• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well he's not lying. Did you forget U3 review thread, or the map thread, or the Ellen Page thread, or every thread where TLoU wasn't GOTY?

U3 review thread was probably one of my favorite threads. That hall of shame was unreal.

The Ellen Page one turned to shit so fast. SO fast.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Surprised that Watch Dogs thread is still open. Furthermore, if you ever needed proof to why devs balk at talking to "enthusiasts" on forums, that thread is an example.

To clarify, i'm talking about people discussing the subject at hand, and staying on topic.

Silky

Banned
Cant say much about Left Behind because I havent played it. But for 15 bones Strider is not bad at all. If you are a fan of games like Guacamelee and Shadow Complex with a turn more towards combat then its a solid choice. I am literally at the end of the game and found it a very enjoyable experience. Strider isnt exactly long either but its not bad.

Now I pose a question for you cats. Burnout Paradise for 15 bucks? Yea or Nah? And anyone playing Persona Arena or UMvC3? I want to start playing again and I am rusty as fuck.

I don't think ppl play Burnout: Paradise too much on PS3. PC servers are still active.

I'm practicing a lot of P4A, so if you ever want to mess around in it just send me a msg.

Speaking of Criterion, how is the NFS:MW reboot?

J10

Banned
Surprised that Watch Dogs thread is still open. Furthermore, if you ever needed proof to why devs balk at talking to "enthusiasts" on forums, that thread is an example.

To clarify, i'm talking about people discussing the subject at hand, and staying on topic.

Have you commented there? I haven't gone through all of it.

DominoKid

Power outage made me bored enough to try a Fire Emblem game. Sacred Stones on GBA.

I think I like FF Tactics more but it was a cool timewaster until my laptop died. The dead characters staying dead thing is pretty cool cause it makes you cautious as hell

Silky

Banned
I stopped commenting in that WD thread as soon as someone had the audacity to say it looks like an N64 game

this is why good gameplay is so fucking miniscule, because enthusiasts would rather sacrifice things that work for the gameplay so they can have a pretty image to look at

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I stopped commenting in that WD thread as soon as someone had the audacity to say it looks like an N64 game

this is why good gameplay is so fucking miniscule, because enthusiasts would rather sacrifice things that work for the gameplay so they can have a pretty image to look at

Have you played, tested or work on the game?
How could you know that gameplay in this case took a backseat to graphics or vice versa ?

Imm0rt4l

Have you played, tested or work on the game?
How could you know that gameplay in this case took a backseat to graphics or vice versa ?

It is presumptuous for sure. But to be fair this comes after the delay because allegedly some ubisoft heads felt the game was repetitive. So maybe he's assuming concessions were made while they made the game less redundant. At the end of the day Ubi thought the game wasn't ready, so it most def wasn't ready. The downgrade looks pretty bad in some images and not so bad in others. I really hope the division isn't misleading audience with pipe dreams because I feel like that could be something special....but I'm gonna put my cynical hat on just to be safe

a174f304a63911e39a9e12568affc0f7_8.jpg

thats my bae

Nakazato

My hairline started going at like 20. Thanks Dad.

That's why I just buzz the whole thing off now.

Wish I knew how to cut my own hair. Id end up spending way to much a year if i had to go to get it cut 2 a month. Going bald but grows back fast as fuck i dont understand it.

harSon

Banned
My hairline started going at like 20. Thanks Dad.

That's why I just buzz the whole thing off now.

I don't have the head shape for a bald look. My grandpa balded, and so did my dad, but his brothers are hit and miss along that front. I can see my stuff already thinning out a bit :( I might be one of those dudes who hang onto a patch of hair... cause I just don't see bald looking good. I'm going to be Christian Bale in the beginning of American Hustle...

I don't have the head shape for a bald look. My grandpa balded, and so did my dad, but his brothers are hit and miss along that front. I can see my stuff already thinning out a bit :( I might be one of those dudes who hang onto a patch of hair... cause I just don't see bald looking good. I'm going to be Christian Bale in the beginning of American Hustle...

Psst you get the bald from momma's side.

All the cats in my family have good hair. But I have always kept my hair short. But I got friends who are going bald in their early thirties. The only thing I'm waiting on is full head of gray that I know is coming.

Nakazato

Could Naughty Dog's next game have a black protagonist?

we all know how people would react

no matter how much we would like it There would be major backlash at in the end he would be the lightest skinned black person so he could pass with a hair that the majority of black people dont have

DominoKid

One of my friends started thinning out bad at 21. He gave up on his hair and shaved it bald. I still have trouble recognizing him because I always thing of him with hair.

Imm0rt4l

My hairlines isn't boyish, it's fairly mature. I've never had any thinning just some receding in the corners as I get older. My maternal grandfather has a full head of hair, I think on my dad's side he was bald. Jamie Foxx's hairline seems to coincide with the stock market, shit's in a state of flux. Seems to be up now from out of nowhere.

The comb over was on some other shit.

ReiGun

I think it has potential, but I yet to hear anyone sing that can reach that soul.

Having finally watched Frozen yesterday, that's how I felt about it. Idina Menzel is def talented, but she just couldn't bring the emotion out of the song. It is a great moment in the context of the film, but the song on its own is just okay. Personally liked "Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?" and "Love is an Open Door" more.

Slayven

Having finally watched Frozen yesterday, that's how I felt about it. Idina Menzel is def talented, but she just couldn't bring the emotion out of the song. It is a great moment in the context of the film, but the song on its own is just okay. Personally liked "Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?" and "Love is an Open Door" more.

I want Ariana Grande to cover it, she can reach that "had to throw hot grits on a dude" pitch.

Trey

Let It Go felt premature in the film. I knew once she started belting that song out that it was the song for the film, but Elsa never was convincing in being the embodiment of Let It Go's theme.

So the song was executed questionably within the film, but as a standalone song it's cool.

Top Bottom