webm format is to gifs.

I think it would be better if GAF starts using webp at the very least since Google made that format for image tags, it supports animation, and you wouldn't have to click anything to start them to play. But either way people should get away from gifs.

Top Bottom