• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I'd appreciate it if y'all wouldn't battle royal over my post, because despite the hostile tone, he actually does have a point about the venting. But I felt like venting, so I vented. A lot of the bullshit does get stamped out, but like I said in my post, a lot gets overlooked or lenient bans compared to other shit. But if my post warrants any punishment then so be it. Just don't get taken down with me going at each other's throats if that's the case.
Nah man it's cool. No ones gonna get taken down. We're just having a discussion bout the intricacies of racism and the struggle of internal cultural prejudice aka my Uncle Tom syndrome.

J10

Banned
My takeaway was that bans for bigotry should be more frequent and severe than bans for trivial shit like port begging. Maybe they already are though.

Maaaaaaan.

This dude was supposed to e-mail me last night for this group project that's due today. It's noon and class is in less than 6 hours and no word yet.

When we had class last I tried to exchange phone numbers because I worried about this he said "Why? You have my e-mail." Me,"You check that frequently enough that if something happens we can talk about it quickly?" Him, "Yea, I check all the time."

...this motherfucker.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
People get banned over racist shit all the time. Quit bitching. If you feel offended PM A MOD. don't come in here to vent. Black GAF ain't got shit.

Edit: sad shit is that it goes both ways. Black GAF gets away with bullshit posts all the time, especially in here where there are frequent mods like bish and mum
Please. I snitch more than people even realize. In this thread as well as others. You better think long and hard about which mod you PM. I remember a mod straight up telling me that I was in the wrong and threatening me with a ban. Why? Because I reminded him that the same founding fathers that said all men were created equal didn't mean *all* men. Can't have a lazy argument shaken up so clearly a threat is the best possible response. Other times I let people know that stalking is going on. No response at all. I remember a certain level of "why isn't there a white culture thread?" butthurt boiling over to the point where someone fucked 2 massive, long-lasting communities with the quickness. I've seen the same people make repeated targeted racist remarks towards certain 'openly black' members and, until recently, an unchecked isitreallyracism mentality that was active and prevalent.

In that Chris Dorner thread, people literally accused blacks of hivethink support of a serial killer. I've been called one of the good ones for taking shots at MIMIC for the Paltrow/NIP thread and casually throwing salt at Slay while the very same people go crazy on me for throwing down 'Gay is the new Black' every time I see it.

So save it. Religion and Race get dogged out. But debate the sexual attraction of a 700 year old dragon that happens to look like a 6th grader. That's what you need to be ready for when you log in here. When you get 100 PMs, 5 phone calls, and an admin seeking legal advice about some shit, then you can take that tone like you know what the fuck you're talking about.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Maaaaaaan.

This dude was supposed to e-mail me last night for this group project that's due today. It's noon and class is in less than 6 hours and no word yet.

When we had class last I tried to exchange phone numbers because I worried about this he said "Why? You have my e-mail." Me,"You check that frequently enough that if something happens we can talk about it quickly?" Him, "Yea, I check all the time."

...this motherfucker.
Group projects are dookie

You also have to be wary of being accused of "mod shopping."
Maaaaaaan.

...this motherfucker.

He forgot to check his spam.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Damn, launched the napalm in here.
Maaaaaaan.

...this motherfucker.
Yeah he pulled the wool over your eyes. This is why I usually try to bully myself into the leader position for group projects. Strict deadlines or you're dropped.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
So save it. Religion and Race get dogged out. But debate the sexual attraction of a 700 year old dragon that happens to look like a 6th grader. That's what you need to be ready for when you log in here. When you get 100 PMs, 5 phone calls, and an admin seeking legal advice about some shit, then you can take that tone like you know what the fuck you're talking about.
did you actually follow the discussion or are you just gonna harp on one post? Really isn't that serious

Maaaaaaan.

...this motherfucker.

I was lucky I got through with almost no group work. Every student for themselves

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Maaaaaaan.

...this motherfucker.

Hate it had to be you. If he falls through, I guess you can talk to the teacher in private.

As much as I hate group projects, my look on them has switched since doing actual team work for certain projects. I'm thankful for them now.

But debate the sexual attraction of a 700 year old dragon that happens to look like a 6th grader.

lmao

Gorillaz

The last 2 years of college soured me to group projects completely. I would rather lone wolf shit now then wait for some dude to do his part at 1130 the night before a project asking "what else needs to be done" when we gave him a list of every bodies responsibilities a month ago.

I use to be a big group project guy too. Now I try to lead it from the get go because most people don't step up

But debate the sexual attraction of a 700 year old dragon that happens to look like a 6th grader. That's what you need to be ready for when you log in here. .

My 700 year old dragon can't be this cute

Then dudes got the balls to ask you "so uh what grade you put on the group evaluation"

Nigga, you know damn well what grade you getting, aint nobody ever see your ass and didn't contribute shit.

