• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Kreed

What's it like? I need some new manga to read.

It's an action series that was originally written and drawn (stick figures and chicken scratches) by ONE that is now being redrawn and re-released by the creator of Eyeshield21 (Murita).

The series mainly focuses on the title character One Punch Man, who basically is as his name sounds. He defeats every single enemy with only one punch, trying to find an opponent that can take more than one blow. It "sounds" like it should be boring based on that description, but the humor of the main character and the supporting characters who don't have this ability and have to fight "traditionally" keep everything fresh.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
i'm feeling ancient tonight fam, i was listening to "Mind playing tricks On Me" and just realized its almost 25 years old.

Fuck. FUCK. I remember when I discovered it almost 20 years ago. Face ended up getting me through a lot of hard times.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
It's an action series that was originally written and drawn (stick figures and chicken scratches) by ONE that is now being redrawn and re-released by the creator of Eyeshield21 (Murita).

The series mainly focuses on the title character One Punch Man, who basically is as his name sounds. He defeats every single enemy with only one punch, trying to find an opponent that can take more than one blow. It "sounds" like it should be boring based on that description, but the humor of the main character and the supporting characters who don't have this ability and have to fight "traditionally" keep everything fresh.

It's a really great shounen series

It's too bad it probably won't end before I'm in my 30s at the rate it's releasing(I'm 23)

A better investment of your time than One Piece though in terms of series that won't end before your midlife crisis. If you only follow one shounen(or you're like me and only have the stomach for one at a time) it should most certainly be One Punch Man.

JohnDoe

Banned
What's it like? I need some new manga to read.

It's fucking phenomenal.
To everyone who's reading onepunch man, don't miss out on mob psycho, it's by one too!

Idk which of both i like more. They are so good.

The best manga series I've ever read in my life is Jojo's Bizarre Adventure though. It's pretty well known in the manga community but if you haven't read it already, give it a try.

J10

Banned
Going through my likes on Tumblr and dug up a goodie. It's gotten around so you've probably seen it:

I FOUND ICE CUBES ‘GOOD DAY’

CLUE 1:
“went to short dogs house,
they was watching Yo MTV
RAPS”
Yo MTV RAPS first aired:
Aug 6th 1988

CLUE 2:
Ice Cubes single “today was a good day” released on:
Feb 23 1993

CLUE 3:
”The Lakers beat the Super
Sonics”
Dates between Yo MTV Raps air date AUGUST 6 1988 and the release of the single FEBRUARY 23 1993 where the Lakers beat the Super Sonics:
Nov 11 1988 114-103
Nov 30 1988 110-106
Apr 4 1989 115-97
Apr 23 1989 121-117
Jan 17 1990 100-90
Feb 28 1990 112-107
Mar 25 1990 116-94
Apr 17 1990 102-101
Jan 18 1991 105-96
Mar 24 1991 113-96
Apr 21 1991 103-100
Jan 20 1992 116-110

CLUE 4:
Dates of those Laker wins over SuperSonics where it was a clear day with no Smog:
Nov 30 1988
Apr 4 1989
Jan 18 1991
Jan 20 1992

CLUE 5:
“Got a beep from Kim, and
she can fuck all night”
beepers weren’t adopted by mobile phone companies until the 1990s. Dates left where mobile beepers were availible to public:
Jan 18 1991
Jan 20 1992

CLUE 6:
Ice Cube starred in the film “Boyz in the hood” that released late Summer of 1991, but was being filmed mid-late 1990 early 1991 and Ice Cube was busy on set filming the movie Jan 18 1991 too busy to be lounging around the streets with no plans. Ladies and Gentlemen..

The ONLY day where:
Yo MTV Raps was on air
It was a clear and smogless day
Beepers were commercially sold
Lakers beat the SuperSonics
and Ice Cube had no events to attend was…

JANUARY 20 1992
National Good Day Day

And just found out dude actually celebrated it this year with Cube himself.

