• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Slayven

The opposite of that phenomenon is equally annoying though.
Internet needs a middleground

"Firefly was so good it cured my cancer, a pox on you no-taste having mothafuckas for not watching it. JOSS PLS ;_;"
Firefly was alright, not enough sci in the fi for me
I refuse to watch Firefly for just this reason.

People don't give shit time to shit to improve. It is ether life changing awesome or ass cancer.

harSon

Banned
I really liked Serenity. Firefly was decent as well. But then again, I'm a sucker for anything science fiction.

Kreed

Yeah I'm just surprised that people are somehow surprised at keeping friends around that you hooked up with once. Are you supposed to just fuck and cut people out of your life because you fucked? How does this work?

Excluding the people posting that probably have never been in a relationship in their life/have all sorts of social problems, the ones that have and are behaving like this aren't surprised, they just don't want women doing it. But it's ok if they do it themselves/stay friends with women they've been with previously. That picture posted earlier with the duck and the lock and key sums up the whole thread. If the girl made that thread about finding a list like that, you'd have most of those guys saying girl is overreacting if she wanted to leave/felt a certain way about it.

Excluding the people posting that probably have never been in a relationship in their life/have all sorts of social problems, the ones that have and are behaving like this aren't surprised, they just don't want women doing it. But it's ok if they do it themselves/stay friends with women they've been with previously. That picture posted earlier with the duck and the lock and key sums up the whole thread. If the girl made that thread about finding a list like that, you'd have most of those guys saying girl is overreacting if she wanted to leave/felt a certain way about it.

Not even just relationships. Everyone isn't dying to try seconds off one hook up especially if the sex wasn't that good.

harSon

Banned
Internet needs a middleground

Definitely. The internet is always plentiful with the all or nothing mentality. It's either a Game of the Year contender; or it's the worst game of the year, an insult to the hobby and the equivalent of gassing a chamber of newborn puppies.

You would think the way dudes were talking about firefly, that Gina Torres was fellating every dude that watched it or something

Its a OK series with some good episodes, but not at some untouchable level.

It's the prospect of what could have been. Firefly is a better show than a lot of shows that ended up getting multiple seasons. And you'll see a similar sentiment expressed about other shows that went 1 or 2 good seasons and were then cancelled (I see Journeyman brought up a lot in that regard).

Honestly though, the Firefly cast was top tier, the stories are well told, and with hundreds of worlds in that solar system... the saying of "the sky is the limit" is incredibly true for plot possibilities. So people are bummed it never had a chance.

Infinite

Basically dudes still on that quest to find the promiscuous virgin.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
This is why fuck The Last of Us.

Nah. Don't let those people ruin games for you.

Like PG/Bayonetta threads are pretty much all neckbeards posting gifs and equating playing/watching the game to masturbation. Not going to let that ruin my most anticipated single player game this year for me.

That said I haven't played The Last of Us either, but that's mostly because it doesn't really appeal to me as a game.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
It's the prospect of what could have been. Firefly is a better show than a lot of shows that ended up getting multiple seasons. And you'll see a similar sentiment expressed about other shows that went 1 or 2 good seasons and were then cancelled (I see Journeyman brought up a lot in that regard).

Honestly though, the Firefly cast was top tier, the stories are well told, and with hundreds of worlds in that solar system... the saying of "the sky is the limit" is incredibly true for plot possibilities. So people are bummed it never had a chance.

thats the thing. there are tons of shows that have potential to be great, but thats all it is. being put on high because of potential seems ridiculous

thats the thing. there are tons of shows that have potential to be great, but thats all it is. being put on high because of potential seems ridiculous

It's highly regarded because it's a great show. But it's lamented over and raised even higher than it likely should be, because of lost potential. It's a great sci fi show in an tv environment that really doesn't have very many good sci fi shows, let alone great ones.

BHZ Mayor

Nah. Don't let those people ruin games for you.

Like PG/Bayonetta threads are pretty much all neckbeards posting gifs and equating playing/watching the game to masturbation. Not going to let that ruin my most anticipated single player game this year for me.