Kreed

It's bullshit though, especially compared to the type of shit people have caught bans, up to and including perms, for. As long as you manage to not explicitly use slurs, people seem to get a pass.

Like, you can be a racist, but you can't be too negative about video games.
You can be a racist, but you can't question certain mod decisions or forum updates.
You can be a racist, but you can't be overly concerned about Sonic's eye color.
You can be a racist, but you can't be too much of a Nintendo fanboy.
You can be a racist, but you can't be too much of an anti-Nintendo fanboy.
You can be a racist, but you can't say "would".
Racism is cool, but making fun of someone liking k-On is too much.
Racism is fine, but a troll-titled, yet factual thread about Skull Kid being a Smash Bros assist trophy is over the line.

People are getting months (sometimes even multiple) for calling people morons. Cats getting permed over some nonsense that happened in the confines of one community thread. Shit that happened outside the forum/petty IRL drama leading to a perma-ban. But people talking about "I can't relate to this thug garbage" about a game in a franchise where the object of the game is organized crime and you can kill prostitutes for refunds, are still around to this day. You can say shit like "Isn't black history month something made up by followers of Black Athena" and get away unscathed. You can say shit like "I'd like to walk down the street and not get murdered by a young black man" and get away unscathed. Or at the most, temp bans. I know mods have lives and aren't in every thread and all that, but the frequency that people post all kinds of thinly veiled, dog-whistled, code worded bullshit and get no more than a temporary ban, if that, is baffling. Especially compared to how often people get banned for just about anything else.

It's complete bullshit.

Keep in mind that gaming side =/= OT side. IMO the mods are much more active/it is much easier to catch a ban for gaming topics than it is for any OT topic, which makes sense since gaming side is more active and this is a gaming forum.

The last good group project I was in, I made a discussion point about the risks of smoking. I knew full well that my partner wasn't gonna do shit, so we both agreed that he's take a lower, but still passing grade, and he'd just be the hype man while I did the presentation.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Then dudes got the balls to ask you "so uh what grade you put on the group evaluation"

Nigga, you know damn well what grade you getting, aint nobody ever see your ass and didn't contribute shit.
"Giving you an A- minus bro." *write an F and accidentally spells out fuck you*

cdyhybrid

Maaaaaaan.

...this motherfucker.

Hope you still got that email you sent him. If he fucks you over, go to the professor and show him/her the receipts.

Gorillaz

The evaluation part is even more hilarious. Especially when they know they ain't shit and try to butter you up before it

"oh man that was great, you had everything prepared and we did a great work guys, really we did

so we giving each other A's right?"

The evaluation part is even more hilarious. Especially when they know they ain't shit and try to butter you up before it

"oh man that was great, you had everything prepared and we did a great work guys, really we did

and we all say "Yeah duh I mean of course"

Gave that mothafucka a 1. Wrote "cuz that's the one time I ever saw him"

BHZ Mayor

My takeaway was that bans for bigotry should be more frequent and severe than bans for trivial shit like port begging. Maybe they already are though.

Yeah, pretty much this. DY's post made me think about some other shit I could vent on, but I think already did enough damage.

Infinite

Every group project I been in during college never had team evaluations. I wish it did, some professors of mine passed dudes that didn't do shit.

Slayven

Was it Maury? I saw dude named iPod on it one day.
Paternity Court.
Please. I snitch more than people even realize. In this thread as well as others. You better think long and hard about which mod you PM. I remember a mod straight up telling me that I was in the wrong and threatening me with a ban. Why? Because I reminded him that the same founding fathers that said all men were created equal didn't mean *all* men. Can't have a lazy argument shaken up so clearly a threat is the best possible response. Other times I let people know that stalking is going on. No response at all. I remember a certain level of "why isn't there a white culture thread?" butthurt boiling over to the point where someone fucked 2 massive, long-lasting communities with the quickness. I've seen the same people make repeated targeted racist remarks towards certain 'openly black' members and, until recently, an unchecked isitreallyracism mentality that was active and prevalent.

In that Chris Dorner thread, people literally accused blacks of hivethink support of a serial killer. I've been called one of the good ones for taking shots at MIMIC for the Paltrow/NIP thread and casually throwing salt at Slay while the very same people go crazy on me for throwing down 'Gay is the new Black' every time I see it.

You getting shine off of dissing me outside this thread? I am going to riggsorously
keep track of that of now on.

