• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=807436

Will get infinitely better discussion here. How do you all really feel about Uplay (if you have used it)

Go!

I guess I haven't played a game that uses it in what feels like ages, but when I used it Uplay just came across as unnecessary nonsense between me hitting "Play game" and me actually playing the game. Like, I already have Steam; why do I have to have this other thing start up inbetween. But that was a long time ago.

I did like the idea of unlocking stuff inside one game with points from another game, but that's about it. Also no one cares about wallpapers. Come on, everybody using Uplay has the internet by definition, let's be real.

But again, it's been ages. Maybe I'll install Blood Dragon or something and see what my experience is like.

RedSwirl

Will get infinitely better discussion here. How do you all really feel about Uplay (if you have used it)

Go!

Look. All I'm saying is, I installed a game once through the UPlay client, and it was awful. I got the game for free and I seriously considered just buying it again on Steam. I know you have to still have the client come up when you boot through Steam, but you still get to install and patch the game through Steam, which is much smoother.

Silky

Banned
I guess I haven't played a game that uses it in what feels like ages, but when I used it Uplay just came across as unnecessary nonsense between me hitting "Play game" and me actually playing the game. Like, I already have Steam; why do I have to have this other thing start up inbetween. But that was a long time ago.

I did like the idea of unlocking stuff inside one game with points from another game, but that's about it. Also no one cares about wallpapers. Come on, everybody using Uplay has the internet by definition, let's be real.

But again, it's been ages. Maybe I'll install Blood Dragon or something and see what my experience is like.

I think you get the Blood Dragon soundtrack for free with Uplay

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Look. All I'm saying is, I installed a game once through the UPlay client, and it was awful. I got the game for free and I seriously considered just buying it again on Steam. I know you have to still have the client come up when you boot through Steam, but you still get to install and patch the game through Steam, which is much smoother.

Cool beans, i appreciate this. Seems like the negative experiences with Uplay mostly come from PC users.

Go!

I don't like it personally. It just means one more account that I have to have login info for and I don't see the benefit of it on my end. I don't really see the unlocks as a benefit of a service like Uplay or Origin because it seems like all of that can be done within the game itself. And if more companies adopt similar clients then I get stuck with multiple logins for multiple games on top of the logins for the platform. It also adds yet another check that can fail when Uplay or Origin servers have issues.

I'm sure it's helpful to the publisher in a myriad of ways but for me it comes across like bloatware.

Gorillaz

Why do I have a sinking feeling that sometime soon, during Prom Season, we're gonna see a thread made by someone who is standing by a wall at a dance?

M4ybq.jpg

Why do I have a sinking feeling that sometime soon, during Prom Season, we're gonna see a thread made by someone who is standing by a wall at a dance?

"I don't have the courage to ask a girl to dance...I didn't have the sense to actually stay home if thats what I really wanted to do....gaf plz help D:"

andthebeatgoeson

I got whooped once and only once and said never again but i'm clearly an outlier
Naw,I got one slap in the face, one strike with the belt and I'm blanking on other things. Turned out alright. But my brother... Needed life to whip his ass and he's still a fuck up.

I saw this on my dash recently.

UU75rh4.png

Said by a black woman.

agree or nah?
Nah. Racist. But I don't care. And I'll give no fucks to anyone like that are 'looking'.

J10

Banned
I saw this on my dash recently.

UU75rh4.png

Said by a black woman.

agree or nah?

She probably gets hit with the "I've never been with a black girl before" all the time and feels like she's being conquested, she's less a person and more a moment of worldly exploration for some boring cracker who's suddenly overcome by a lust for the negro.

I'm guessing.

Go!

Just now getting to this. Saw it work and wasn't able to post like I wanted to. I've dealt with Uplay on both console and PC. Namely PC and the *cough* WiiU.

On, PC as many others have stated it feels like it's in the way. It's an additional overlay and adds nothing to my gameplay experience. It's not really a positive or negative. It's just there. On the Wii U namely SC: Blacklist and Zombie U. It was more behind the scenes and that is a good thing.

If it comes out, I plan on getting WatchDogs on WiiU with that I could provide more anecdotal evidence. If changes are being made to uplay. All in all on WiiU uplay feels like logging into steam on the ps3 to play portal 2; 1 step 2 step done. On PC it's like trying to get in the club but the bouncer is cousins with that dude you don't like so he does everything to delay you actually getting in the club....

She probably gets hit with the "I've never been with a black girl before" all the time and feels like she's being conquested, she's less a person and more a moment of worldly exploration for some boring cracker who's suddenly overcome by a lust for the negro.

I'm guessing.

I get that non-black men can have weird fetishes for black woman but her tumblr is also filled with a bunch of black love and is the only true love nonsense. She's part of the problem imo.

JohnDoe

Banned
I get that non-black men can have weird fetishes for black woman but her tumblr is also filled with a bunch of black love and is the only true love nonsense. She's part of the problem imo.

She's not part of the problem, isolationist attitudes in oppressed groups have always been a defensive mechanism, not for black people only. If you want them to go away, get rid of the racist shits first.

It's not like this is shrinking the dating pool for straight white guys significantly...

I envision interactions going like this...

"Can I touch your hair? Is it woven?"

"You don't sound black!"

"Drake is tight, right?"

"Is it true what they say about black guys...you know?"

Slayven

I always love those stories where white guys call black women "Negress". This one woman on a podcast had me rolling when a white dude told her to come back to his place to smoke some "Sticky Icky."

She's not part of the problem, isolationist attitudes in oppressed groups have always been a defensive mechanism, not for black people only. If you want them to go away, get rid of the racist shits first.

It's not like this is shrinking the dating pool for straight white guys significantly...

Defense mechanism or not its still ignorant, its just from a more understandable pov.

And with how black woman outnumber black man, I'm more worried about her shrinking dating pool.

BHZ Mayor

Hibbert had two rebounds, monica

TWO

as in, less than 3 total rebounds for the entire game

also

giphy.gif

Man hell naw. He straight up got comfortable on that man. My dude was about clasp his hands before he got up. And dude on the ground didn't do SHIT. You can tell he ain't originally from Memphis.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I want to like Asian girls but their ass be non-existence. Gawd what did I watch...

You looking for the wrong asian girls

People forget that Japan has one of the biggest Reggae sets in the world. If you get off the internet bumrush for K-Pop, you'll find a lot more than modelesque women with unnatually long backs on the regular.

Top Bottom