There I am, a couple heads behind Ice Cube walking down a tarmac with the Goodyear Blimp ahead of us, all I could think was “is this real? Am I really walking in a posse following Ice muthafucking Cube to the Goodyear muthafucking Blimp on January 20th??” (brain comprehension levels still nowhere to be found).

harSon

Banned
These retailers I shop at need to stop being compromised. This is the second time in a few months where Bank of America has deactivated my Debit card and shipped me a new one. Good thing I have a Credit Card, although it's annoying to have to redo all my subscriptions....

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I stopped using my debit card really. Not only because of experiencing what you are right now through BoA but also because a friend of mine had his card used for fraudulent purchases.

He got his money back eventually, but it happened on a Friday, so there was no one to take care of the issue until after the weekend. So for those three days he had no money in his account and as a result scheduled payments got declined and he couldn't do anything despite getting paid that day.

So now I just use my credit cards and cash exclusively. Got one for gas and groceries and one for online purchases and restaurants. Everything else I just use cash for, or bank transfers/checks for bills.

Can't tell you how good it feels to know exactly where your money is going.(now that I don't use my debit card for smaller purchases, only thing on my checking account statement is bill payments and cash withdrawals.) I find using cash makes it easier to budget yourself as well. I give myself an allowance every check for things outside of those 4 categories or smaller purchases like coffee or fast food and when that's gone it's gone.

These retailers I shop at need to stop being compromised. This is the second time in a few months where Bank of America has deactivated my Debit card and shipped me a new one. Good thing I have a Credit Card, although it's annoying to have to redo all my subscriptions....

i wonder how much longer they will think its still cheaper not to upgrade from 1960s tech...

iavi

Good thing I have a Credit Card, although it's annoying to have to redo all my subscriptions....

The way I do it is I have all my different subscriptions set to a credit card, and that credit card set to auto-draw a tad over the total sum of the charges directly out of checking every month.

After setting that system up, I damn near feel like I found the secret of life, those assorted little charges hitting my main checking account used to annoy me so much.

Dereck

jhgbkjhbm_zpsc2e718e6.gif

Gorillaz

I can't keep up with yall on that anime/manga shit. I'm still trying to watch the "important' ones first.

Like I finally saw black lagoon this past week, it's like they were trying to channel Tarantino in anime form. So many F bombs.

edit:I'm watching bebop next

Warhol

Neo Member
Been going through 112's and Keyshia Cole's discography. So much amazingness.

Why can't they make music like this anymore T . T

Imm0rt4l

Miura needs to stop playing idol master and put work in on berserk. I haven't read it since 2004. I don't think its got more than 3 volumesout since I finishes reading it.

Agree with slay in that shounens typically suck. But then again I don't really havey eye out for mangas or anime right now.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
i fear that i may end up falling for that refurbished wii u deal. i need to stay the fuck away from that thread

One of the GOATs. The art is ridiculous and Goomoonryong is Manga HOF status. Elder Kwon is reaching that level with these pop-offs in New Waves too, lol.

You read Veritas?

veritas pissed me off. all that fucking build wasted

ReiGun

Bout to go out for the my birthday. Given that I don't drink, I intend to instead make all my friends get drunk and dance for my entertainment. Which I feel is a noble enough cause.

akira28

Every time I play multiplayer in a game I'm reminded of just how many derps play this shit.

kids shouldn't be allowed on the internet.
and manchildren. neither should be allowed to play games.

edit: refurb WiiU? hrmmm...
never mind, they're talking like 200$, I'm trrying to see 120. Ebay has it console only, but no gamepad for 134$...but still not right price.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
kids shouldn't be allowed on the internet.
and manchildren. neither should be allowed to play games.

edit: refurb WiiU? hrmmm...

I just dont want to play with them or hear them on the mic. when I have to plug my shit in to tell someone to shut up, they've become an annoyance. I really miss server lists over random matchmaking.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man all of you cats need to have this in your rotation.

The_Breaker_(manhwa)_1_volume_Daiwon_C.I..jpg

And the current sequel The Breaker: New Waves.

Is Chun still in the newer issues? I read it for a while when I was staying with my friend, but I figure they eventually Kamiya'd Chun because that's what always happens.

Top Bottom