• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Kreed

Smelling bad is not acceptable. Spraying a can full of Axe over yourself to mask the stench of your body is not acceptable. Take a damn shower and use soap. Use deodorant.

I'll never understand why basic hygiene is so hard for some people.

Anyone ever run into or had to sit on a plane with someone from a culture/community where it's ok not to wear deodorant? I usually just keep it moving/get away when I get the opportunity but I realize I'm part of the problem not saying anything.

Trey

Cliven Bundy, right wing folk hero and our last, great hope against the tyrannical government: a racist? youdontsay.jpg

“I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro,” he said. Mr. Bundy recalled driving past a public-housing project in North Las Vegas, “and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids — and there is always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch — they didn’t have nothing to do. They didn’t have nothing for their kids to do. They didn’t have nothing for their young girls to do.

“And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?” he asked. “They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/24/u...-law-becoming-a-hero-in-the-west.html?hp&_r=0

BCT 2014 |OT| I want to tell you one more thing about the Negro

FreeMufasa

Anyone ever run into or had to sit on a plane with someone from a culture/community where it's ok not to wear deodorant? I usually just keep it moving/get away when I get the opportunity but I realize I'm part of the problem not saying anything.

I had that with some Indian ppl before

damn, found another gif of the young old uncle kid in another thread.

Nigerian-Gary-Coleman-Struggle-Two-Step-Sigh-v2.gif

It's been a while since I've disappointment like that.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Seen the Trinidad mom beating thread?

6 minutes is excessive and there was no need to film it or upload it, but I and everyone I know grew up getting the belt/switch/extension cord when we fucked up bad. Shit, we joked about it, as does damn near every black comedian.

Y'all know where I stand on corporal punishment but these people are so dumb filming this shit.
Honestly when its my time to have kids I'm going to do my damnedest to make sure they don't have access to anything with a lens on it.

JohnDoe

Banned
When your 12 year old daughter is putting nudes on her facebook, beating her ass has to be one of the worst ways to "set her straight".

Y'all know where I stand on corporal punishment but these people are so dumb filming this shit.
Honestly when its my time to have kids I'm going to do my damnedest to make sure they don't have access to anything with a lens on it.

It was the worst beating of my life, but for my old man it was Tuesday.

I've personally never had to "beat" my kids. A spanking here and there between the ages of 2-6 for corrective stuff. don't touch the stove, don't throw your toys out the window while riding in the car, etc,....I personally get better results by taking away iphones, ipads, 3DS's etc,. A spanking last but a moment. A blocked/suspended iphone is ether

BHZ Mayor

When your 12 year old daughter is putting nudes on her facebook, beating her ass has to be one of the worst ways to "set her straight".

I kinda agree, but mainly because I'm wondering how she was being raised in the first place to think uploading nudes at 12 is okay. It's probably too late for ass-whoopings at that point.

"I was sneaking out with boys every night, but then my dad beat my ass and I left the boys alone and focused on my studies"--said no young woman ever.

i just went Anime Cow Tipping this morning. I walked down the manga aisle in my local Barnes and Noble and told them to get the fuck out of my way.

Trey

"I was sneaking out with boys every night, but then my dad beat my ass and I left the boys alone and focused on my studies"--said no young woman ever.

You'd be surprised. Beatings aren't an efficient (or humane) method though, no matter the few it may have bent back straight.

Because I'm tired of the fact that my daughter can't ever just go get some manga because there are grown ass men laying in the aisle reading. So now I go with her and clear the aisles.

Because I'm tired of the fact that my daughter can't ever just go get some manga because there are grown ass men laying in the aisle reading. So now I go with her and clear the aisles.

Laying? Oh, boy. Was there a funk?

B&N was never one to provide many places to sit if any. That's why I miss Borders Books. I read the most of the Ultimate X-men and The Ultimates series in those stores.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe I'm a dick, but you shouldn't read in a bookstore, do that shit at home. Some folks may disagree though - feel free to educate me if that's not the case.

Laying? Oh, boy. Was there a funk?

B&N was never one to provide many places to sit if any. That's why I miss Borders Books. I read the most of the Ultimate X-men and The Ultimates series in those stores.

Wasn't too much funk but they do actually lay in the aisle. I don't care about the people sitting there they will just usually move but that laying there irks me. My 14 year old is kind of shy, she'd rather not even go in the aisle than ask people to move. I'm trying to find the balance between getting her to be a bit more assertive and not being obnoxious though.

Gorillaz

Maybe I'm a dick, but you shouldn't read in a bookstore, do that shit at home. Some folks may disagree though - feel free to educate me if that's not the case.

I mean there are places and tables to sit and read but yea for the most part just get the book or skim through it quick and leave. No point reading it right there when you can go home and appreciate it. Unless there are things going on in your own home I guess.

Slayven

I can't believe there are so many people on gaf that just don't know how to be decent people.

Funny thing is that is kind of the default state, you really have to go out your way to be scum.

On a side note, watching Pacific Rim, I think the problem with it was that it was too high concept for it's own good.

Wasn't too much funk but they do actually lay in the aisle. I don't care about the people sitting there they will just usually move but that laying there irks me. My 14 year old is kind of shy, she'd rather not even go in the aisle than ask people to move. I'm trying to find the balance between getting her to be a bit more assertive and not being obnoxious though.

Shit, I'm 30 and I still do that. It depends on how many bodies I have go through to get to my goal.

Had a professor like that in college....class was late in the day too so he was pretty much HUMMING by that time.

Nice guy but godamn

I don't go to Barnes and Noble often but when I do, I see this every time.

Now these people have the decency to move if you need to see something but its like, bro....there are tables right over there.

Top Bottom