• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Ah yeah some woman at the bus stop yelling into her phone at some guy named Greg who's apparently a piece of shit lamo who should get with another old bitch.

This warm weather damn...

KumaJG

Drake had that UCONN jersey under that UK Jacket.

Bkq33fkCIAAdVI0.jpg

Ah yeah some woman at the bus stop yelling into her phone at some guy named Greg who's apparently a piece of shit lamo who should get with another old bitch.

This warm weather damn...

Well it wasn't me. But I did receive a weird call tho.

Man of Steel was visually appealing but that's about it.

But his bottom is upper middle class in canada,

You just don't understand Drake's struggle. When your mom tells you can't drive the Porsche with your buddies late Friday night. Having to decide which girl you really talking to. Boss at your part time Market Basket job making you work an extra hour for more money.

Tell 'em, Moris

I always refresh this thread when a "fun" thread like that pops up so I can spiritually cleanse myself. And people say Gaming side gets bad.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
"You can't put affirmative action on who you find attractive."

hwelp

anyway, I ended up subscribing to WWE network, and it seems decent. I haven't had any problems with stream quality or anything yet. Only issue is that seeking through a video is a real pain. As for Wrestlemania, both Daniel Bryan matches were good, Cesaro is a goddamn monster, and that's about all I can think of. Oh, and Batista always has this look on his face like he's pissed because he thought he was gonna be beloved like Rock or somethig when he came back. You can almost hear him going "I came back for this?" every time.

akira28

eh, technically, I guess. I tend to have finer separation in my mind.

Then again I would probably put Malagasy women in with Africa.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
One guys doing it pretty well with his excuse about attractiveness and asianess is not being the same thing and that he's just attracted To Asian women

That creepywhiteguys Tumblr is a beautiful thing for those who are in denial.

I get creeped out when guys have fetish for black women. It's unsettling because that means you only like a girl for her race. So that means when another girl of the same race pops up, you're all over her too and she's of the same significance.

It's one thing to like a particular feature of a woman (I think most of these guys are lying and trying to cover their bases) like a hair quality (I personally think they have beautiful dark hair but I've seen some with red hair) or something, but Asian women don't all have the same eyes, nor the same facial structure, nor the same skin color (heck even their hair varies).

This isn't new science. Women of every ethnicity come in all types and this preference stuff is a cover up for the truth. And these guys ain't fooling nobody.

cdyhybrid

Thread couldn't even get a page in before it went downhill. Not that I'm surprised.

Also, if I'm an Asian female poster I'm never telling anyone.

Silky

Banned
Question; to all who apply for jobs or whatever, do you ever list your ethnicity? Do yo uthink listing it may have a negative impact on your chances of getting a job?

Question; to all who apply for jobs or whatever, do you ever list your ethnicity? Do yo uthink listing it may have a negative impact on your chances of getting a job?

IMO its a slippery slope. Its a known fact the more "Anglo Saxon" the name the better the chances. Lump that in with ethnicity and....

Its funny I was qualified for a number of jobs and ran equal with some folks but the reason I got it was because I "able to fill a quota". I actually put both Hispanic and African American on applications. Its worked for me but can't say for all though.

EDIT: The thing about preferences is what gets to me. If a perfectly amazing person who happened to be a race you didn't "prefer" would a cat let it pass? I mean meets every criteria except is a different nationality/race, would you lose that chance at bliss because of color? Thats my question.

PK Gaming

I didn't think it was a requirement

My name's a dead ringer anyway, so it's no big deal either way

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I'm putting white for now on and if they bring it up in an interview I'll just say it was typo or something.

Preferences are fine but people manage to come off like they're interested in dolls rather than people and it's damn creepy.

Refer to your preference for Asian women as yellow fever with a straight face...I ducked out of that one reeaaaal quick.

My name gives me away. No one is believing my name belongs to a white guy, even worse they assume I speak Spanish and every interviewer asks....feel like I'm worse off being Hispanic and not knowing spanish than a non Hispanic who doesn't. It's like being a water type who can't learn surf, it's assumed and then they get a bit disappointed when I let them know.

Makai

I am white but have a non-white name. Interviewers get excited when they meet me and comment on the discrepancy between my name and looks. I am only now realizing how bad that is.

I should have never taken the tour of the sausage factory.

go to the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sausage_Party instead
Synopsis: A group of sausages want to be purchased, but get lost and need to return to their aisles before the fourth of July.

I write in American under ethnicity

EDIT: The thing about preferences is what gets to me. If a perfectly amazing person who happened to be a race you didn't "prefer" would a cat let it pass? I mean meets every criteria except is a different nationality/race, would you lose that chance at bliss because of color? Thats my question.

Sad thing is more people than not would dodge this. I'm an equal opportune lover. I remember when at work someone brought up what ifs. Like what if my family knew I was dating a Caucasian/white and etc. I'm all like huh? Wouldn't bother them..outside of my mom. Then again everyone else can go kick rocks.

Kreed

I never fill that out if it's optional because, yes, I do feel like some jobs will look at your ethnicity and start making assumptions before the interview about who you are/what you're going to be about and if you're going to "fit in" with everyone else.

That's being exclusive, and that's something people don't get when they say "preference". A preference is like "I prefer to drink water, but I will also drink other beverages from time to time.". As in you "prefer" one thing over the others but you still include the others, whereas exclusive means you exclude others completely.

Top Bottom