• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Trey

Bill Simmons has a piece about him taking a flight in first class a year ago. Sterling in on the same flight in first class. He had an assistant but she was in coach. As the assistant, she would come to first class as Sterling needed things, which was often. Bill didn't recognize her until recently, when this all blew up. That could be explained a ton of ways but I'll just chalk it up to her being stupid until proven otherwise.

That article was hilarious for its "look, I always hated this piece of shit! I mentioned he sucked two years ago and didn't swap seats with him on a plane! Take that, racism!" tone. Just begging for us to pat him on the back.

That article was hilarious for its "look, I always hated this piece of shit! I mentioned he sucked two years ago and didn't swap seats with him on a plane! Take that, racism!" tone. Just begging for us to pat him on the back.

Does the piece go at Doc Rivers, or nah?

Kreed

The #234whitegirls hastag on twitter is the truth.

It wasn't until a week later after the GAF thread on the missing girls that I started seeing the story on main stream news, and even then it was just quick segments. If only one of the 234 girls kidnapped had been blonde and blue eyed, CNN would being doing 24/7 coverage by now on just that one girl, with holograms.

Anyone see Grand Budapest Hotel? Am I clearly part of the unwashed masses for thinking beyond cinematography and composition it was complete and utter shit?

Haven't read Simmons in years. Don't think I've missed anything either.

Trey

Look at this shit. Glorious. I feel bad for those who can't - or refuse to - understand why people enjoy sports.

Haven't read Simmons in years. Don't think I've missed anything either.

He's definitely nothing great, but Grantland as a whole has a lot of really good content. Zach Lowe, Barnwell.

You should get the whole picture on that gamewinner. Houston's defense was so bad
KuGsj.gif

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Would it be pretentious to order business cards without the business on them? I have a job but I don't really want to associate myself with it (lol). I should probably just stick with a resume, I just thought for networking being able to drop a business card with my name/number & email on it might be an interesting idea.

Anyone see Grand Budapest Hotel? Am I clearly part of the unwashed masses for thinking beyond cinematography and composition it was complete and utter shit?
Haven't seen it yet but the cute composition and lens changing doesn't sound that interesting to me. For what it's worth I heard it's actually good beyond just that.

Look at this shit. Glorious. I feel bad for those who can't - or refuse to - understand why people enjoy sports.

He's definitely nothing great, but Grantland as a whole has a lot of really good content. Zach Lowe, Barnwell.

In the bar when this happened. The kind of shit that makes you hug a total stranger. Man when that ref call happened, parsons scored, the bar got deathly quiet like "oh no no no no." Then Lillard just shot it. We all rose up in celebration but there was definitely a split second of complete shock, like "wait we did it? WHAT."

Just goes to show .9 sec was still too much to give Damian Lillard and the Blazers.

giphy.gif

Harden spectating from the floor, got the best seat in the house

why the fuck is this dude jumping up and down in front of the inbound pass, like he bout to shoot from out there. Dude don't even look at him, just waits for Lillard to run by

Why is a small forward chasing after a quick point guard in the first place? Was that Beverly's (blown) switch? Or is McHale actually that bad?

Nope, Parson's was on him.. was completely lost on that little jab. Should Hard have switched?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Why is a small forward chasing after a quick point guard in the first place? Was that Beverly's (blown) switch? Or is McHale actually that bad?

Harden is on video telling Parsons to take Patrick Beverly's man right before this.

Why he's calling any defensive sets... I don't know.

KumaJG

The sweet song of the net going swoosh #cloud9

Gorillaz

giphy.gif

why the fuck is this dude jumping up and down in front of the inbound pass, like he bout to shoot from out there. Dude don't even look at him, just waits for Lillard to run by

I like how Harden kind of stares there and admires it from a distance like, you know what that was a pretty good shot

cdyhybrid

giphy.gif

That feel when the apartment below you gets the video half a second faster and you hear them scream as the shot is in mid-air on your screen.

Top Bottom