The Chipotle Story

Yesterday I was in line at Chipotle. It was packed. IJust behind me were two young ladies who seemed about 19 years old. I stood in line for like 10 minutes as they strung together who did and who didn't catch VD because of a recent highschool outbreak. My internal reactions will be coli smileys:

Girl1: "I don't know who it started with but female1 has it and she fucks with dude1 and dude1 fucks anyone who is willing." I try to keep a straightface but internally I'm like
kWf9T.png

Girl2: "Yea he fucked female2 and she hooks up with dude2 on the low"
3HYpp.png

Girl1:"WHAT! Since when?"
Girl2:"Since last year. Always after school, she's just an after-school."
C2xkH.png
@ calling some girl an "after-school"
Girl2:"Female4 was messing around with dude4 in a hot tub, if she was flaring up he might have it too."
Z0kqP.png

Girl1:"That makes sense but dude4 was making out with female3 I heard. I told female3 to go get tested but she said, "Nah I'm good, I'm not itching or burning so I'm not getting tested.'"
KRrHQ.png

Girl2:"But she works and she doesn't have insurance."
Girl1: "So she can just go to planned parenthood."
Girl2: "What exactly does planned parenthood do?"
Girl1: "Basically everything except delive the baby"
iawkz.png

Girl1: "That's where I got my abortion."
bv6ye.png

Girl2:" Really, how much did it cost?"
Girl1: "I went to my doctor and they said they don't perform them there so they referred me to planned parenthood. When I first starting feeling morning sickness I went to the 99 cent store to get pregnancy tests."
e5fXW.png

Girl1: "they all came back positive and I was like, "nooo my mama's gonna kill me!" but I went to planned parenthood and it was just a 15 dollar co-pay."
Girl2: "What's the latest they can give you one?"
Girl1: "6 months. If it's early you get a pill, the longer you wait the more it hurts."
Girl2: "6 MONTHS?!"
Girl1: "I meant weeks."
tLQ8B.png

*Girl1's phone rings*
Girl1: " Hey!......just in this LONG-ASS LINE AT CHOPTLE!"

End Scene.

I ordered my food, left and felt like
ftYIg.png

The place was packed, these girls had zero shame. The line consisted of everyone too, fathers, mothers, sons, daughters etc and this girl just announced her abortion to everyone within 5-10 feet like it was a flu shot.

The place was packed, these girls had zero shame. The line consisted of everyone too, fathers, mothers, sons, daughters etc and this girl just announced her abortion to everyone within 5-10 feet like it was a flu shot.
That's not fair, you only get a flu shot once a year. When you're rachet it's a quarterly thing

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
The Young and the Ratchet

Aka preachers daughter.....

EDIT: I hadnt read the story and while its ratchet I will say its likely 50% exaggerated 50% ratchet mess...... which not for nothing describes 100% of reality TV.

Between Social Media and reality TV I really wonder if anyone has any shame left? Its like the whole world forgot how to be discreet.

The Chipotle Story

Yesterday I was in line at Chipotle. It was packed. IJust behind me were two young ladies who seemed about 19 years old. I stood in line for like 10 minutes as they strung together who did and who didn't catch VD because of a recent highschool outbreak. My internal reactions will be coli smileys:

Girl1: "I don't know who it started with but female1 has it and she fucks with dude1 and dude1 fucks anyone who is willing." I try to keep a straightface but internally I'm like
kWf9T.png

Girl2: "Yea he fucked female2 and she hooks up with dude2 on the low"
3HYpp.png

Girl1:"WHAT! Since when?"
Girl2:"Since last year. Always after school, she's just an after-school."
C2xkH.png
@ calling some girl an "after-school"
Girl2:"Female4 was messing around with dude4 in a hot tub, if she was flaring up he might have it too."
Z0kqP.png

Girl1:"That makes sense but dude4 was making out with female3 I heard. I told female3 to go get tested but she said, "Nah I'm good, I'm not itching or burning so I'm not getting tested.'"
KRrHQ.png

Girl2:"But she works and she doesn't have insurance."
Girl1: "So she can just go to planned parenthood."
Girl2: "What exactly does planned parenthood do?"
Girl1: "Basically everything except delive the baby"
iawkz.png

Girl1: "That's where I got my abortion."
bv6ye.png

Girl2:" Really, how much did it cost?"
Girl1: "I went to my doctor and they said they don't perform them there so they referred me to planned parenthood. When I first starting feeling morning sickness I went to the 99 cent store to get pregnancy tests."
e5fXW.png

Girl1: "they all came back positive and I was like, "nooo my mama's gonna kill me!" but I went to planned parenthood and it was just a 15 dollar co-pay."
Girl2: "What's the latest they can give you one?"
Girl1: "6 months. If it's early you get a pill, the longer you wait the more it hurts."
Girl2: "6 MONTHS?!"
Girl1: "I meant weeks."
tLQ8B.png

*Girl1's phone rings*
Girl1: " Hey!......just in this LONG-ASS LINE AT CHOPTLE!"

End Scene.

I ordered my food, left and felt like
ftYIg.png
Im surprised you had an appetite after that

Top Bottom