• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Slayven

Remember those hard ass cafeteria trays? In high school a guy got behind a dude dumping his trash out and clock him in the back of the head with one. Dude went out like a light.

is me but purity rings, balls give off an incesty vibe.

Oh it definitely has that vibe and it's even discussed in academic circles how incestuous patriarchal ideas and concepts tend to be. The idea that your father basically protects and owns your sexuality, especially here in the U.S., where these daughters are not property to be bartered, is quite well to me fucking perverted.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Oh it definitely has that vibe and it's even discussed in academic circles how incestuous patriarchal ideas and concepts tend to be. The idea that your father basically protects and owns your sexuality, especially here in the U.S., where these daughters are not property to be bartered, is quite well to me fucking perverted.

It is. A bunch of Norma Bates ass dudes.

edit:
The reverse is also super creepy.

It is, but it's never really seen in as big a light, imo.

"Awww...look at daddy's girl. He's just over protective. aww"
"That dude is a momma's boy. *scust*"

Village

It is. A bunch of Norma Bates ass dudes.

edit:

It is, but it's never really seen in as big a light, imo.

"Awww...look at daddy's girl. He's just over protective. aww"
"That dude is a momma's boy. *scust*"

Nah it get super creepy, when someone got family over and the kid is like a teen. Relationships are clearly ok, and then then a person asks

" does he have a Girlfriend/boyfriend "
and then the mom goes
" i'm his girlfriend he doesn't have time for relationships right now "
Or some shit like that and people laugh and be like " oh yeah school or whatever" But don't find it creepy that this mom person will not let her son her highschool age son be in a relationship because reasons. And refereed to herself as his girlfriend.

And then while everyone laughs i am looking at the mom like "wat?" I have seen that shit said so manytimes. Yeah its cute when the dude is like 5, but when he is a teen ager that shit wears off.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
BnIe7kaCUAAzsEX.jpg

what would you do fam

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Nah it get super creepy, when someone got family over and the kid is like a teen. Relationships are clearly ok, and then then a person asks

" does he have a Girlfriend/boyfriend "
and then the mom goes
" i'm his girlfriend he doesn't have time for relationships right now "
Or some shit like that and people laugh and be like " oh yeah school or whatever" But don't find it creepy that this mom person will not let her son her highschool age son be in a relationship because reasons. And refereed to herself as his girlfriend.

And then while everyone laughs i am looking at the mom like "wat?" I have seen that shit said so manytimes. Yeah its cute when the dude is like 5, but when he is a teen ager that shit wears off.

Oh eww. Never heard anyone say something like that. lol

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
popeyes has the worst biscuits between churches, bojangles, and even kfc though

nothing of value was lost

Crocodile

Seeing those biscuits instantly made me think of Pate (there should be an accent aigu on that last "e" but I'm too lazy to put it on there). Anyone else, especially if you have Caribbean roots, know what I'm talking about? I haven't had Pate in like forever. Getting all nostalgic and shit :(

Silky

Banned
popeyes has the worst biscuits between churches, bojangles, and even kfc though

nothing of value was lost

Popeyes' biscuits go great with jelly.

Like with most biscuits from chicken joints they go well with some sort of topping.

KFC > Gravy.
Popeyes > Jelly.
Bojangles > Honey.
Churches > An actual piece of chicken.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Popeyes' biscuits go great with jelly.

Like with most biscuits from chicken joints they go well with some sort of topping.

KFC > Gravy.
Popeyes > Jelly.
Bojangles > Honey.
Churches > An actual piece of chicken.

KFC's powdery garbage is still better than popeye's biscuitinacan

scust

Back from my interview. Handled it pretty well.

I walked in and there was some other guy who just got there, his personality seemed about mid twenties but those 20 years didn't treat him well. We exchanged pleasantries..

Me: "
foga4Wp.png
Here for the accountant interview?
TOT5Zz2.png
"
Him: "Yea...they're running a little behind. My time was 11:45am and it's almost noon."

I feel like I almost disadvantaged this guy....let me explain

The lady who was being interviewed walked out looking
HDudH.png
. Had her 4th quarter Black Mamba look going on. Didn't even say hi, it's the playoffs, no time for friends. Whatever, I'm fine with that
HOcLW.png

1 of the interviewers comes out, says his name and they walk into the interview room with another interviewer waiting.

And what's this....since no one in the waiting room is talking....I can make out some of the things they're saying...
WzbKI.png
My chit chat with this dude prevented him from having any idea of what they'd ask of him and he was legit shook most of the time.

So I'm in the waiting room lookin like the grinch listening to the whos celebrate after he snatched their gifts.

Them: "Can you tell us a time where you refined or altered for the better a process at your current or previous work place?"

Him: "uhhh......um..well.....-can't make him out anymore-."
iawkz.png

Them: "Can you tell us why you think you're qualified for this position?"

Him: Um....uuhh....welll-can't make out his response-"
foQU4.png

Eventually things wrap up in about 10 minutes.

They walk me in and I sit down like
XWNVC.png

Them:" Can you tell us why you think you're qualified for this position?"

Me: "I'm an accounting major, I've taken basic accounting, financial and managerial accounting among other courses. I have experience in accounts receivable from the factor lending side from my years working at Banky Bank. I have a letter of recommendation from my former supervisor, that was a position I was hired into at 18 and had no experience in. From there I was hired at Bankier Bank for another position in a field I wasn't familiar with in the slightest and she is now one of my references. I know you'll interview more qualified people but in addition to being qualified I have a long history of being able to learn very quickly if I do encounter something I haven't done before."
RQzIn.png

My fucking professor better let me out of my class later. I have like 10K worth of recording equipment coming to my place today. I mean all I have to do is turn in my commercial I made.

Top Bottom