• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Trey

This seems cool.

WiltedThoughtfulImperialeagle.gif

90s nostalgia bomb

I'd watch a sitcom with the Rock/Austin as the odd couple.

Even when the Rock was normal sized he wasn't normal sized.

I don't really have a dog in the fight in terms of tipping vs not tipping culture anymore but fuck people who stiff waiters/etc as some sort of personal boycott of the process. That's just you being a cheap asshole and you're changing fuck all.

Trey

I don't really have a dog in the fight in terms of tipping vs not tipping culture anymore but fuck people who stiff waiters/etc as some sort of personal boycott of the process. That's just you being a cheap asshole and you're changing fuck all.

I'm upset about it because I actually sympathize with the viewpoint. Tipping is no longer primarily a gesture of good will or a customer unilaterally regulating the quality of service he or she receives. It's foisting the responsibility of a company to pay its own workers a livable wage onto consumers.

I tip because I would be considered an asshole if I didn't. I really don't like that. The obligation doesn't sit right with me. I'd prefer higher food prices along with the knowledge that I don't have to tip famously lest the server dies homeless alongside his or her family.

I'm upset about it because I actually sympathize with the viewpoint. Tipping is no longer primarily a gesture of good will or a customer unilaterally regulating the quality of service he or she receives. It's foisting the responsibility of a company to pay its own workers a livable wage onto consumers.

I tip because I would be considered an asshole if I didn't. I really don't like that. The obligation doesn't sit right with me. I'd prefer higher food prices along with the knowledge that I don't have to tip famously lest the server dies homeless alongside his or her family.

I tip but if I really took issue with it I'd start a petition or lobby a representative. Stiffing the staff while still giving a company your business is the height of stupidity.

Nakazato

I tip based on how the service is.

Same.

I was at a restaurant last week. Guy brought us our plate then skipped over us every time he saw me look at him he turned the other way.

something something dehumanizing stare something something only went to non minorities.

And i still gave him a generous tip tho i shouldn't had left but a dollar

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I tip based on the number of mints I receive with the bill.

0 = 0
1 = 5%
2 = 10%
3 = 15%
4+ = 20%

Edit: Ever meet a black grandmother that can't cook? I have...my grandmother. I don't know how much longer I can continue to tell her my acid reflux is peaking.

Nakazato

I tip based on the number of mints I receive with the bill.

0 = 0
1 = 5%
2 = 10%
3 = 15%
4+ = 20%

Edit: Ever meet a black grandmother that can't cook? I have...my grandmother. I don't know how much longer I can continue to tell her my acid reflux is peaking.

WORD LOL

i tip because that's just how going to a restaurant works in the US. i'm sure that if i were in a country that had laws that made sure waiters got paid minimum wage i wouldn't tip every time.

you didn't absolutely fuck up = 15%

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I always tip, unless the waiter/waitress is terrible. But even then, I'll leave something, just not as much as usual.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
My way might be wrong but I usually tip whatever the average gallon gas is in the area.

Also I don't feel bad for not tipping especially if service was horrible.

The warm season has hit and once again there is yelling across the street.

Time to spend more of my time on the porch for maximum entertainment.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Yeah, many would be surprised by what you see when you just sit outside and watch people for a while. People are just crazy. I saw a lot of deep shit when I use to work construction. From naked homeless women to spousal abuse in the street. Rough planet we live on.

Yeah, many would be surprised by what you see when you just sit outside and watch people for a while. People are just crazy. I saw a lot of deep shit when I use to work construction. From naked homeless women to spousal abuse in the street. Rough planet we live on.

True. What's weird is the area is pretty good but people lose their shit. It's also where TD kept some piece of shit from further injuring a cabbie.

I don't know much about that new format but if it really is CPU stressing why would anyone want GAF to support it? Y'all really want to melt your CPU's due to a meme quote train?

Top Bottom