• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

jWILL253

Banned
I don't know if I've ever posted in a BlackGAF thread before, but I figured I'd give it a shot since the Gaming side is still in mid-NPD orgasm.

Where you're from- Tacoma, WA. City of Destiny, baby.
Where you live- Same.
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- All I know is my mom's family is from Omaha, NE, and that I'm 1/16th Japanese. Which isn't enough to actually tell the ratchets that I'm full Japanese, so whatever.
Do you know your roots- That was a good show back in the day. :p
Your Age- 23
Favorite musical genre- Hip-Hop
Your profession/major/career interest- Musician
Your religious affiliation- If there was a religion that involved food & beautiful women, I would join it. Otherwise, none.
Hobbies- Gaming, Reading, Spending 10+ hours in a metal booth at school while I try to find the perfect beat & rhymes.

KumaJG

That creativity though

BlmymS6CcAAswj9.jpg

JohnDoe

Banned
I decided attempted to show Paul Mooney's Analyzing White America to my girlfriend last night. She couldn't take his humor or realness. Asked to put on something else... :/

No matter how many times I see it, it's still funny and brutally honest as hell. I love it.

Why didn't she like it? :p

akira28

I don't know if I've ever posted in a BlackGAF thread before, but I figured I'd give it a shot since the Gaming side is still in mid-NPD orgasm.

Where you're from- Tacoma, WA. City of Destiny, baby.
Where you live- Same.
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- All I know is my mom's family is from Omaha, NE, and that I'm 1/16th Japanese. Which isn't enough to actually tell the ratchets that I'm full Japanese, so whatever.
Do you know your roots- That was a good show back in the day. :p
Your Age- 23
Favorite musical genre- Hip-Hop
Your profession/major/career interest- Musician
Your religious affiliation- If there was a religion that involved food & beautiful women, I would join it. Otherwise, none.
Hobbies- Gaming, Reading, Spending 10+ hours in a metal booth at school while I try to find the perfect beat & rhymes.

I know you paid your taxes though.
But let's see. Popeyes, or KFC?
El Debarge or Howard Hewett?
Scrapple or pork brains?
Sugar grits or Butter and salt grits?
Moons over MyHammy or Smothered and Covered?

I decided attempted to show Paul Mooney's Analyzing White America to my girlfriend last night. She couldn't take his humor or realness. Asked to put on something else... :/

she white?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I know you paid your taxes though.
Scrapple or pork brains?

how about fuck no to either option?

jWILL253

Banned

Homie.

That's like asking me to choose between Tupac & Biggie.

Halle Berry & Kerry Washington

Beyoncé's ass & J. Lo's ass.

Why devote yourself to one when you can enjoy both? Nah, I'm bi-chicken, homie.

As long as it ain't Church's...

Debarge.

Scrapple or pork brains?

That just made me reevaluate my entire diet.

Pepper. Get sugar the fuck away from my grits.

Moons, by far...

royalan

Homie.

Asking someone to choose between Popeyes and KFC is like asking someone to choose between a PS4 and a Phantom.

tumblr_n47uidjsGO1qdfvslo2_500.gif

Basically the way I can compare Ping Pong anime is that the animation and the theme behind the main character Smile is really similar to how FLCL (animation) and Slam Dunk (story, pacing, dialogue) was done. The art direction (believe it or not it was done by one of the artists of Rayman Legends) is very top notch, especially when it hits the bizarre route. Dialogue between Smile, his friend Peco and a lot of other people are handled really well.

Silky, if you read this, thank you. This anime right here, yo. The characterization, visuals, direction, woah. This is what I need more of in my animes

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Silky, if you read this, thank you. This anime right here, yo. The characterization, visuals, direction, woah. This is what I need more of in my animes

Should check out masaaki yuasa's other works

All of them. They're all excellent

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Homie.

As long as it ain't Church's...

You'll do well here.

So many truth bombs in one article:

I have to say, I don't really care about Jen Selter. She is a blip. What I'm sick of is black beauty only being acceptable when white people start liking it–the mainstream only becoming comfortable with beauty in color when it's on a white body. We see this over and over with certain traits and aesthetics:

–Full lips: Remember when women started breaking down the doors of dermatology offices across America to get lip injections so they could emulate Angelina Jolie–ya know, the first beautiful woman on earth with thick lips?

–Nail art: Which used to be considered "hood" or "ghetto" and now we have Lauren Conrad giving nail art tutorials on her pastel, country club explosion of a lifestyle blog.

–Hair extensions: Newsflash: At this point, 97% of white women on the red carpet are wearing them too, boo.

–Cornrows: Which we now know to be a brand new trend created by Kylie/Karlie/whatever Jenner.

And these are just things that I'M aware as a black woman. I don't doubt that the list is much longer.

All this is is some Christoper Columbus shit: White people thinking that simply because they just discovered something, it must be new. Which in and of itself wouldn't be all the way terrible if they didn't insist on completely erasing women of color from depictions of beauty. So as long as they continue to try to lighten up history, I will continue to remind you of the truth. Don't you forget it.

http://jezebel.com/we-need-to-talk-about-butt-selfie-queen-jen-selter-1563509079

Slayven

All this is is some Christoper Columbus shit: White people thinking that simply because they just discovered something, it must be new. Which in and of itself wouldn't be all the way terrible if they didn't insist on completely erasing women of color from depictions of beauty. So as long as they continue to try to lighten up history, I will continue to remind you of the truth. Don't you forget it.

And the let the church say amen.

jWILL253

Banned
Heya Black gaf.

What ya been watching as of late?

Mad Men/GoT back.

Catching up on Falling Skies.

Slaving to Supernatural, even though it isn't good anymore.

Enjoying Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D becoming enjoyable instead of embarrassing.

Slowly working through the 2nd season of House of Cards, but it's nowhere near as good as the first season.

Still Watching Grimm, it's fun.

Watching Once Upon a Time and Revolution.. I don't know why. I'm ashamed.

DominoKid

Heya Black gaf.

What ya been watching as of late?

GoT
Mad Men
The Americans (behind like 2 weeks)
Hannibal (behind like 3 weeks)
Arrow
Nashville
Chicago Fire
Revolution
Friday Night Tykes (my favorite reality show right now)
The West Wing (in S5 on Netflix right now...)

JoJo Stardust Crusaders
Captain Earth
Magi (i thought this would suck but i like it)

Top Bottom