• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
My boy playing that Jojo's. I remember playing the other one made by Capcom(Petshop broke ass) and always been curious about the series. Is it worth hunting it down family?

Havent seen the anime, but the manga is legit. Only one series isnt completed which pisses mr off

DominoKid

KDair.gif

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Copped JoJo as well. I like capcom's version better (probably b/c I'm old), but it's cool so far.

Also, based god based again

I don't know if this was posted, but Kareem took everyone to the shed in his piece about the Sterling thing.

http://time.com/79590/donald-sterling-kareem-abdul-jabbar-racism/

edit: My favorite line from the article:

i was with him until "Shouldn’t we be equally angered by the fact that his private, intimate conversation was taped and then leaked to the media?" because a private conversation is only as private as the combined privacy of all involved parties.

I barely keep up with the NBA these days but goddamn this Deandre Jordan cat has the best facial reactions apparently. I hope the one tonight after that Blake Griffin shot gets gifed

No doubt, Sterling getting dragged through the mud is delicious. And I do disagree with Whitlock that this is a completely isolated victory against Donald and not at least a stab at the racist bubble that molded him and his worldview.

Making an example out of him at the very least has his peers sweating about how they conduct themselves.

Sterling being a billionaire, he for sure has millionaires under him legit shook. If one taped conversation can turn the public against him they don't stand a chance if they were adapting or came into that world with a similar attitude.

indeed.

the 997th richest person on the planet may not have lost money, but his reputation has been exposed to the world.

KumaJG

Based on twitter:

Sidechicks made Jordan lose Juanita, Tiger lose his stroke, Sterling lose an organization. Almost ruined Clinton but as well

I really don't get why those dudes don't just pursue open relationships. I'm still waiting for the day some politician/athlete/whoever does a press conference and says "I've had affairs with other women...and my wife knows. Sometimes my wife meets other men too. We're some pretty horny people. Yet, we still love each other and are honest with each other about having our fun on the side, so it works. Sorry, no scandal here."

I guess that's too boring though. Not as much of a "thrill" that way.

I really don't get why those dudes don't just pursue open relationships. I'm still waiting for the day some politician/athlete/whoever does a press conference and says "I've had affairs with other women...and my wife knows. Sometimes my wife meets other men too. We're some pretty horny people. Yet, we still love each other and are honest with each other about having our fun on the side, so it works. Sorry, no scandal here."

The average American would chuck their bible at that politician so fast

Newt Gingrich tried that shit. Look what happened to his ass. We live in a world where mother fuckers wanna do it, but because of scrutiny they wont try it. But what's even more fucked up is the possibility that people wouldn't give a shit. But to others they feign outrage. Behind close doors most people are down for whatever. But in that public eye for appearances they have to maintain the "norm". Wanna see a good example of this shit, look at Craigslist.

Where you're from- Charlotte Amalie, US Virgin Islands
Where you live- Atlanta, GA
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Both Parents hail from the Caribbean (Barbados and Antigua)
Do you know your roots- They're buried somewhere in the West Indies
Your Age- 22
Favorite musical genre- EDM/Classical/Heavy Metal (LOL)
Your profession/major/career interest- Studying BusAdmin
Your religious affiliation- Christian
Hobbies- Reading, Cooking, Piano-ing, Being Black, etc

Sup Monicas. Long time lurker here, even joined the steam group. Finally got in O.O
ooooh, i used to live there. finished high school @ CAHS

The average American would chuck their bible at that politician so fast

True (chuck the bible that the average American probably doesn't even read, haha). Weird thing is, politically it's probably better to sell the whole "redemption" angle (I'm so weak, but with god on my side I can overcome my animalistic urges!), than to just admit that you like a lot of sex up front.

Newt Gingrich tried that shit. Look what happened to his ass. We live in a world where mother fuckers wanna do it, but because of scrutiny they wont try it. But what's even more fucked up is the possibility that people wouldn't give a shit. But to others they feign outrage. Behind close doors most people are down for whatever. But in that public eye for appearances they have to maintain the "norm". Wanna see a good example of this shit, look at Craigslist.

Newt Gingrich was different though. He tried to propose an open marriage after he already cheated, lol. It's not an open marriage if your wife doesn't know she's in one from the beginning :p

You're right though, the way we talk about sex publicly is likely wildly out of step with how we approach it privately.

i was with him until "Shouldn’t we be equally angered by the fact that his private, intimate conversation was taped and then leaked to the media?" because a private conversation is only as private as the combined privacy of all involved parties.

Yea this. For some things yes, getting your laundry aired is a pure violation of trust and parties that can be hurt are limited. But when it's revealed to all that you're an undercover racist...and they hear your own voice saying it...well..

1.) It resonates differently.

2.) It makes you have to consider things in the context of a man in power who is subject to racist thinking. If you're the type of person to have these kinds of thoughts and give voice to them, you've probably acted based on such thoughts before. Maybe multiple times before. And as it has come out, he has indeed settled a number of discrimination suits.

As such, they aren't the same, Kareem. Exposing someone who has power over the lives and well being of many people as a racist cancer takes priority over privacy concerns, in my opinion.

And again, there's a difference between settled suits for things that allegedly happened...and hearing someone's voice saying the shit. After all, people settle lawsuits to avoid public trials and legal fees all the time. It's neither an admission of guilt nor proof of innocence. It's just an agreement to drop the subject and move on. The NBA wouldn't have made any moves based on that, and without further evidence to prove it protesters and boycotters wouldn't have had much of any momentum behind them.

Perhaps Kareem needs to regain his perspective about how these things work and how stories have to unfold in order for them to catch appropriate fire. The court of public opinion usually doesn't convict without a smoking gun.

Grandia you say? Sold.

The whole time based battle system. Hit an enemy while they are casting you interrupt them and they same goes for you. I'm very happy with the game and I'm 2 hours in. Skill tree is pretty substantial and the little things you do in battle. For example you can slow the enemy down with your firefly companion. Its pretty neat.

Top Bottom