• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

I had Church's for the first time in years the other day.

Overall, I still prefer Popeye's but Church's definitely smokes KFC (really, nobody should be eating that stuff).

Church's spicy recipe IS hotter than Popeye's tho, which I appreciate. And they make a good biscuit.
No lies detected

Silky

Banned
I had Church's for the first time in years the other day.

Overall, I still prefer Popeye's but Church's definitely smokes KFC (really, nobody should be eating that stuff).

Church's spicy recipe IS hotter than Popeye's tho, which I appreciate. And they make a good biscuit.

Yyyyep.

Popeyes > Bojangles > Church's > KFC.

McDonalds' Mighty Wings were pretty amazing too

Only thing good about Church's are the biscuits. Had to go to the hospital early Easter Sunday for an emergency with my wife's dad, and decided to get some Church's since it was right there and had no idea how long we'd be there. Chicken is much more gross than I remember but goddamn the biscuits are godlike. Overall I'll go back for the bread, maybe.

I've told this story on GAF a couple times before, but never with Coli faces.

A few years ago, I was chilling in bed watching Conan and playing Pokemon LeafGreen (aka the best version
LuEuQ.png
), and someone came into my room wearing a ski mask and holding a gun. I looked up at him, figured it was a friend of my cousin's, then went back to the game.

He said in a deep voice "where's the safe?
BNBtV.png
" I figured it was a prank, so I looked at him like
etcgN.png
and ignored him. He then walked up to me, pointed the gun in my face and asked again. This time, I looked at the gun in my face, and I noticed the barrel of the gun was a bright neon orange.
tLQ8B.png

I laughed, then went back to my game. He tried to push the gun closer (not actually hitting me or anything), and I went "
kA62T.png
c'mon man, that ain't funny" and I pushed the gun to the side. I could actually tell the dude was shook because his eyes were wide open at this point. Straight
kWf9T.png
status. So he looks around my room to see if there was anything worth taking, backs out, then heads back downstairs.

About 10 minutes later, my cousin scrambles up to my room and starts asking if I'm alright.

Cousin: "YO, IS EVERYTHING OK? ARE YOU ALRIGHT?"
Me: "Yeah, I'm good. Why, what's going on?"
Cousin: "
8j4rH.png
WE JUST GOT ROBBED!!"
Me: "
bv6ye.png
...nuh-uh"

He grabs my arm and drags me downstairs, and sure enough there's cops taking statements from everyone.
2an4d.png
There were two guys who came into the house. One went upstairs to my room, and the other dude was downstairs. He tied up my uncle with the A/V cables from his Xbox (Uncle was
Nnrno.png
because he saw that the gun was fake, but only after he got tied up). Then he went into my cousin's room and took his DVDs, video games (even the copy of Viewtiful Joe that we were borrowing from a friend
fFo9b.png
), and even the gotdamned change from his change jar.
yDj6y.png

In the end nobody was hurt, which is what we were all thankful for. We all got over it and in general made sure to take precautions against that sort of shit. I told the story to some of my friends, and of course the story got out of control. Made it seem like I wrenched the gun out of the dude's hand, cracked him with it, then shoved him down the stairs. Even at work recently, when I told my coworker about it, it got out of control in record time. The store manager walked up to me in the break room later that day and was like "...so I heard something about you beating up a robber at your home. Is that real?" I'm just like
RGt54.png

Only thing good about Church's are the biscuits. Had to go to the hospital early Easter Sunday for an emergency with my wife's dad, and decided to get some Church's since it was right there and had no idea how long we'd be there. Chicken is much more gross than I remember but goddamn the biscuits are godlike. Overall I'll go back for the bread, maybe.

Combo breaker = church's biscuits with a 3 piece from Bojangles

A few years ago, I was chilling in bed watching Conan and playing Pokemon LeafGreen (aka the best version
LuEuQ.png
), and someone came into my room wearing a ski mask and holding a gun. I looked up at him, figured it was a friend of my cousin's, then went back to the game.

He said in a deep voice "where's the safe?
BNBtV.png
" I figured it was a prank, so I looked at him like
etcgN.png
and ignored him. He then walked up to me, pointed the gun in my face and asked again. This time, I looked at the gun in my face, and I noticed the barrel of the gun was a bright neon orange.
tLQ8B.png

I laughed, then went back to my game. He tried to push the gun closer (not actually hitting me or anything), and I went "
kA62T.png
c'mon man, that ain't funny" and I pushed the gun to the side. I could actually tell the dude was shook because his eyes were wide open at this point. Straight
kWf9T.png
status. So he looks around my room to see if there was anything worth taking, backs out, then heads back downstairs.

Nigga.....

Trey

Remove the part where ya'll got took anyways and your uncle was hogtied with xbox cables, take the story to a new bar every weekend, profit.

Taking a fucking change jar. Low down sack of shit.

Churches biscuits are that jam. And jalapeño poppers are solid as well. But that Popeye's is still king.

And welcome new fam. Were gonna need a bigger bucket soon enough.

royalan

Finally got around to watching the Cliven Bundy racist recording.

The most shocking thing about it to me wasn't the racism, that the dude was racist should have been obvious from the jump.

No, what was shocking to me was the realization that there are still people alive who refer to us collectively as "The Negro."

I just said it out loud, The Negro. Just to get the feel of it on my tongue. Feels so foreign...like a tribe name straight out of a JRPG.

Enzom21

What the hell did I just watch...
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhW8QKi9RcF65R9HUL

The most shocking thing about it to me wasn't the racism, that the dude was racist should have been obvious from the jump.

No, what was shocking to me was the realization that there are still people alive who refer to us collectively as "The Negro."

I just said it out loud, The Negro. Just to get the feel of it on my tongue. Feels so foreign...like a tribe name straight out of a JRPG.

Have you watched Rachel Maddow's great report on him and the history behind this land nonsense?
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-...t-context-missed-in-rancher-hype-236481603620

Gotta quote Chappelle on this one but the first time I heard about the ranching controversy, my first thought was, "he looks like he says nigga alot with a name like that"

royalan

he found that one black guy.

Jesus are all racists that predictable?

Is there a fate worse than becoming That One Black Guy?

I mean, I've occasionally found myself on the "I don't really think that was racist" side of a social debate. But there's really no defending something THIS racist without looking like...well, like you're doing Uncle Ruckus cosplay.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Is there a fate worse than becoming That One Black Guy?

I mean, I've occasionally found myself on the "I don't really think that was racist" side of a social debate. But there's really no defending something THIS racist without looking like...well, like you're doing Uncle Ruckus cosplay.

id almost expect him to be on the next coon train run

Top Bottom