• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
IMG_9837-2365632387-O-261x420.jpg

I just started watching real husband of Hollywood today and Cynthia McWilliams got me like
OoGGguf.png

Slayven

I am sick and tired of some one being called racist is worse than actual racist bullshit. When did that happene?

Kreed

It's 20 fucking 14 year of Icejjfish, ignorance is no longer an excuse.

I think this poster illustrated the issue best:

It's weird how much racism I experience towards Latinos, or Mexicans, or whatever the correct thing to call people from Mexico is, in my local area in Oregon. It's weird because they're right next to the white people in terms of numbers here, but I constantly hear racial slurs being thrown at them. It's a pretty rural area in terms of white trash, but it's still super annoying to hear racial slurs all over town whenever anything remotely related to them happens. The mentality I've seen most commonly is that they don't view it as racism, since it's not against black people. Yes, Albany Oregon is a very shitty place to live.

But the one thing I know, is that I can get a pretty fantastic burrito at a couple places in town and they are by far the most customer friendly places I have ever been in.

See the bolded sentence. This is why I don't get mad when gay people/people trying to defend gay rights pull black cards and make black comparisons, because it is the quickest way to illustrate their point of discrimination. People hate on the Al Shaprtons/NAACP groups, but one thing those groups did and continue to do well is TEACH people what racism is to the black community. Excluding the LGBT community in the US, I don't see other groups fighting these stereotypes as hard/often, and it allows for stupidity like this to go unchecked. I bet if these kids post up their racist party photos on facebook, no one is going to give a shit. But let those kids dress up in black face though...

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I like how every thread where white people dress up like a minority is never racist.

Me too.

And then people want to get up in arms and cry about people being too defensive and swearing everything isn't racist when a lot of the time, it is. Calling a Hispanic person dirty because they're Mexican is fucking racist!

People are too weak with racist and ignorant people, too scared to embarrass them, when we all should be shaming them so they'll cut the crap.

And the worst part is people using the "My Mexican gf/friend/etc said ___" to mask their own ignorance. If your friend or whoever said that, correct them. Tell them they shouldn't be comfortable with someone insulting their race like that.

Ugh.

Kreed

I like how every thread where white people dress up like a minority is never racist.

Didn't you get the memo? It's only racist if someone gets dragged for miles for flirting with a white woman, beaten, and have their eyes gouged out. Everything else is just harmless fun and if you get your feelings hurt you're just too uptight.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Didn't you get the memo? It's only racist if someone gets dragged for miles for flirting with a white woman, beaten, and have their eyes gouged out.

How do you know that was racist? Maybe it was just a really jealous guy and he would have done the same thing to anybody who talked to her.

Some people just see racism everywhere, I guess.

Goddamn

Oroku Saki must have given this man a mexican name

Yo; I just got outta that thread. When I saw my man drop that Oroku Saki I was done. His guvmn't name is Dredd Foxx AND he drops that Shredder Government. D. Foxx bout that life and 100 dollars apparently.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Yo; I just got outta that thread. When I saw my man drop that Oroku Saki I was done. His guvmn't name is Dredd Foxx AND he drops that Shredder Government. D. Foxx bout that life and 100 dollars apparently.

Shit got too real for me when I got to the facebook post about how he got his Ipad stolen at a Public Enemy concert was using internet at the public library to summon his minions for 5 dollar donations to replace it.

I would have never imagined the struggle was that real for the guy behind Parappa and the Knuckles theme songs.

You think you out the bucket, and then that claw drags you right back down

PaRappa pls...probably hoping that rumor of a new PaRappa game is true

Top Bottom