• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Drake had that UCONN jersey under that UK Jacket.

Bkq33fkCIAAdVI0.jpg

Idris-Elba.gif

Drake being a bandwagon fan just adds to my overall dislike of him.

Also did you guys hear? Apparently All Sharpton use to be a snitch for the feds...... I just need the file showing Jesse Jackson was one too and all of my civil rights conspiracy theories will end up being reality.

Why are the majority of Ps4 streamers black. My bros do not understand why

Nyomi Banxx was on last night. She was the highest viewed streamer. She was doing her XM radio show on UStream and starting yesterday (from what she said) is now using Playroom. As usual, the PS4 viewers were being ps4 viewers. But this is gonna happen more often.

All we need is that upload to youtube option and we'll be good to go

Stay off of Gaf to devote some time to BlazBlue and missed out on another goofy race thread...slipstream

Question; to all who apply for jobs or whatever, do you ever list your ethnicity? Do yo uthink listing it may have a negative impact on your chances of getting a job?

I basically have one of the most hispanic names you can have, so the ethnicity part doesn't matter as much lol.

But in my line of work, it's not really a factor because there's a lot of skill testing in the application process.

AfroMW

Does the preference thread just make routine re-appearances? Is this some form of doctor's appointment for GAF to affirm they make really questionable statements?

akira28

Does the preference thread just make routine re-appearances? Is this some form of doctor's appointment for GAF to affirm they make really questionable statements?

gaming board, opinions are sacred, and they're always right? Ok see you in 3 months. Now take these pills, these doses of reality, or don't. It doesn't matter either way.

RedSwirl

I'm too damn hungry to look at that preference thread right now.

I probably had "preferences" back in high school but even then I subconsciously felt in the back of my head that was being unfair to certain people.

Question; to all who apply for jobs or whatever, do you ever list your ethnicity? Do yo uthink listing it may have a negative impact on your chances of getting a job?

Nope. And I think it's had an affect.

I have a standard Bible first name and an Anglo Saxon surname so more than one interviewer has been visibly surprised upon meeting me.

There are people who prefer certain looks or features over others, and there are people who sincerely believe in their hearts that certain races are ugly. The problem is when the latter group tries to pass themselves off as the former and catches feelings when they get called out.

"I'm not saying all black women are unattractive, I'm saying I've never seen an attractive black woman"

It's the same fucking thing, jackass

PK Gaming

There are people who prefer certain looks or features over others, and there are people who sincerely believe in their hearts that certain races are ugly. The problem is when the latter group tries to pass themselves off as the former and catches feelings when they get called out.

"I'm not saying all black women are unattractive, I'm saying I've never seen an attractive black woman"

It's the same fucking thing, jackass

Word

Kreed

i personally don't find black female attractive, save for like rihanna, beyonce, and a few of the actress. probably cuz all the ones i see are just all really...fat

and the ones that aren't fat just...aren't right with teh whole facial features.

then again, ican say the same for most of other skin color too, but they're not as fat i guess

*cringe*

Why I always strongly preferred black women despite being able to find any race attractive; everyone else either shits on them or has a fetish about them.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear

I loled.

One common thing I've noticed is how desperate people can be to label black women unattractive. Even if they see one that is, they're so quick to change up their original statement and then try to question said black woman's heritage it's hilarious.

And uh, Americans are all struggling with weight issues... Not just black women.

Every race has attractive and unattractive people; it's not like attractiveness and race are linked.

Some of these dudes that fetishize Asian women should take a trip to a grocery store in Japan or Korea on a weekday morning. Their heads might explode.

Enzom21

That guy has posted some stupid shit in the past so I am not surprised.

Every race has attractive and unattractive people; it's not like attractiveness and race are linked.

Some of these dudes that fetishize Asian women should take a trip to a grocery store in Japan or Korea on a weekday morning. Their heads might explode.

I think they understand that, but with most racists black people aren't viewed as individuals. One black person represents all black people so ugly black woman= all black women.

I checked out that latest Riddick movie. It was like a less intense Pitch Black, but it got the job done.

Everything about that character is a videogame before it became one.

PK Gaming

It's even worse when they act all condescending. "I'm not into black women, but this particular black person is gorgeous" John Mayer.

Fuck off with that noise

KumaJG

Question; to all who apply for jobs or whatever, do you ever list your ethnicity? Do you think listing it may have a negative impact on your chances of getting a job?

I do not list it anymore. I actually got more interviews when I do not identify myself. Works in my favor because I have a white sounding name.

Depends on the company and their visible position on diversity. Sometimes it can help, sometimes it will hurt.

Christavious JaiTez Tylean Anderson

Thats a full name, kid already born with 3 strikes

I'm trying to imagine how you would go about even fitting that in a form?

In my personal experience my last name being French, I've never got any weirdness from job interviews. No wait, I think once of twice they probably thought I'd be anglo in some way.

royalan

My favorite rational is: "I just don't find black women attractive, except for [insert the few black celebrities who have been represented in the media as attractive here]. I don't see how my preference is being affected by society! I likes what I likes!"

Usually it's that not that they are attractive to black women. They aren't attractive to "black" women which means in their minds like super dark fat ghetto girl that is imagined from Precious movie

And yes they actually think most of the black women out there are exactly like that

Usually it's that not that they are attractive to black women. They aren't attractive to "black" women which means in their minds like super dark fat ghetto girl that is imagined from Precious movie

And yes they actually think most of the black women out there are exactly like that

I have a friend that thinks like this. In fact I am realizing that same friend is a misogynistic asshole that doesn't think much of women.

RedSwirl

Why I always strongly preferred black women despite being able to find any race attractive; everyone else either shits on them or has a fetish about them.

Okay let me drop this on you.

It's common to more easily gravitate towards girls of your own race because you're more likely to share certain similarities in worldview right? Like, it's obvious at some level they would feel like a default right?

Top Bottom