That said I haven't played The Last of Us either, but that's mostly because it doesn't really appeal to me as a game.

Don't get me wrong. I played it, and liked it, but I can't help but facepalm when I read people saying they can't play games anymore because nothing else compares and calling for pitchforks on people who didn't vote it as GoTY. Like I honestly think some of the people who call them "Naughty Gods" literally consider them actual deities.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

Sex is still a jealous and possessive and inequal thing even in modern societies.

News at 11

don't you only like 2-3 games a year tho

Yeah. Though depending on GG Xrd though I might not even hit 3 this year

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
It's highly regarded because it's a great show. But it's lamented over and raised even higher than it likely should be, because of lost potential. It's a great sci fi show in an tv environment that really doesn't have very many good sci fi shows, let alone great ones.

theres highly regarded, and theres the infallible plateau that its been put on. ive discussed it with people that regard it as some sort of life changing event that everyone is required to watch. it isnt fair to lump all of the fans in this category. i know, but multiple people of the same likemind cant be coincedental. i loved reaper, i was pissed it only got two seasons, but i wont pretend it was some end all comedy supernatural opus, nor will i chastice(too much) people that dislike it. the moments insults are thrown in defense of a show is the moment the fanbase has started to go too far

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Don't get me wrong. I played it, and liked it, but I can't help but facepalm when I read people saying they can't play games anymore because nothing else compares and calling for pitchforks on people who didn't vote it as GoTY. Like I honestly think some of the people who call them "Naughty Gods" literally consider them actual deities.

Yes they are the worst and I hate them too.

Only thing you can do is pretend they don't exist. I pretty much only follow games through sub communities on gaf and topic titles. lol

I don't let myself read any threads on gaming side that aren't about cartoon dogs stealing money from teenagers

harSon

Banned

It's popular for a multitude of reasons. First of all, it's legitimately decent. Second of all, as Jest Chillin said, it was canceled after one season, and like all things that die early, they're artificially propped up as something significantly greater than would be the case had it operated under a normal circumstances. And finally, it came at a time following the golden age of science fiction, leading into a dormant state for the genre, so science fiction fans were definitely hungry for something.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I haven't played the Last of Us yet either. Not because it looks bad (it looks great) but I'm not a big fan of end of the world scenarios. Apocalyptic media isn't my thing. Isolated incidents are okay in my book but global catastrophes... nah.

But I do commend Naughty Dogs for a lot of the bridges they aren't afraid to cross.

Trey

Dudes really have no chill with TLoU on gaming side. It's cool though, I already know how I feel about it so I can ignore the hyperbole.

J10

Banned
7e5dc1fea88011e3be040e37929c2f0e_8.jpg

968b0c40a6ec11e3a15a0e0e08496a62_8.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lil Boosie having a press conference right now. This shit is like a No Limit video in real life.

na naaa na naaaa

I thought he got picked back up and put back in? Or is he still free?

Yo why is Boosie getting all this praise, did I miss something?!?

Nope. Just the #FreeBoosie movement coming full circle. I bet half the people saying it didn't/don't even know who the hell Boosie actually is or what he raps like. He did drop fire like this tho:

She get on back of dat motor bike and all you see is back on dat motor bike.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Cult of Internet celebrity? I thought it was all just for jokes.

That's the thing about irony and satire. Eventually someone will take it seriously.

Especially in the age of the internet.

Slayven

Nope. Just the #FreeBoosie movement coming full circle. I bet half the people saying it didn't/don't even know who the hell Boosie actually is or what he raps like. He did drop fire like this tho:

She get on back of dat motor bike and all you see is back on dat motor bike.

half? I say 79%

Seasons change and people's Q-zones are working full time.

Rio man, that Honker's mom post from a while ago may be the funniest thing I've seen in at least 2 decades

Then let's repost that shit for additional laughs. Nah but seriously, I see something I gotta go in.

I'm shocked I didn't get a tag from that.

Top Bottom