• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Imm0rt4l

Some people go really hard that way in the abortion debate:

MFrfuNp.jpg

Here's the site that put that billboard up.

Black people stay being used to elicit an emotional response. On one hand the ad totally makes sense because their are people who want abortion clinics in part due to control black populations. It's sad, that reads like some conspiracy shit, but it's true. Count Dookkake posted a billboard in here a few OT's ago.

r-ATHEIST-SLAVERY-BILLBOARD-large570.jpg

On one hand there should be a discussion. On the other, this probably not the way to start it. But it's supposed to be provocative.

BlackJace

Black people stay being used to elicit an emotional response. On one hand the ad totally makes sense because their are people who want abortion clinics in part due to control black populations. It's sad, that reads like some conspiracy shit, but it's true. Count Dookkake posted a billboard in here a few OT's ago.

On one hand there should be a discussion. On the other, this probably not the way to start it. But it's supposed to be provocative.

Yo what the fuck. America pls.

Slayven

I see how it is. Direct your Slayvenous thoughts to Toronto.
Slayvenous thoughts can occupy all points in space time, all that missing mater Steve Hawkings and them keep looking for? It's actually my love for women.

See that is why i don't mess with internet atheists. Black people are a measuring stick that no one wants to examine too closely.

BlackJace

That whole thread is a mess.

I mean, firings/layoffs are bad news all around, but is there any reason why there seems to be so much discussion about this Naughty Dog one in particular? It's not because it's a woman this time, is it?

It seems like any controversy surrounding sexism, feminism, etc. in Gaming Side gets to be pretty big.

Generally curious, as I haven't even peeked in them for more than a few posts.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
I mean, firings/layoffs are bad news all around, but is there any reason why there seems to be so much discussion about this Naughty Dog one in particular? It's not because it's a woman this time, is it?

It seems like any controversy surrounding sexism, feminism, etc. in Gaming Side gets to be pretty big.

Generally curious, as I haven't even peeked in them for more than a few posts.

Probably a combo of the fact that it is Naughty Dog, and Hennig being female. I'd wager a 90-10 split in favour of the former.

People are emotionally invested because they would chop their thumbs off for Naughty Dog.

BlackJace

Probably a combo of the fact that it is Naughty Dog, and Hennig being female. I'd wager a 90-10 split in favour of the former.

People are emotionally invested because they would chop their thumbs off for Naughty Dog.

I see, I can't even imagine what there is to talk about for 40+ pages though.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't realize people here were so interested in the corporate politics of game studios.

Trey

Same shit was going on when Corinne Yu left 343 and joined Naughty Dog. People with no clue using developers as ammo in a console fan war.

Imm0rt4l

I didn't realize people here were so interested in the corporate politics of game studios.

This forum is comprised of enthusiasts. You could probably make a thread on what John Carmack ate for breakfast and get a discussion going. Internal Politics is fair game really.

Damn, you really dislike how popular naughty dog is my dude

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Damn, you really dislike how popular naughty dog is my dude

Not at all, i have friends there and i mostly enjoy their games. My comment was in relation to the double standards usually on show when it comes to ND on the gaming side of this forum. Especially in that thread.

Imm0rt4l

Not at all, i have friends there and i mostly enjoy their games. My comment was in relation to the double standards usually on show when it comes to ND on the gaming side of this forum. Especially in that thread.

What kind of double standards? I only ask because I notice a recurring theme in your posts regarding ND, they're pretty silky johson-esque. You're of course entitled to your opinion, everyone has preferences.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
What kind of double standards? I only ask because I notice a recurring theme in your posts regarding ND. You're of course entitled to your opinion, everyone has preferences.

I just find their defence force on here even more prone to extreme hyperbole than the likes of the console manufacturers. Or Valve fans.

I get annoyed when people who have next to no knowledge of a situation attempt to speak with such authority or passion on said situation, based solely on their attachment to a dev/pub's games. Make no mistake, i'd want people to be objective of anything i work on. You only drink kool-aid to a point.

Imm0rt4l

I just find their defence force on here even more prone to extreme hyperbole than the likes of the console manufacturers. Or Valve fans.

I get annoyed when people who have next to no knowledge of a situation attempt to speak with such authority or passion on said situation, based solely on their attachment to a dev/pub's games. Make no mistake, i'd want people to be objective of anything i work on. You only drink kool-aid to a point.

