• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

royalan

From the r/nba

849583446.gif

Lawd, I was glad when black jeans went out of style for exactly this reason.

royalan

The thing that got me with #TeamWaves in high school was dudes wearing doorags 24/7 to "develop and maintain" the waves. Like, when are you actually showing off the waves? Every time I see you you're in a doorag! And that permanent line across the forehead from wearing the doorag too tight...kiiii

Oh well, I was team #teamcornrows in high school.

DominoKid

The thing that got me with #TeamWaves in high school was dudes wearing doorags 24/7 to "develop and maintain" the waves. Like, when are you actually showing off the waves? Every time I see you you're in a doorag! And that permanent line across the forehead from wearing the doorag too tight...kiiii

Oh well, I was team #teamcornrows in high school.

this is why i gave up on that shit quick. i'd sleep in the durag and the line wouldn't be totally out of my head until 2nd period at 10am.

Gorillaz

The biggest thing that still gets me is how HxH isn't dubbed yet, despite it being rebooted alllllllllllllllll the way back in 2011 but Attack on Titan was announced for dubbing like 3-4 months after season 1 aired

Edit: and the dub for that is airing in like 2 weeks

Slayven

The biggest thing that still gets me is how HxH isn't dubbed yet, despite it being rebooted alllllllllllllllll the way back in 2011 but Attack on Titan was announced for dubbing like 3-4 months after season 1 aired

the market for anime in the USA was dead long before that., If your shit ain't pushing toys, you best bet for dubbing is having a short season with a defined ending.

During lunch, during class, before school, on the bus, during PE, during prom, during graduation...

The struggle was so real back in the day. Had niggas using an entire can of pomade with a wet towel over their heads to get those barbershop catalog pic 360 waves.

Once I got older I just started using S-Curl texturizer on my small fro and called it a day. Getting waves requires too much work. The foundation for your lifestyle starts with that brush and then you can worry about eating, school/work, hobbies etc.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Naka you might already be gone but if you see this: You're gonna do fine man, don't sweat it too much, stay true to yourself.

ReiGun

Everytime I read something about HxH it is always going into hiatus or coming back. Is the artist on that white girl?
Dude is old and addicted to Idolmaster. He ain't worried about no shonen.

I think someone bought the rights but nothing ever came of it.

andthebeatgoeson

I hated black jeans cuz they faded after one wash. Made no sense. Blue jeans could last 5 years. But whatever black color they choose gave up real quick.

Kreed

this is why i gave up on that shit quick. i'd sleep in the durag and the line wouldn't be totally out of my head until 2nd period at 10am.

You should never tie durags that tight/you should keep them a little loose. Besides the reason you just gave and the fact that it just isn't necessary, it can also mess up the back of your head/the hair on the back of your head after long periods of use.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
First the 'she owes you an explanation' thread then the 'being used' thread. Now the 'what's so bad about beating up kids?' thread.

I don't know how much more OT I can take this week. It's become a competition of who can make worse threads.

BHZ Mayor

First the 'she owes you an explanation' thread then the 'being used' thread. Now the 'what's so bad about beating up kids?' thread.

I don't know how much more OT I can take this week. It's become a competition of who can make worse threads.

Ugh. I saw that one. Bunch of sociopaths on this forum.

FreeMufasa

Hell breaks lose when Devo is gone

Top Bottom