• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

FyreWulff

JD2020 doesn't get that his free speech is protected, but Turtle Rock is protected from him using them as his platform and pulpit to broadcast his views from. When you are the community PR guy, your job is kind of not to fuck up PR

Slayven

Reading male athlete tweets, thirsty ass women I can't lol.

Next time I see a real good one I'll post it.

I can see why.

paul-george-daniela.png

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Side chick power is at an all time high after Sterling's got his team taken from him

Before I die there'll be a field of study for sidechicks.

"I only took general ed my first couple semesters because I didn't know what I wanted but now I'm a sidechcik major with a minor in computer science."

KumaJG

Before I die there'll be a field of study for sidechicks.

"I only took general ed my first couple semesters because I didn't know what I wanted but now I'm a sidechcik major with a minor in computer science."

I won't be surprise if there is a course on how sidechicks influence history by time I turn 40.

akira28

I can see why.

Part of me would hate to live the life where instead of seeing that picture and thinking hey she's cute I'd like to go out with her, you think, yeah she's after me for my money, my car, my name, my fame, the prestige of having someone famous on her arm, etc.

It's like an entirely different perspective, and it's an ugly one, but not unfounded. It makes 'pretty' start looking pretty unattractive.

Part of me would hate to live the life where instead of seeing that picture and thinking hey she's cute I'd like to go out with her, you think, yeah she's after me for my money, my car, my name, my fame, the prestige of having someone famous on her arm, etc.

It's like an entirely different perspective, and it's an ugly one, but not unfounded. It makes 'pretty' start looking pretty unattractive.

Must suck to have to keep distant because you don't know if someone likes you for you or other things. That's probably why so many date other famous people.

Slayven

Until you get toenail curling dome.

DominoKid

the benefits make the negatives worth dealing with though.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
the benefits make the negatives worth dealing with though.

and the negatives could be non-existent depending on what you want out of a relationship. Like while akira28 is thinking that this girl is just after his money, another dude could just be thinking "yo I could smash"

Must suck to have to keep distant because you don't know if someone likes you for you or other things. That's probably why so many date other famous people.

I don't think it's really a problem exclusive to famous people though. It's just an aspect of human relationships in general. Social status is always a factor in the desirability of a romantic partner

akira28

and the negatives could be non-existent depending on what you want out of a relationship. Like while akira28 is thinking that this girl is just after his money, another dude could just be thinking "yo I could smash"

That's the problem. As long as it's all fun and games, who cares? But if you're trying to be on some grown folks business, then you have to think about things. And yeah imagine how social stats are for regular people, and then when you're rich and famous and have girls PMing you topless pics to your twitter, that social status versus sincerity thing is multiplied even more.

And yeah it's probably why from street level it looks like famous people are all noncommittal dogs who don't even relationship, but it might be because they side-eye everything and everyone. Caring is how you get in trouble, then.

Gorillaz

That's the problem. As long as it's all fun and games, who cares? But if you're trying to be on some grown folks business, then you have to think about things. And yeah imagine how social stats are for regular people, and then when you're rich and famous and have girls PMing you topless pics to your twitter, that social status versus sincerity thing is multiplied even more.

And yeah it's probably why from street level it looks like famous people are all noncommittal dogs who don't even relationship, but it might be because they side-eye everything and everyone. Caring is how you get in trouble, then.

I think about that sometimes.

I mean at some point you do probably want to settle down....but having to sit and go through possible setups and whatnot...way more then we do...has to be rough

Silky

Banned
Got a small gig lined up working for my stepdad while he does his comedian gigs. $150-200 a week starting Friday.

I can get my school signups done and start this summer. feels good.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I saw the poll and closed the page

but it was too late. I was already dead

I thought there would be jokes, but they actually serious.

It was actually surprisingly positive imo, haha. I saw the rifles and NRA links and was expecting some stormfront shit for a second

I mean, they still get a little racist in there, but you know...lowered expectations I guess

Only had a black barber once.

Friend of mine was going through school for it and needed practice.He had up until that point only been cutting his relatives hair, so it took him ages to finish my cut.

He did a decent job considering he was still learning at the time but it seriously took him like two to three times the normal time.

royalan

That Lark Voorhies thread is so depressing.

I remember being a kid and watching Saved By the Bell and thinking how pretty she was. Not it in a sexual way since even back then I knew I liked boys, but you get it.

I hope she's ok...

Only had a black barber once.

Friend of mine was going through school for it and needed practice.He had up until that point only been cutting his relatives hair, so it took him ages to finish my cut.

He did a decent job considering he was still learning at the time but it seriously took him like two to three times the normal time.

Only time I've had a non-black barber was my first week of college, and I decided to try out a Supercuts, and let some white dude cut it. Shit was like 9/11 for my hair, never again.

Might have to split the difference and get a Latino dude to cut it now
half serious

Only time I've had a non-black barber was my first week of college, and I decided to try out a Supercuts, and let some white dude cut it. Shit was like 9/11 for my hair, never again.

half serious

You're in Santa Monica now right? Good luck finding a local barber lol

Enjoy your regular trips to Inglewood.

KumaJG

half serious

Invest in one of those self cut systems

he kinda ruined some of McHale's jokes b/c he got to take shots directly before him on some of the same topics and McHale did go much harsher like he always does on the Soup

I read your first sentence and was like "DAAAAAAAAMAN, the POTUS is going at Houston's McFail!?!" Then I read the second and realized you were talking about Community dude. Basketball on the mind.

Top Bottom