• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

ReiGun

Was listening to the radio this morning, and every Wednesday they do this bit called Crush On You where they try and play love guru, and this morning was brutal.

http://www.kmel.com/media/podcast-sana-g-podcast-sanag/crush-on-you-42314-24667902/

ibpjIfGNL8PDWh.gif

Dude went in.

besada

Banned
Frankly, I think the Red Pill thread, which caused them to look back at us, is to blame. I have zero evidence, other than I've been swatting angry white junior sexists like flies since then.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=109270383&postcount=575

I mean, you would think people would hesitate to be so famn myopic and predictable in 2014.

Like, do people REALLY post shit like that, and expect others to nod and be like "What a completely rational viewpoint. I can totally understand why you would feel that way. Not offensive at all."

Man honestly

I prefer women with long hair too. To me, only a few women can actually pull of having short hair.

Now old girl isnt ugly to me but I wouldn't do a double take or anything

It's just my preference....if that's not good enough, fuck it

BHZ Mayor

Man honestly

I prefer women with long hair too. To me, only a few women can actually pull of having short hair.

That's cool, and I'm sure most people can respect that, because you didn't post that in a completely dumbass way, like a lot of posts in that thread did.

royalan

Man honestly

No, it's fine to have a preference. I think you're missing out by shunning the short-haired sistas, but to each his own.

But you wouldn't run up in a thread all like, "I think ol' girl's hair is too short and she looks like a straight-up dude. If you covered her face I would think that was Michael Clark Duncan!"

Slayven

Man honestly

It's like folks never lever learned to state an opinion tactfully

"Short hair on women don't do it for me

PEACE".

That simple

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Did you listen to the interview?

Nope. Didn't even go into the thread

Was on my phone browsing topic titles and just decided to pay attention in class after seeing all that shit.

Glad to see one of them wasn't what I thought

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Man honestly

I think where people go wrong is they confuse "I am not attracted to this person" with them being ugly

I mean you can not be attracted to someone and still recognize the beauty in them.

but nah some dudes want to fight about how she shouldn't have won because hair too short skin too dark where's beyonce and rhianna

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Pickup Artist bullshit.

How does a wacky romances in comics thread sound? It would have bestially, cannibalism, incest, and stalking. And 3 of those topics happen to one character.

what happened in the pick up threads?

and bring up dick and tarantula

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Who does BCT collectively hate?

So that we're all on the same page

No, it's fine to have a preference. I think you're missing out by shunning the short-haired sistas, but to each his own.

But you wouldn't run up in a thread all like, "I think ol' girl's hair is too short and she looks like a straight-up dude. If you covered her face I would think that was Michael Clark Duncan!"

Yeah I can agree thats where shit really starts to go bad

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Tom is pretty much the Quagmire of Boondocks

He wasn't bad in the first season but some how turns into the shows go to punchline for easy laughs (Tom is a bitch/Quagmire is a rapist)

Slayven

It seemed like a left over script was too good to throw away but not good enough to do before. Maybe it would have resonated more if Chirs Brown was still in the news.

royalan

Tom and Sarah's relationship doesn't need further development, especially when it's just "Tom's a punk" time and time again.

Agreed. I also think they play him too hard on the show.

I get that Tom is supposed to represent "The Black Man with a Respectability Complex" but I feel like there's more room for subtler humor with his character than the over-the-top corniness they usually go for.

Top Bottom