• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

DominoKid

#WhenBlackTwitterAttacks SXSW Panel Description

Much like the public protest of the Civil Rights Era, Black Twitter can be a rallying force that can shut down Juror B37’s proposed book deal in a matter of hours or initiate the career suicide of suspected racists (we see you, #PaulaDeen). But for all its potential for good, Black Twitter has a tendency for having no chill whatsoever. When footage of the #Sharkeisha assault or #MyGirlfriendNotAllowedTo becomes the butt of a “joke” it reflects the true dangers of Black Twitter, where violent behavior is not only condoned but promoted for the sake of being a trending topic. This panel will discuss the dark side of Black Twitter and the social responsibility of its members.

I hope somebody recorded this because I'd love to see what the hell they talked about.

royalan

Nicki Minaj has been rocking a more natural look lately, and she really ought to stick to it. She's so naturally pretty. *.*

ICFKZDM.jpg

72mNj2A.jpg

Here's to a new, clownless era.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
That is best Nicki. I wonder what inspired the change. Been fucking with her recent verses too.

Jesus @ that Aretha Franklin gif. That type of hate can only be built up over time.

Furyous

Nicki needs to bring back the pink hair. It looked great on strippers that co-opted her swag. I'm mad I missed Dominique Chinn rocking pink hair.

I got into my fourth advanced degree program in six months. I couldn't enroll in the Ph. D program due to maxing out financial aid. However, thanks to a loophole, I have enough aid for GWU's MPH program. Apparently, GWU has a 55 percent female population... It might be time to scheme on some undergrad even though Washington's average one bedroom rent is 400 percent higher than mine.

King Los is easily the nicest rapper in the past two years.

Am i the only person who enjoys indicud way more than a kid named cudi? In fact, outside of four songs thst mixtape does nada for me. Love MOTM1/2 though.

PlayDat

#WhenBlackTwitterAttacks SXSW Panel Description

I hope somebody recorded this because I'd love to see what the hell they talked about.

Sounds super interesting. I don't really follow black twitter all that closely outside of a couple women for a couple reasons. The first is that I'm not really into most of the shows, music, food, etc that tend to be common topics, but also black twitter is a lot of black dudes taking every opportunity to talk shit about black women. Blaming them for single motherhood and the usual slut shamey stuff. The tweets can be damned funny though. It's the same reason I can't quit browsing the coli awful as those dudes can be.

Top Bottom