• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Roll Bounce was a good movie.

monta-ellis-handshake.gif

BHZ Mayor

Fuck Lottery Ticket. That movie didn't do anything but piss me off. If that was me in Bow Wow's position, that 300 million would've been used for posting bail and getting some good defense lawyers.

royalan

Speaking of Black Cinema, where the hell Tyrese been? I was watching this just yesterday:

VhFbcZp.jpg

Surprised how well it holds up. Hood classic.

"You gone make them tacos?!?"

"I'mma make them tacos!"

royalan

Baby Boy man...

Omar Gooding swore he was robbed for that Oscar worthy performance

Baby Boy is criminally overlooked.

Omar Gooding was damn good in that movie.

And it's STILL Tyraji P Henson's best performance. Hell, she's single handedly responsible for "Nucca"

Enzom21

Had to back the fuck outta that racism fashion thread. Dude literally said that all blacks wear caps and streetwear and have no idea what high fashion is.

Wow. I actually had to back away from race threads cuz they really had me feeling some type of way.

It's all good... he apologized for making "assumptions" that weren't racist at all. Oh he's a Hispanic minority so he couldn't possibly be racist.
Fun thread...

andthebeatgoeson

Just finished watching 12 years a slave... I'm never watching that again. If someone ever buys it for me, I'll bury it in my back yard with a used copy of Passion of the Christ. God damn...I fantasize about jumping in a time machine with modern weapons (apache gun ship, m4) and just wrecking shit. Like there was 5 minutes of redemption in that whole movie.

I need to cleanse my eye palate by just watching iron man 1 or something.

andthebeatgoeson

Oh and thanks for the recs of cap 1. It's FX movie of the month or something. Will dvr tomorrow.

Let me guess: stay far away from the fashion thread if I just watched 12YAS?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Y'all didn't "NOPE" out of that fashion thread after the first ten posts? Cuz I saw that shit and immediately figured out it was gonna be a bad time.

Oh and thanks for the recs of cap 1. It's FX movie of the month or something. Will dvr tomorrow.

Let me guess: stay far away from the fashion thread if I just watched 12YAS?

FX has been showing all the Phase 1 Marvel movies over and over for at least the last week.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
the raid.. i started watching thinking that it may be overhyped, but god damn does it hold up. i need to see the sequel now

I can't even shit on Falcon anymore either. Like, that was the go to hero to shit on for awhile

hes still one note in comics. but if hes good in the movie ill give him due props. mackie is dope, and ive been looking to see him shine for a while now

Yeah that's right, Parallax Falcon hating ass nigga can't see this shit either

the king of haters calling me a hater? im shocked

Because of yall I want to see Thor 2.

Ghost Rider 2 was the shit......
laid in the back yard on top of a decaying deer carcass. It was the absolute worst fucking comic film I have had the pain of enduring. Fuck Nicolas Cage. Fuck that celluloid abomination. That shit is lower then bat nipples tier. That shit makes Howard the Duck look fucking Oscar award winning. I would rather watch Gallowalkers again. I would rather be stuck watching a marathon of Uwe Boll movies.

Parallax

laid in the back yard on top of a decaying deer carcass. It was the absolute worst fucking comic film I have had the pain of enduring. Fuck Nicolas Cage. Fuck that celluloid abomination. That shit is lower then bat nipples tier. That shit makes Howard the Duck look fucking Oscar award winning. I would rather watch Gallowalkers again. I would rather be stuck watching a marathon of Uwe Boll movies.

whoa now rio. leave howard the duck outta this.

Look Howard the Duck is a guilty pleasure movie. Fantastic character in the comics. But that movie aint very good. But that Lea Thompson tho. Anywho the movie is an important milestone. Because of its failure certain aspects had to be sold off to cover the cost. One in particular was a newly founded computer graphics animation studio. That studio went on to become Pixar. So Howard the Duck was good for many reasons. But compared to other comic films it aint up there. Next to GR2 though, its a goddamn achievement on film.

And also I can quote majority of the movie by heart. Thought I should add that.....

KumaJG

Ghost Rider 2 was pure ass, hated that movie

Infinite

I didn't even know there was a ghost rider 2.

Captain America 2 was pretty entertaining but I couldn't help but feel like it was a generic spy movie wrapped in a Captain America coat of paint

Parallax

Look Howard the Duck is a guilty pleasure movie. Fantastic character in the comics. But that movie aint very good. But that Lea Thompson tho. Anywho the movie is an important milestone. Because of its failure certain aspects had to be sold off to cover the cost. One in particular was a newly founded computer graphics animation studio. That studio went on to become Pixar. So Howard the Duck was good for many reasons. But compared to other comic films it aint up there. Next to GR2 though, its a goddamn achievement on film.

And also I can quote majority of the movie by heart. Thought I should add that.....

god, i love young lea thompson. but outside of being a marvel property, it didnt try to go the comic movie route. i mean if you were comparing old captain america and punisher movies sure. i know it isnt a good movie. but it seems like a low blow to compare it to current comic shit

actually, then maybe its for the best that captain america and punisher arent brought up...

RedSwirl

but seriously, Thor 2 or X3?

X3 is one of the few movies I literally can't sit through, and I was fine with the Star Wars prequels.

No seriously. My standards for movies are usually way lower than those of most other people. I can't judge acting worth shit. It's very rare that a big-budget movie is so bad I can't at least sit through it. X3 is one such movie.

Top Bottom