• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

I just got myself in my first avatar bet

It's about Destiny breaking even before the end of the holidays.

People say since it's not being released on PC, it won't break even. And this is considering the $500 mil marketing investment from Activision. I still like my odds.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I just got myself in my first avatar bet

It's about Destiny breaking even before the end of the holidays.

People say since it's not being released on PC, it won't break even. And this is considering the $500 mil marketing investment from Activision. I still like my odds.

Avatar bets are fun. I take ones I'm pretty sure I'll lose because it's so fun.

Slayven

there be some fine women of all colors in government offices, looking all vulnerable and downtrodden. I have to come more often.

Boss: Hey, Mike. This report you give me every month. Why is Dept Z on here?
bv6ye.png
I don't think they should be.
xJ3sq.png

Me: Originally, I didn't have them on that report. You asked me to put them on it because you wanted to see them for some reason.
W68Ii.png

Boss: No...no..I didn't ask for that.
0Cmnv.png

Me: You did or I wouldn't have put them on there.
KRrHQ.png
I don't remember why you why you wanted that version of the report. It's been like that for at least a year
RQzIn.png

Boss:.....No. I wouldn't have asked for that.
lV2kE.png
I think Supervisor Y wanted to see them on there for some reason. I'll ask him.

Me:
jennifer-lawrence-ok-gif.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think he backed out. Literally went radio silent after I called him out. I might take up the other avatar bet though.

People who do that should have their av changed permanently by an admin. Welching on an av bet is laaaaame.

harSon

Banned
Destiny is shipping on 4 platforms and it's being marketed by Activision. 15 million seems doable.

You have to keep in mind that it's 15-16 million sold at full price. The number goes up considerably if it's discounted. And what new IP has sold anything close to that within a year of release?

It's being marketed primarily on Next Generation hardware too. Scratch that. It's being marketed primarily on the Playstation 4. As last generation has shown, and this one too, marketing perception is a fairly powerful tool. If Activision is releasing a game that must sell through 15-16 million copies at roughly full price, I don't understand the "unprecedented partnership" they struck with Sony. You'd think that the exposure of all SKUs across the board we be of the utmost importance, considering your potential sales hinge on it. Pretending that SKUs don't exist within your marketing, or disproportionately/exclusively pushing one SKU, is kind of counter intuitive to their end game. This isn't a Call of Duty situation where the franchise is established and a pop culture phenomenon. It's a brand spanking new IP, regardless of the developer and budget behind it.

You didn't see that last night? I wonder why they felt the need, of all mother-related video they own...that they used what they did.

EDIT: Hey they didn;t showcase Thea Vidale though, poor Shelton Benjamin
No, I had to step out for a few minutes.
Good news everyone I just had phone interview and likely have a job. So film work on back burner for a year or so till I can get back out to LA.

#regularjobtochasedreams

Congrats!

harSon

Banned
Wait, 16M by Dec-31?

Man of faith..

It'd have to average ~4 million units per platform. Meaning it'd have to have a ridiculous attach rate on the Playstation 4 and Xbox One, or be a ridiculous success on 360 and Playstation 3 to compensate. And to do that within 3 months?

Those odds are pretty shit Lol

J10

Banned
Tracy Morgan is a trip. About Don Sterling: "If I owned a team like the Clippers, losing for 30 years straight, I'd hate black people too!" LOL

It'd have to average ~4 million units per platform. Meaning it'd have to have a ridiculous attach rate on the Playstation 4 and Xbox One, or be a ridiculous success on 360 and Playstation 3 to compensate. And to do that within 3 months?

Those odds are pretty shit Lol
Literally would need an attach rate better than Halo 3. On two consoles.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
What do you guys know about the nexus 5?
Funny I was thinking of asking the same question. I'm more interested in better sound quality than anything because my phone has replaced my mp3 player. The 4 which I'm currently using sucks in this regard. I might just wait for the N6 though.

Funny I was thinking of asking the same question. I'm more interested in better sound quality than anything because my phone has replaced my mp3 player. The 4 which I'm currently using sucks in this regard. I might just wait for the N6 though.
I'm interested mostly because of the price, which is incredible. It seems to gave pretty good specs and seems like it has great value.

Gorillaz

Is it weird that I don't follow random hot chicks off ig like that

I don't even fuck with thristagram. I barely mess with Twitter.

I know this sounds very
H37xX.png
but I am kind of meh about social media stuff in general. I have facebook still because of old childhood friends and twitter because it's basically newsfeedish

Barely on them

I don't even fuck with thristagram. I barely mess with Twitter.

I know this sounds very
H37xX.png
but I am kind of meh about social media stuff in general. I have facebook still because of old childhood friends and twitter because it's basically newsfeedish

Barely on them

Somewhat similar for me. Been getting into twitter a bit but it's yeah newsfeedish, great for updates on teams and players for instance.

Top Bottom