• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

andthebeatgoeson

i was with him until "Shouldn’t we be equally angered by the fact that his private, intimate conversation was taped and then leaked to the media?" because a private conversation is only as private as the combined privacy of all involved parties.
I'm like, nope, that doesn't even register as like the top 100 upsetting things about this. Especially since he was allowed to hide it for so long. If society functioned well, we wouldn't need this.

There also is this fallacy that we have privacy in this situation. Given this context, none of us have privacy, just anonymity. You can't share your thoughts with someone and expect privacy. And Kareem maybe have difficulty with this issue since he is a star with experience.

Had a good night. Saw Bill Clinton and Bill Cosby and Cosby stole the show. Just slayed the whole room. He didn't talk about kids needing to pull up their pants and I was grateful. I realized he needs better pr. He's going around and doing good civic work but the only story that is reported is how much he hates young people and the way they'd talk or dress. Talking about young people and their failures is relevant but hearing it from the older generation gets me worked up. Particularly from a guy with side pieces when our families are hurting and young, stupid behavior is a direct consequence of old, stupid behavior. Bill Cosby talking about young, stupid behavior is a little shallow to me.

Last night was just fun watching him perform. It was around 45 minutes and effortless. He had the story mode on 11 and it's probably just how he talks on a regular day. Like, he couldn't help being funny. He needed a little help getting on stage and his cross eye is a little more pronounced but he's very adept on stage. It was good to see for the first time, up close.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Frankly, I'm surprised most people didn't know Reggie was of Haitian heritage

I mean:

i5Idb3YNtmUPw.jpg

that ain't passing the pencil test

i'm sorry

The whole time based battle system. Hit an enemy while they are casting you interrupt them and they same goes for you. I'm very happy with the game and I'm 2 hours in. Skill tree is pretty substantial and the little things you do in battle. For example you can slow the enemy down with your firefly companion. Its pretty neat.

Had this in my steam wishlist for a minute. You just sold me Rio. Good man.

And THAT thread....I just clicked it. Gonna be interesting.

The brown nipple post could have simply been the latest iteration of "I'm not attracted to black chicks" more than ignorance on how nipples change color...

Pleasantly surprised to see the blacks in gaming thread didn't turn to complete shit overnight.

I'm moving back to Japan next month to hopefully add to the ranks

People have a weird understanding of what different nationalities and race are. It must be fun living in a bubble of about whatever the length of the city limits are.

Silky

Banned
Frankly, I'm surprised most people didn't know Reggie was of Haitian heritage

I mean:

i5Idb3YNtmUPw.jpg

that ain't passing the pencil test

i'm sorry

I knew he was some sort of French, but I didn't assume the Haitian part. Felt like an idiot.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Pleasantly surprised to see the blacks in gaming thread didn't turn to complete shit overnight.

I'm moving back to Japan next month to hopefully add to the ranks

Agreed. Although i think Bish's presence in the thread is doing much to curb some of the usual nonsense.

Listening to Jason Witlock trying to defend Donald Sterling in some way on the Herd on ESPN. It's making me cringe because he's trying sooooooooooo hard to make it something less than it was.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Listening to Jason Witlock trying to defend Donald Sterling in some way on the Herd on ESPN. It's making me cringe because he's trying sooooooooooo hard to make it something less than it was.

Saying niggas ain't shit on the phone happens all the time.

It wasn't even Paula Deen tier

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Mumei's thread on Male Rape.

Those numbers for prison are obscene...

It's also pretty bad how terrible our education system is, in regards to teaching about the human body (amid a laundry list of failures). It's crazy how people don't realize that we don't have control over certain functions and that it's indeed possible for a dude to get raped in that specific way.

DY_nasty

Mumei's thread on Male Rape.

Those numbers for prison are obscene...

It's also pretty bad how terrible our education system is, in regards to teaching about the human body (amid a laundry list of failures). It's crazy how people don't realize that we don't have control over certain functions and that it's indeed possible for a dude to get raped in that specific way.

I rarely bring it up, but male rape in the military is fucking staggering

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I rarely bring it up, but male rape in the military is fucking staggering
It's the perfect set up for predators. Hierarchical power structure, hypermasculine culture, and a code of silence set up to protect that hypermasculinity, whether it comes to covering up rape to hiding all mental distress. The lines between "roughhousing", to hazing, to gang rape are very thin. You're off, away from any and all comfort zones you have ever had, and the phrase "I own you" carries 100 nuances to it that you simply cannot grasp without being on the receiving end of that phrase.

DY_nasty

It's the perfect set up for predators. Hierarchical power structure, hypermasculine culture, and a code of silence set up to protect that hypermasculinity, whether it comes to covering up rape to hiding all mental distress. The lines between "roughhousing", to hazing, to gang rape are very thin. You're off, away from any and all comfort zones you have ever had, and the phrase "I own you" carries 100 nuances to it that you simply cannot grasp without being on the receiving end of that phrase.

nail on the head

rape is about power and the power complexes that are encouraged and taught allow the creation of some nightmarish things

nail on the head

rape is about power and the power complexes that are encouraged and taught allow the creation of some nightmarish things

My stepson was legit shook when they had to take a course on rape in boot camp.

Also as we have this serious discussion there is a thread about measuring dicks in OT

I always felt like he tries too hard to be different.
Scoop's and his problem is that they don't have that mix of social commentary, humor and knowledge that Wiley did.

Top Bottom