• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

DominoKid

It's that real in these soccer streets?

lnKqG.jpg

Yep. FIFA has pushed PES shit in since the last generation jump. Even people that don't like soccer love FIFA.

J10

Banned
I never have any problems with razor bumps. Do it immediately after a hot shower. Use fresh blades as often as possible. I prefer soap instead of shaving cream. Aftershave/alcohol is a must if you have to shave every day/every other day for the sake of letting your skin heal faster. I dunno any voodoo beyond that.

Switching to electric before its too late

Yeahhhh. The cut is not as close as I would like it at all, but I'd rather have that than look like Lawrence Fisburne's daughter's ass cheeks.

My barber has an electric one that cuts real close, I'm tempted to just straight up ask him where I can find one like that.

FreeMufasa

the 360, PS3, et al. don't hold a candle to how loud the Dreamcast was

I swear it was like standing next to a wood chipper. shit was loud

Dreamcast was like an old man coffing.

But my launch 360 sounded like a jet engine. The slim and installing games helped that out

Kreed

Has anyone found the holy grail that will either prevent hair bumps or get rid of them quickly ?

my routine:
-use alcohol to clean my face and razor
- use a hot rag to open my pores
- use shaving cream and shave with the grain
- ??????
- hair bumps

I have to choose between looking like a bum or dealing with hair bumps that feel like bee stings after the shave.
I'm willing to try any product or solution.

Wet Shaving

I've been using a Double Edge Merkur safety razor and haven't had an issue with razor bumps since. As a bonus the blades are cheap as hell/you'll save a lot of money on shaving products.

In the mean time, I'd also recommend either Bump Patrol, Tend Skin, or Bump Zapper after shaving to help get the bumps down.

The Dreamcast sounded bad but I got over it.

The 360 made game installation mandatory. Sound aside, it sounded like the thing was scraping the discs inside.

Infinite

Has anyone found the holy grail that will either prevent hair bumps or get rid of them quickly ?

my routine:
-use alcohol to clean my face and razor
- use a hot rag to open my pores
- use shaving cream and shave with the grain
- ??????
- hair bumps

I have to choose between looking like a bum or dealing with hair bumps that feel like bee stings after the shave.
I'm willing to try any product or solution.

Also is there anyway to make hair grow in certain areas of the face? I want a goatee but I cant seem to grow hair on the sides of my lips. thanks.
Use an electric razor. The shave isnt as close but that's apart of the reason why you get hair bumps.

Also the grind don't stop. You're suppose to be washing your face every day and night not just after getting a shave.

My routine is I wash my face with sometime like cetaphil for like 5 days out of the week and the other two days I use a facial scrub. After I'm done washing my face a use a toner like seabreaze to get that deep clean. When that's done I apply a moisturizer to my face and that's a wrap. Two times a week I exfoliate with a mask. Since I adopted this process I don't get razor bumps like how I used too.

harSon

Banned
Use an electric razor. The shave isnt as close but that's apart of the reason why you get hair bumps.

Also the grind don't stop. You're suppose to be washing your face every day and night not just after getting a shave.

My routine is I wash my face with sometime like cetaphil for like 5 days out of the week and the other two days I use a facial scrub. After I'm done washing my face a use a toner like seabreaze to get that deep clean. When that's done I apply a moisturizer to my face and that's a wrap. Two times a week I exfoliate with a mask. Since I adopted this process I don't get razor bumps like how I used too.

Aight Patrick Bateman

I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

fixed

Infinite

You don't have to go as hard as I do but you should be using something like seabreaze on your face especially after a shave to clean your pores.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The sound of the Dreamcast can be forgiven since it was the GREATEST game console of all time.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
the 360, PS3, et al. don't hold a candle to how loud the Dreamcast was

I swear it was like standing next to a wood chipper. shit was loud

the dead vmu sound is a problem too. fuck trying not to wake people up in the morning

A lot has been covered already. But my personal routine consist of warm water, getting my face nice and wet, clean razors. Apply shaving cream on my moistened face and letting it sit a moment. Its supposed to raise the hairs so you gotta give it time to do its job. Then I go with the grain shaving while rinsing blade with hot water. After all that then I clean my skin with an astringent. And I apply my aftershave with sensitive skin. Ya boy don't get bumps and been doing it that way since 01.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
What do you guys use to clear up your skin? Like... cocoa butter is nice, but scar removal stuff I see in stores doesn't seem to work for us as well. Any suggestions?

I've been luck enough not to get razor bumps just from shaving the regular way, which always surprised me because my hair is never sure if it wants to be black or Puerto Rican at any given moment. Usually alcohol or aftershave is enough.

Spinluck

What do you guys use to clear up your skin? Like... cocoa butter is nice, but scar removal stuff I see in stores doesn't seem to work for us as well. Any suggestions?

Some of the stuff I've tried hasn't really worked. Then again my issue is more of a complexion thing (face darker than body).

You talking razor bumps? If so, old school combo of astringent and some type of sensitive skin moisturizer.

I've been using that Dollar General brand shit to clean my face than afterwards your choice of any sensitive skin type lotion. Then don't touch your face. Let that shit sit.

Slayven

How do you live that life? I mean you smell yourself way before others do, does your sense of smell just filter out your own funk?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
You talking razor bumps? If so, old school combo of astringent and some type of sensitive skin moisturizer.

I've been using that Dollar General brand shit to clean my face than afterwards your choice of any sensitive skin type lotion. Then don't touch your face. Let that shit sit.

I'm pretty solid on handling my razor bumps now. The last outbreak I had was due to my clippers not being sharp enough. I'm talking about the rest of my body. I have a ton of scars, burns, discolorations from all sorts of stuff and even though I've cleared lot of them up over the years, I can't help but think I'm just throwing stuff at a wall to see what sticks.

How do you live that life? I mean you smell yourself way before others do, does your sense of smell just filter out your own funk?

Man I'm from south carolina. brothers start sweating at 9:30am. I take 2 showers a day. If I cut grass or do other yard work I'll take 3 a day.

Slayven

Man I'm from south carolina. brothers start sweating at 9:30am. I take 2 showers a day. If I cut grass or do other yard work I'll take 3 a day.

I know it man, Ga and SC share the same slave heat. Walk outside and fell like you are wrapped in all your clothes in the closet.

Top Bottom