• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

J10

Banned
It's getting to the point where in certain threads, you see a certain name and/or avatar and immediately think "oh, it's you" and are never pleasantly surprised.

It's gotten to the point where in certain threads I can't see half the discussion because so many names are already on ignore. Same thing I guess.

Well, at least it shows that people are...consistent in their beliefs and set in their ways. Honestly, I sometimes worry that I myself am rooted in some form of ignorance (that I am not cognizant enough of, or am avoiding through cognitive dissonance) that manifests as some toxic attitude or belief. I wouldn't want to be a hypocrite.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Just finished watching all of Black Lagoon and it's instantly one of my faves. I'm the type of person that's very selective when it comes to anime, but Black Lagoon just clicked with me.

I'd kill for a open-world game with a Roanapur-like town and a Revy chick as the protagonist. That would be a day one buy for me. But knowing this industry it's not gonna happen.

I've been watching Black Lagoon as it airs on Toonami. Fucking love that show.

iXgygrmxwXwuZ.gif

Revy is great. Dutch is also a giant badass. That conversation between him and the old Nazi last ep was fun as hell.

Just finished watching all of Black Lagoon and it's instantly one of my faves. I'm the type of person that's very selective when it comes to anime, but Black Lagoon just clicked with me.

I'd kill for a open-world game with a Roanapur-like town and a Revy chick as the protagonist. That would be a day one buy for me. But knowing this industry it's not gonna happen.

Black lagoon is amazing i love Revy shes awesome and is easily my favorite female character of all time.

Crocodile

Privilege has to be literally one of the easiest concepts to understand. Once its explained ONCE to you, regardless on which side you may fall on any type of privilege, you should never have an issue understanding it. Why are so many on GAF so DUMB about it? I thought the difficult registration process was supposed to weed out stupidity? I swear I've seen more straight up concentrated dumbassery and ignorance on GAF than I have in my interactions with actual human beings in real life :(

Black Lagoon is some QUALITY anime, I'm glad you enjoyed it :) It's a shame so many people have equated all anime to loli ugu kawaii garbage. If you take a bit of time to sift through the shit, there's alot of good stuff out there.

10301536_719218811462095_4082460461826918707_n.jpg

IS THIS REAL

DEAR LORD

#DED

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
also can I just say Toonami is pretty good right now. Attack on Titan starts tomorrow night, Black Lagoon is fantastic, Space Dandy is still good in reruns...

If only we didn't have to sit through an hour of Naruto bullshit (and to a lesser extent Bleach).

cdyhybrid

I haven't watched the Bleach anime in a while (got tired of filler so I just went solely with the manga), but man that shit was awesome back in the Soul Society arc.

DominoKid

going in on this Chimera Ant arc in HxH finally. i didn't think i could hold Togashi in higher regard than i already did but goddamn he went in on this arc.

also can I just say Toonami is pretty good right now. Attack on Titan starts tomorrow night, Black Lagoon is fantastic, Space Dandy is still good in reruns...

If only we didn't have to sit through an hour of Naruto bullshit (and to a lesser extent Bleach).

the Naruto anime truly is terrible. i wish they could redo it.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Flipping back and forth between the NBA/NHL playoffs on one screen, playing PS2 Def Jam Vendetta on another. There are worse Friday evenings to be had, friends.

KumaJG

You like his other work called Jourmand, something like that

Trey

Amazing Spider-Man 2 could have been so good. Some of those scenes really clicked with me. But the entire package is just...stupid. Even for comic book movies.

Wait.....

Is Drake gonna play Felicia?

Goddammit now I got this mental image in my head of Drake going up to Craig going "You dont have to let me borrow that VCR? I wanna dub this tape but im on my worst behavior."

see this is a movie that just prints money, 20 million budget 350 mill box office

better idea... Drake plays Skeeter in the ABC Family remake since they brought Boy Meets World back

Gorillaz

Black Lagoon is the shit, zero fucks are given through out the show.

Can't wait until they dub more of it. Director said he's waiting for the manga to be far enough ahead to the point where they can do more episodes. Manga has only been back for a few months so it might take awhile

check out the OVA too, it gets a little more bloody/violent
She's not even the baddest chick in her own show imo

debatable...unless your talking about a certain someone that gets to ridiculous levels of being a cold blood killer..

Haven't gone out in awhile, but some friends hit me up and told me to come through to this party. Get there and everything's cool until an hour later a big brawl broke out in the middle of the dance floor by the DJ. Like, dudes were trying to ride cheeks while the fight was going on, but it eventually got so bad that they had to shut it down. They brought the fight outside and then police showed up.

Nights like these remind why I choose to just stay inside.

This Sterling side piece is ugly.

She sounds dumb as a post. Either she is trying to memorize a script or something else that shit sounds straight rehearsed. Some of the things she was saying made no sense but she was adamant about her relationship was something but didnt say exactly. Talking about she is his "silly rabbit".

andthebeatgoeson

She sounds dumb as a post. Either she is trying to memorize a script or something else that shit sounds straight rehearsed. Some of the things she was saying made no sense but she was adamant about her relationship was something but didnt say exactly. Talking about she is his "silly rabbit".
Bill Simmons has a piece about him taking a flight in first class a year ago. Sterling in on the same flight in first class. He had an assistant but she was in coach. As the assistant, she would come to first class as Sterling needed things, which was often. Bill didn't recognize her until recently, when this all blew up. That could be explained a ton of ways but I'll just chalk it up to her being stupid until proven otherwise.

brehs I'm about to go raid the bargain bin again thoughts on these

Darksiders 1&2
Vanquish
Mass effect 2&3
Ghost recon advanced warfighter

Anything with a sequel I'm treating as one

J10

Banned
ah man DL Hughley

this isn't that bad until you realize that's all he has

That's 99% of black comedians. And white comedians aren't any better; it's either a bad Seinfeld or a bad Dane Cook impression. Spanish comedians all do impressions of their mothers.

akira28

I liked DL's news\talk show. Was it on CNN? Or was it MSNBC...can't remember.

edit: yah and the Stevie Wonder Atari ad is a photoshop

BHZ Mayor

Z-Bo suspended. Welp, that's that for this series. This could have been avoided had they not blown game 4 or not played like dogshit in game 6.

brehs I'm about to go raid the bargain bin again thoughts on these

Darksiders 1&2
Vanquish
Mass effect 2&3
Ghost recon advanced warfighter

Anything with a sequel I'm treating as one

Darksiders 1 is solid.
Vanquish is amazing.
Mass Effect 2 & 3 are good minus that bulkshit ending to 3.
Advanced Warfighter ain't bad but I prefer Future Soldier.

Slayven

When she brought up the Holocaust man I bout died.

Top Bottom