• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
ibbaRRaKnKXTRp.gif

http://i.minus.com/ibbaRRaKnKXTRp.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

What I love about this gif is imaging the camera guy following this lil' dude around and zooming in on his tears.

[quote="Professor Beef, post: 109003221"]What happened to Gary Coleman here?[/QUOTE]

Dudes be hating on his dance

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibvQbjF4wvNtjv.gif

Goddamn, nigga look old as fuck. Dude got two montages and putting his younger sister through school.

Slayven

What I love about this gif is imaging the camera guy following this lil' dude around and zooming in on his tears.

ibvQbjF4wvNtjv.gif

Goddamn, nigga look old as fuck. Dude got two montages and putting his younger sister through school.
See that part where he put his hand on his help? That back acting up

Dereck

See that part where he put his hand on his help? That back acting up

nah montages. he looks like he's experiences Sons Of Anarchy S6 levels of "this shit stressful breh" on a daily basis.

Dude's face damn....Looks like one of those old heads that has seen shit in Nam

"the shit I've seen over there is unnatural"

did someone tell him church was over

Bets on him revealing himself by the 3rd page

It's like an old gypsy woman brushed his face when he was a baby and said "older"

Yo, what did they tell that little boy about this dancing? He was so broken.

I got couple of old uncles that look this old and does this dance. They are usually halfway through a fifth of something when it starts.

I wonder if the audio from the source of this gif is blues music played from a 8-track player just off to the side.

mysmilie_873-gif-png.279
mysmilie_873-gif-png.279
mysmilie_873-gif-png.279
mysmilie_873-gif-png.279

jWILL253

Banned

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

ibvQbjF4wvNtjv.gif

and that was the last time slayven smiled

jWILL253

Banned
Is the T-word the new N-word?

Headline aside, i feel like the discussion here spreads far beyond the LGBT community. I do find it interesting that they are now at the crossroads the black community once was at regarding the use of the n-word.

While I understand the anger behind the whole "Female or Shemale" thing... I wish people would stop comparing every little thing to the plight of Blacks in America.

To me, it makes it disingenuous...

DY_nasty

While I understand the anger behind the whole "Female or Shemale" thing... I wish people would stop comparing every little thing to the plight of Blacks in America.

To me, it makes it disingenuous...

Its lazy as fuck.

I'm all for some come together shit but when people can't even construct their own argument without reaching to black people then I can't help but tune them out. There is an entire community - an entire fucking history - to learn and embrace and to draw from.

But no. They're the new niggers.

Fuck that. People need to actually understand their perspectives. Its something that immediately encourages confidence. I still maintain to this day that I'd rather have a conversation with a studied, proud, holocaust and slavery denying professor of the South than hear another shallow and circular argument from another college kid that has it all figured it out.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I hate how everything is the "new black struggle" when it comes to these comparisons. *sigh*.

I understand RuPaul's place in the community...but, what makes his voice the leading one, when he was never trans-anything? I might be wrong (please correct me if I am) about that. If we want to use the n-word comparison, then it seems like a hispanic telling everyone it's cool to scream monica to the heavens.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
I've said it before, but other than the usual route of getting defensive, it seems that when issues are brought up, a new tactic is to just lump them all together under the "social justice" umbrella and tune it out as noise. I know for a fact that the games industry for instance, suffers badly from this on a micro level.

I'll go even further and echo what you guys have already said. Gender arguments only look to black people within the racial ecosystem when it is beneficial to them. To which i say, keep the feigned solidarity.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
The funniest thing about people suggesting a slur is "the new N-word" is that it implies that there's some kind of hierarchy in place that nigger is sitting at the top of or something

and everyone trying to get their struggle up there for some reason. Like things can't get better until they get to that level

DY_nasty

I've said it before, but other than the usual route of getting defensive, it seems that when issues are brought up, a new tactic is to just lump them all together under the "social justice" umbrella and tune it out as noise. I know for a fact that the games industry for instance, suffers badly from this on a micro level.

I'll go even further and echo what you guys have already said. Gender arguments only look to black people within the racial ecosystem when it is beneficial to them. To which i say, keep the feigned solidarity.

Here's the thing. I think everyone has seen me catch shit on this site for time and time again deliberately pointing out "_______ is the new black" stuff whenever it comes up. I just really, really take offense to people repping causes that they are barely educated on. There are just far too many people that argue certain causes in a manner of mimicked talking points or through summarized 3 panel comics that expect to be taken seriously.

Numbers are irrelevant to any cause imo. I'm not gonna stand side by side with a person who says dumb shit just because they're 'down for the struggle' too.

Top Bottom