• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Can't breathe! This struggle!
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

tumblr_n0v0wxr1ET1qz6f9yo2_500.jpg

tumblr_n0v0wxr1ET1qz6f9yo1_500.jpg

My ribs are killing me, I keep laughing so bad everytime I look at it.

Gorillaz

same with wrasslin, but at least there's alternatives to WWE.

I will say it is delightful to see things go south compared to what most people actually want.

but at least wrassle gaf is funny about it calling each other marks and trolling the show, the thread is more entertaining then what's going on TV

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't handle that poor Cup of Noodles. So good.

Slayven

Bruh its like that in the walking dead thread, the same mofos be in there ever sunday at 9 complaining and saying "im done with this show".
going by the internet the majority of folks hate the shit they consume with a passion.
Guess who's back, back again.
Dave is back, acting ten.

I know I'm late, but I just have to give props to this post. Laughed so hard I nearly puked.

The prodigal son has returned. I am thinking of getting that borderlands vita.

Slayven

spent 30 minutes on the phone with the government trying to clear up something that they fucked up, only to find out they cleared it up in Janurary but still sending me letters saying otherwise. Thanks Barry-O

lordmrw

as i sit here at work, with no less than seven people coughing in unison and I listen to the Parappa 2 soundtrack while typing up a review for my website instead of working, I realize, its time for me to go. I don't mind the job and all but after 10 years I have little enthusiasm coming into work.

Slayven

as i sit here at work, with no less than seven people coughing in unison and I listen to the Parappa 2 soundtrack while typing up a review for my website instead of working, I realize, its time for me to go. I don't mind the job and all but after 10 years I have little enthusiasm coming into work.

That workplace simplex 10.

harSon

Banned
Happy late birthday Rei, hope you had a good one. Hopefully you remember all of it!

And I don't remember who posted the Korean high school that allows its students to wear costumes on picture day, but here's an art college that lets their kids wear anything to their graduation: http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/theres-a-japanese-college-that-lets-students-wear-anything-t

Pretty amazing.

And I just received word that my direct superior will be retiring in a few months, and that she put in my recommendation a week back for me to be her replacement. I have a meeting with the big boss later today. I have no idea what it's about, but she thinks it's related. Please don't be a spur of the moment interview :((((((((((

I never understood the time and energy folks spend shitting on something they don't fuck with. I don't care for Arrow, any Batman film after Begins, 98% of the show Community, Walking Dead, Godhand, Nintendo, Mobas, drama indie devs, resolution gates, FPS counting, and 99.9863% of anime. But I don't let anyone know because I have better things to talk about. It's why I duck out the SHIELD thread, it was full of people that obviously hate the show just to talk about hating it.

At the same time though, why should you not give your opinion just because it goes against the norm? Personally I hate circlejerks, and I find discussing what is wrong with a product often just as engaging as discussing what is good. Nothing is perfect, so if you take away all dissenting voices, then you really destroy any real semblance of real discussion.

I sent a few PMs to some poeple about adding some sort of content to sowellspoken.com, but pretty much everyone is busy with life.

If you're interested let me know. I'm open to ideas. Reviews, editorials etc.

Do an article about what happened to that great class of actors both old and young from the 80's and 90's. Cosby Show/A Different World/Living Single. They were supposed to be our future.

Another thing I dont get is phonegaf obsession with a phone looking cheap when 95‰ of the time its going in a case. I could care less about a plastic phone, but to them its like life and death

some people just want their phone to be made of metal/glass. even if it makes it more fragile. even if the actual build quality is worse. even if it means having a sealed battery. even if it means the phone is near unrepairable.

harSon

Banned
I sent a few PMs to some poeple about adding some sort of content to sowellspoken.com, but pretty much everyone is busy with life.

If you're interested let me know. I'm open to ideas. Reviews, editorials etc.

I was planning on doing a series of reviews/commentary on racist movies, so I can contribute on that regard, but I have to find the time to do it and seek out the movies in some capacity.

Nakazato

I was planning on doing a series of reviews/commentary on racist movies, so I can contribute on that regard, but I have to find the time to do it and seek out the movies in some capacity.

would love for you to do some 1950 and 60's moives

Shit I love for you you just to talk about birth of a nation. Im not going to lie i could make it through the whole thing.

Gorillaz

Shit I love for you you just to talk about birth of a nation. Im not going to lie i could make it through the whole thing.

I'm curious to hear yall viewpoint on this as well

So is the plan to do a full "site" with stories,reviews and all of that, Moris?

Slayven

At the same time though, why should you not give your opinion just because it goes against the norm? Personally I hate circlejerks, and I find discussing what is wrong with a product often just as engaging as discussing what is good. Nothing is perfect, so if you take away all dissenting voices, then you really destroy any real semblance of real discussion.

Nothing wrong with that. But so few people can do it without being a turd in a punchbowl.

They got lime niggas here.

Do an article about what happened to that great class of actors both old and young from the 80's and 90's. Cosby Show/A Different World/Living Single. They were supposed to be our future.

A "Where Are They Now?" of those actors would just break my heart.

Sounds good, I'm not in a rush, so don't feel obligated.

That's a really good idea.

So is the plan to do a full "site" with stories,reviews and all of that, Moris?

Exactly.

harSon

Banned

I've had this idea ever since I took a survey of minority representation in films from the dawn of cinema to contemporary times. The first half of that class was amazing. The sheer potency of the racism within that period of film was just ridiculous. A lot of people were uncomfortable and offended by a lot of the stuff, and I was to a certain degree, but I also couldn't help but laugh at some of the stuff they were doing. I'd obviously want to expand past that at times; including cartoons, unintentionally racist stuff that came off incredibly racist and self-aware but controversial stuff (Coon Skin or Bamboozled for example).

I've had this idea ever since I took a survey of minority representation in films from the dawn of cinema to contemporary times. The first half of that class was amazing. The sheer potency of the racism within that period of film was just ridiculous. A lot of people were uncomfortable and offended by a lot of the stuff, and I was to a certain degree, but I also couldn't help but laugh at some of the stuff they were doing. I'd obviously want to expand past that at times; including cartoons, unintentionally racist stuff that came off incredibly racist and self-aware but controversial stuff (Coon Skin or Bamboozled for example).

From Hattie to Lupita. From Sweet Sweetback to Black Dynamite.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Man, lots of people on here don't understand what the words "contract not being renewed" actually means in the real world.

Top Bottom