Hyperbole is gafs favorite word. I think defense force is a loaded term in this regard, but I understand what you're saying (uc3 in particular but you understand they don't have a monopoly on that). When hyperbole is swapped out for delusions of grandeur then I think their is a problem. If gaf were to front like

on the topic of ND, has anyone played Left Behind or the new Strider? I'm thinking of getting left behind or maybe strider/guacamelee. People are talking up strider and I see heads playing on my friends list. fwiw I thought strider 2 for psx was short and repetitive it was ok but could have been so much more.

Stick of truth worth a buy or redbox?

Not a huge South Park fan but I like RPG's. I bought it and I love it. Still haven't finished yet, mostly walking around doing sidequests and such.

I would say though that if the 12-15 hr reported length of the game or the low brow humor of SP make you hesitant at all.. go ahead and Redbox.

I mean you'll regret that extra 2 bucks a lot less if you end up buying it after than you would if you buy it and end up wishing you'd rented instead.

real talk, one thing that kills me is people who say they won't buy _ because it's not on Steam.

The insistence of what went down or what NDAs cover or knowing the facts without really knowing shit is annoying. I can't imagine how much more annoying if you work in the industry. And how much more annoying on top of that if they're shit talking a place/company you work for or know about.

Imm0rt4l

The insistence of what went down or what NDAs cover or knowing the facts without really knowing shit is annoying. I can't imagine how much more annoying if you work in the industry. And how much more annoying on top of that if they're shit talking a place/company you work for or know about.

jumptoconclusiongame.png

KumaJG

Hyperbole is gafs favorite word. I think defense force is a loaded term in this regard, but I understand what you're saying (uc3 in particular but you understand they don't have a monopoly on that). When hyperbole is swapped out for delusions of grandeur then I think their is a problem. If gaf were to front like

on the topic of ND, has anyone played Left Behind or the new Strider? I'm thinking of getting left behind or maybe strider/guacamelee. People are talking up strider and I see heads playing on my friends list. fwiw I thought strider 2 for psx was short and repetitive it was ok but could have been so much more.

I would go with strider/guacamelee. Left is too short, I would wait for discount. ND has a strong defense force because they earned the benefit of doubt imo.

Imm0rt4l

I would go with strider/guacamelee. Left is too short, I would wait for discount. ND has a strong defense force because they earned the benefit of doubt imo.
Agreed, much in the same way square fans deserve to be cynical about anything they announce. Thanks I thought this would be the opinion on left behind.

Cant say much about Left Behind because I havent played it. But for 15 bones Strider is not bad at all. If you are a fan of games like Guacamelee and Shadow Complex with a turn more towards combat then its a solid choice. I am literally at the end of the game and found it a very enjoyable experience. Strider isnt exactly long either but its not bad.

Now I pose a question for you cats. Burnout Paradise for 15 bucks? Yea or Nah? And anyone playing Persona Arena or UMvC3? I want to start playing again and I am rusty as fuck.

Kwixotik

One time in high school I was with my mom and brother in a grocery store and my brother asked if we could rent something from Redtube.

Gorillaz

I'm sitting here drunk watching telemondo

Why is everyone so attractive on these soap opera, and the camera is so bright. It doesn't make sense

Cant say much about Left Behind because I havent played it. But for 15 bones Strider is not bad at all. If you are a fan of games like Guacamelee and Shadow Complex with a turn more towards combat then its a solid choice. I am literally at the end of the game and found it a very enjoyable experience. Strider isnt exactly long either but its not bad.

Now I pose a question for you cats. Burnout Paradise for 15 bucks? Yea or Nah? And anyone playing Persona Arena or UMvC3? I want to start playing again and I am rusty as fuck.

Really no one?

akira28

I would wait on a deal for Burnout Paradise. It's a good game, but not nearly as many people playing as years ago.

Then again I'm cheap and my backlog is steep.

I would wait on a deal for Burnout Paradise. It's a good game, but not nearly as many people playing as years ago.

Then again I'm cheap and my backlog is steep.

PSN has it for 14.99 for deluxe and 9.99 for regular. That's why I'm contemplating it. I have an extensive backlog as well. I know that feel.

PSN has it for 14.99 for deluxe and 9.99 for regular. That's why I'm contemplating it. I have an extensive backlog as well. I know that feel.

Surprised it's still that expensive. It's not a bad price but half the fun for me when I had it on 360 was going online and having fun. Not sure if the servers are even up.

Order

What system you got P4A on?

Top Bottom