• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Fuse problem was their marketing should have never released that first trailer

Their problem was the saw the positive response to it and decided to not make that game

or possibly that they couldn't make something as interesting as that looked. I kept an open mind about it leading up to release(because of that first trailer) but it just looked dull

Silky

Banned
FUSE's issue was the obvious art direction change. I liked it but I would've preferred Overstrike's vision over what we got now.

Everyone has fumbles. The last bad Ratchet games (AFO/FFA) and Resistance 2 can't steer my hype for SO away. My favorite fighting game to spectate is by a shitty licensed dev who proved themselves. Ca

I think the last gen rate race of 'me too' everything in the TPS genre really hit Insomniac hard, and some of the creativity from R&C was a result of the loss. I'll stand by saying that R3 was a phenomenal, underrated SP game, though.

BHZ Mayor

Guess Insomniac being labeled as a competent provider of 7.0-8.5, forgettable games over on gaming side for the bulk of last gen is a figment of my imagination.

Yet you're saying the game looks like the one series of theirs Gaming side didn't shit on (barring All 4 One and Full Frontal Assault) last generation, but wondering why people thinks it looks good.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
that game could have been decent but it looks like they focus group tested the soul out of it.

Yeah it's weird. Especially when their marketing team tried to spin it like that was the game they wanted to make from the beginning

Gorillaz

How about not focus test the game to shit. They basically changed their style for people in focus test that most likely weren't going to buy it in the first place.

I know it's a thing in the industry and even the movie industry to focus test, but at least weigh out design options.

edit: talking about Fuse

BHZ Mayor

Basically Sunset Overdrive looks like the complete opposite of their focus tested attempts to compete with the grimdark market. I'm not the least bit surprised at the reception so far.

Guess Insomniac being labeled as a competent provider of 7.0-8.5, forgettable games over on gaming side for the bulk of last gen is a figment of my imagination.

what you don't like all of those generic pink mobs from that one gif from the thread? i lost faith of Insomniac from the single player of R3, i couldn't finish it despite loving everything else about the game

Silky

Banned
Shame too

Fuze's gameplay was solid.

I find it really sad people are willing to shit on it instead of giving it the time of eday. There are some really good gameplay/design choices in it.

what you don't like all of those generic pink mobs from that one gif from the thread? i lost faith of Insomniac from the single player of R3, i couldn't finish it despite loving everything else about the game

I hated the MP of R3, but the Single Player had some huge Half-Life vibes to it. Atmosphere and story up the ass.

I find it really sad people are willing to shit on it instead of giving it the time of eday. There are some really good gameplay/design choices in it.

I hated the MP of R3, but the Single Player had some huge Half-Life vibes to it. Atmosphere and story up the ass.

i had a group of people and we ran R3 MP to the ground and had loads of fun so i felt better for never finishing R3 single player (at least i don't ever remember finishing it)

Infinite

The language in the SO trailer just strikes me as "yeah we know we fucked up with Fuze so this time were actually making the game we want to make instead of a derivative of what everyone else is doing."

Imm0rt4l

Candace-Patton.jpeg

bueno.png

Yet you're saying the game looks like the one series of theirs Gaming side didn't shit on (barring All 4 One and Full Frontal Assault) last generation, but wondering why people thinks it looks good.
Quite a few people shitted on Ratchet as a mediocre platformer/game series post ps2. There's just a very vocal fanbase for it, too.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Sunset Overdrive looks like a lot of fun. I really like the art style. This is coming from someone who doesn't plan on owning a next-gen console for quite some time.

BHZ Mayor

Quite a few people shitted on Ratchet as a mediocre platformer/game series post ps2. There's just a very vocal fanbase for it, too.

Well I don't know what to say about them. I just don't understand the issue with people thinking a game looks good.

Man, Crack in Time is one of the best games of the previous generation, and right up there with Up Your Arsenal for best in the series...

Yep. Right up there with Galaxy 1 and 2.

Silky

Banned
I hope he/she is customizable. Dude looks like a doofus

Main character is customizable.

I haven't looked into this game much, it's different from Dead Rising how.

It doesn't have a stupid time gimmick for starters. You only attract much larger/tougher enemies once you increase your 'style' meter (stringing platform jumps/wallrunning/grinds with killing enemies.).

Dead Rising has a huge identity crisis in which it wants to be a 'serious time zombie game' mixed with some of the bullshit fun known from the first game. SO, however, more focused on having fun and doing fun shit instead.

Never seen so many folk port begging before, either overtly or subtly.

It's almost as if ... only a certain platform is allowed to have interesting looking exclusives.

Top Bottom