• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Kreed

Mudd butt incoming.

This is what I don't get about vegan and vegetarian. Why they always trying to make their food look and taste like meat?

Meat is hard to give up when you've been eating it most your life/everyone around you eats it. Think of it like cigarette smokers who use electronic cigarettes to kick their cigarette habit.

I will say vegans can be creative as hell with their food depending on where you go. I went out with some vegan friends once and had "chicken" cordon bleu. It didn't taste like chicken but it was good.

Infinite

Getting mad over album art though?

'Regular Women' In Lingerie Remind Us What Imperfect, Un-Photoshopped Bodies Look Like

Should we get mad at hollywood for not promoting more "curvy" females in their films? Where does it stop? As a reminder, these are the same people who criticized Gabby Douglas for not having better looking hair during the Olympics. You can't win.

This really goes back to that POC article that was posted earlier. If a black person by skin pigmentation doesn't act or look stereotypically black, we jump on them. If Lupita Nyong'o was taking that other black woman's spot, no one would bat an eye. And there lies the problem, unless person A passes our (black American society) test, they don't qualify.

You're missing the point almost completely. This is not about Pharrell's album cover it's about media portrayals and the effect it has on people especially the youth. It's about how systemic racism plays a part in what we see. Bottom line, Pharrell said some dumb shit which exemplifies how he too does not understand this and was called out for it.

Village

Shorten edit:

apparently women at my Uni can walk around topless on certain areas of camus for reasons.

Story back up per request

thanks

aiight Story time

So i am in class sitting down a bit late, but the teacher was late so no one cared. I'm on my laptop and I over hear these girls talking So it goes like this

" so did you hear about the rules on dress code "

" oh no what about them,"

" girls can go topless in certain areas on campus "

Me:
rXhka.png
* thinking to myself* wait, I see people naked in my drawing classes for years. This ain't even a thing anymore
xJ3sq.png

"I saw - very attractive girl who's name cannot be mentioned - with her top off in - lunch place in one of the buildings-. "

Me:
Hz5di.png

"Its for performance art, putting on a shirt or whatever might ruin whatever decorations you got going on. So I suppose that would be simpler. Plus its right up stairs from the theater in case you need a snack. "

" she should probobly give some warning about this, I mean if its for some art thing fine . But that might cause some health issues, and no body wants to see you with your top off. I don't think she wants to be bothered and ogled by whoever "

" but have nude models in our classes all the time, so i'm sure people would be alright with it "

" but they are usually confined to a classroom or something like that, you not going to have topless women walking around when you are touring the highschool kids trying to get them to enroll. Although that might get them to enroll "

" plus we gonna have problems when people who may not that attractive start walking around with their shirts off claiming its performance art. "
KRrHQ.png

Teacher walks in, we start talking about the orgins of suicide bombing and less contempary examples of political violence in the middle east.

It was a bit odd, anyone else have new interesting rules on dress wherever they attend/work at ,

them pea's a sweet potatoes look amazing

were the ribs tofu ?

Those were yams. Pretty good. And yes the ribs were tofu, they were alright, the sauce was good enough.

Mac n cheese looked good but barely had any flavor, but I had also heard that cheese is near impossible to make a vegan variant of.

You're missing the point almost completely. This is not about Pharrell's album cover it's about media portrayals and the effect it has on people especially the youth. It's about how systemic racism plays a part in what we see. Bottom line, Pharrell said some dumb shit which exemplifies how he too does not understand this and was called out for it.

Oh I wasn't speaking in context of the quote. I didn't even read into it so I can't speak on that without knowing why he said what he said. I'm speaking on the backlash of the album art. Pharell isn't the first black male rapper to be criticized over this and won't be the last. At this point, it's almost ritualistic or a coming-of-age to be a black man in the music industry, for better or for worse.

tl;dr - Yes I fully admit I missed the point, I wasn't speaking necessarily to the one made.

Those were yams. Pretty good. And yes the ribs were tofu, they were alright, the sauce was good enough.

Mac n cheese looked good but barely had any flavor, but I had also heard that cheese is near impossible to make a vegan variant of.

Damn, did pepper help? Or didn't try didn't care?

How do you put tofu ribs on the bone or are the tofu ribs boneless?

ReiGun

Cap 2 is easily Marvel's best movie. Falcon still a lame, but I admit he looked cool and Anthony Mackie was a good casting. Oh and Hail Hydra or whatever.

Trey

BlackGAF story time is the best.

Cap 2 is easily Marvel's best movie. Falcon still a lame, but I admit he looked cool and Anthony Mackie was a good casting. Oh and Hail Hydra or whatever.

Avengers still has the crown, but Cap 2 has far better fight scenes.

Gorillaz

I just realized, Silky is your avy that chick from Kill La Kill but dressed as Shadow? lol

I think I only made it to episode 17, the fuckery is getting too ridiculous.

J10

Banned
I can literally count the number of anime movies I've seen on one hand.

Street Fighter II: The Movie
Fist of the North Star
Akira
Ghost in the Shell

And I liked them all, but there's only so much shit I can find time to be a nerd about.

royalan

I can literally count the number of anime movies I've seen on one hand.

Street Fighter II: The Movie

Fist of the North Star
Akira
Ghost in the Shell

And I liked them all, but there's only so much shit I can find time to be a nerd about.

>>>>>>>>

Top Bottom