• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Ever had one of those days where everything just feels overwhelming and you just wanna decompress. So, I said fuck it and put on the only thing that gives me feels and happy.

The Incredibles.

That part where he threatens to break that one chick in two? I was shook when I first saw that scene.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
In a group full of couples that's scores of wing men/wing women.

Step your game up.

QBNCWqA.png

Gotta get them to actually go out or do things first.

Friday evening in NYC, the weather's nice, I got a pocket full of money, and I'm stuck on this fucking train derailment. FUCK!!!!

At least no one lost their life, but damn do I not want to be here in this tunnel.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Maybe I am outing myself a little here but friend game seems like a real thing. I have a partner and SO but since graduating high school and moving back to the US 8 years ago I've found it takes real effort to make friends and keep contacts strong. You have to stay after that shit and make connections, it isn't just handed to you like it was at school. At least that's been my experience, still trying to work on making some friends to hang out with outside of work/college classes.

That part where he threatens to break that one chick in two? I was shook when I first saw that scene.

Hell yeah. He showed that desperation when you lose everything. No fucks were given. But I will say my favorite scene is Dashs run and the minute he hit that water and that laugh. Also when Mr incredible was infiltrating the base and he threw that pod at the guards, right before you can hear him grunt from throwing it. Little details are always neat.
In a group full of couples that's scores of wing men/wing women.

Step your game up.

A team trying to help you get laid. That's fantastic.

Trey

I went into that s/o hanging out with other sex thread expecting it to have evolved into cuckholding/swinger type shit. I was not expecting terrible attempts at statistics.

Kevin Hart going in on Mike Epps on twitter because he called him Overrated on the radio.

Kevin Hart told dude to kill himself and everything... comedian beef

Onemic

Kevin Hart going in on Mike Epps on twitter because he called him Overrated on the radio.

Kevin Hart told dude to kill himself and everything... comedian beef

Kevin Hart is overrated. Dude is not funny. I feel like his whole schtick is for people to laugh at him and not with him.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Kevin Hart is overrated. Dude is not funny. I feel like his whole schtick is for people to laugh at him and not with him.

That's a big part of it. I'm down with that though - its a skill in itself.

What I don't like is how ABC/ESPN can't help but run it into the ground with corny shit. That's the risk involved in being that kind of comedian. Everyone is a part of your jokes.

He's hitting up Ice Cube

"...alright, alright no more Fridays....that's cool, I hear ya. What about "All About The Benjamins 2"? I got some ideas!"
FTFY.

But beside that the only thing I liked Mike Epps in was Next Day Air. Fucker is a try hard comedian. Every stand up I've seen has been the same routine with very few deviations.

Kevin Hart is hit or miss. He got moments of comedic genius then he has Krov Mandoon.

FTFY.

But beside that the only thing I liked Mike Epps in was Next Day Air. Fucker is a try hard comedian. Every stand up I've seen has been the same routine with very few deviations.

Kevin Hart is hit or miss. He got moments of comedic genius then he has Krov Mandoon.

Katt Williams falls into that category too, same routine with little change

Kreed

We talked about Kevin Hart only being relevant because Dave Chapelle left a gaping hole in the comedy scene for a while, but Mike Epps was only relevant because Chris Tucker gave up on poor performing Friday sequels for Rush Hour money. Dude has no room to call someone overrated. His best joke was making fun of those stupid Everest college commercials.

I could at least see Kevin Hart playing token funny black dudes in comedy films if Dave Chapelle had stayed on the air, but Mike Epps wouldn't have even made it past TV One comedies if Chris Tucker had stuck with Ice Cube.

Slayven

^Pretty Much, I rather sit through a Tyler Perry movie than watch a Kevin Hart stand-up.
Whoa lets not go that far.

Kevin Hart is funny to me. Let Me Explain was his worst stand up special/movie, though.
I agree

He's hitting up Ice Cube

"...alright, alright no more Fridays....that's cool, I hear ya. What about "All About The Money 2"? I got some ideas!"
It's "All about the benjamins"

I wwonder what cube was smoking when they made janky promoters. It was a struggle movie but at the sametime it wasn't, like it was a daywalker
I watched that shit on BET and felt robbed.

We talked about Kevin Hart only being relevant because Dave Chapelle left a gaping hole in the comedy scene for a while, but Mike Epps was only relevant because Chris Tucker gave up on poor performing Friday sequels for Rush Hour money. Dude has no room to call someone overrated. His best joke was making fun of those stupid Everest college commercials.

I could at least see Kevin Hart playing token funny black dudes in comedy films if Dave Chapelle had stayed on the air, but Mike Epps wouldn't have even made it past TV One comedies if Chris Tucker had stuck with Ice Cube.

Nope, Hart and Chapelle operate in two different sections of comedy.

Nature abhors a vacuum.
Dave Chappelle left the game, Patrice O'Neal passed. My question is who can possibly fill the gaping hole of top black comedian with some crossover appeal. Kevin Hart is attempting to fill that hole, but he hasn't filled it yet or is coming close. Katt Williams had a shot, but he can't keep his shit together.

akira28

Mike Epps singlehandedly killed the Friday franchise and Ice Cube's career. The only thing that could bring it back would be Chris Tucker.

Slayven

Is wear I will open a 4 star soul food resturant where I jsut sprinkle truffle oil on shit.

Chittlins
Hogmaws
Pigs Feet
Cornbeard
Sweet Potato pie

truffle oil, 45 dollars a plate.

Cube should have left friday alone when Tucker wasn't coming back. The only two saving graces from the sequels was John Witherspoon and Pinky nugga

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Love peanut butter but that burger is scust.
Cube should have left friday alone when Tucker wasn't coming back. The only two saving graces from the sequels was John Witherspoon and Pinky nugga
Pinky should have got a spin off.

Kreed

Nope, Hart and Chapelle operate in two different sections of comedy.

Their routines/styles are definitely different, but that doesn't matter to the mass market "college frat/watched the Hangover 50 times" audience Chapelle left hungry. They needed a black comedian that they could relate to and Kevin Hart was ready to go.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Their routines/styles are definitely different, but that doesn't matter to the mass market "college frat/watched the Hangover 50 times" audience Chapelle left hungry. They needed a black comedian that they could relate to and Kevin Hart was ready to go.

It's mostly black people that I see like Kevin Hart.

I brought up Katt Williams because he seemed like the guy taking Chappelle's place there. Black comedian for white people to look at and go LOL THIS IS HOW THEY REALLY ARE. Kevin Hart's comedy doesn't seem to play off of black stereotypes as much as Williams or Chappelle's.

and to be fair that's not a place most black comedians want to be to begin with. I mean people forget Chappelle walked away from that status because he hated his comedy being consumed like that

If Friday were to comeback, the only choice has to be with Chris Tucker. But the chances of that are few and far between.

They're both waaay too old to be making Friday movies. I figured that's the main reason Tucker didn't come back for the sequels.

It's done time to move on.

DY_nasty

I much prefer Kevin Hart being on top than Eddie Griffin
fixed
It's mostly black people that I see like Kevin Hart.

I brought up Katt Williams because he seemed like the guy taking Chappelle's place there. Black comedian for white people to look at and go LOL THIS IS HOW THEY REALLY ARE. Kevin Hart's comedy doesn't seem to play off of black stereotypes as much as Williams or Chappelle's.

and to be fair that's not a place most black comedians want to be to begin with. I mean people forget Chappelle walked away from that status because he hated his comedy being consumed like that

If that were true, then they'd never let him anywhere near the NBA All-Star game for 3 years in a row.

He's super safe in public.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
If that were true, then they'd never let him anywhere near the NBA All-Star game for 3 years in a row.

He's super safe in public.

Well if anything he's on that "Are We There Yet" white people appeal that Ice Cube be monopolizing.

He's not cooning for college kids like Katt Williams or Chappelle a.k.a he's not confirming racist thought by basing his act on pimping or crack addiction.( though to be fair to Chappelle, his stand up is legit. While I like his sketch show.....it got out of control with white people and he knew it)

Eddie Griffin

I still can't believe Undercover Brother got made

DY_nasty

Well if anything he's on that "Are We There Yet" white people appeal that Ice Cube be monopolizing.

He's not cooning for college kids like Katt Williams or Chappelle a.k.a he's not basing his act on pimping or crack addiction

I still can't believe Undercover Brother got made

And it was still the best thing he was ever a part of too lol

Top Bottom