• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

I forgot Jay-Z actually cried on radio after ether dropped lol

like its just...un-uneasy....like I mean being real its just-just-just...just far man, very vulgar
9jBmg.png

Who cares about Jay and Nas? They both took big fat L's to Dre. Dude put out two albums that are probably listened to more than all of Jay and Nas's shit combined. Then again he's from the West. So I don't understand why y'all care about two rappers from a city that hasn't released a good hip-hop album since Pac shitted on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWbXQQG9B6c

Keep taking those L's East Coast.

Solange made a comment about Dre becoming the first billionaire rapper.

Jay Z made a comment about not even being good enough to be a third stringer for Destiny's Child.

Shit went cray.

JohnDoe

Banned
Who cares about Jay and Nas? They both took big fat L's to Dre. Dude put out two albums that are probably listened to more than all of Jay and Nas's shit combined. Then again he's from the West. So I don't understand why y'all care about two rappers from a city that hasn't released a good hip-hop album since Pac shitted on it.

Wu-Tang forever came out after Pac died.

Esch

Banned
Lol @ stanning for Dre as the figurehead for the west after he spent most of his post 2pac time putting on a dude from Queens, a white dude from Detroit AND produced work for Jay-Z and Nas. Meanwhile Bishop Lamont is in the bushes soemwhere crying. And he only swept up Kendrick after 9999999 cosigns.

J10

Banned
Ether wasn't great - all Nas did was call him a faggot 50 different ways. Then Jay came back with Super Ugly the very next day like word, if I'm gay then why was I face fucking your baby's mother while your kid was sleeping in the next room.

They both lost.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Lol @ stanning for Dre as the figurehead for the west after he spent most of his post 2pac time putting on a dude from Queens, a white dude from Detroit AND produced work for Jay-Z and Nas. Meanwhile Bishop Lamont is in the bushes soemwhere crying. And he only swept up Kendrick after 9999999 cosigns.

Lmao

You're right the midwest and east do owe a lot to Dre.

You know how I know East Coast kills the West Coast? Cause we're in here talking about Jay and Nas as artist, you West Coast dudes always have to rep a coast. Being from the south, I don't know anyone who still listens to any Dre album, whether they consider it a classic or not. Nas and Jay still stay in rotation for most of my friends.

Oldschoolgamer

Yall really acting like the West has been on, all of these years, since The Chronic (and Documentary)? East, South, and Midwest been running yall in rap.

Let's be real the south has ran the rap game since No Limit came around. West is back though. Still waiting for anyone from the east (outside of ASAP Ferg) to release a good east coast album.

Esch

Banned
I always find it weird that west coasters stan Dre so hard. Post Pac what did he do positive besides 2001 (a great album)?

Give shine to artists not from his scene (ie neglecting his) and building them up as artists.

Create a sonic monopoly, resulting in mostly wack ass music imitating that strings Chron 2001 coming from Cali from 1999-2010

Buying up local talent and then shelving it.

Put on cornballs like The Game.

iIZLGPPaVk8ty.gif

Esch

Banned
We have Based God.

Fuck all your shit.

:troll

That's the funny part of the whole thing. Y'all have always had an interesting underground but it took a cultural ?????WTF???? of guys like Lil B, Odd Future, and Top Dog Entertainment to break the hold of monotonous garbage coming out of Aftermath and Dre's studios. Interesting how that ended up working out.
2 great albums>1 good album and 15 shit albums. At least Nas made 1 great album and 1 good album. Jay can't even say that.

Delusional.

Gorillaz

Also, Kendrick put out only one album and a lukewarm "diss". He ain't king breh

He's going to go through a sophomore slump like the rest of them. People are going to rip his next album up

I always find it weird that west coasters stan Dre so hard. Post Pac what did he do positive besides 2001 (a great album)?

That's a weird dismissal of Dre. It's like saying what did MJ do Post-Thriller? Was Thriller not enough for your sour-ass?

What did he do Post-Pac? Meaning besides NWA, making The Chronic, Bringing up Snoop and helping with Doggystyle and producing hits for Pac? That's more than most already.

Post Pac he made 2001forced Game to make a really good album. Prior to that he gave 50 the break he needed and prior to that he produced most of Eminem's good shit.

And then he produced GKMC.

Esch

Banned
Post Pac he made 2001forced Game to make a really good album. Prior to that he gave 50 the break he needed and prior to that he produced most of Eminem's good shit.

And then he produced GKMC.
He did not produce GKMC, he exec produced it.

Im not dismissing Dre. Im getting at TheKaeptain for using Dre as some west coast bastion when he's arguably been a bad influence on yall shit for more than a decade. He has done some great work in that time. But not for the West.

Hes a legend. Just responding to trolling with trolling.

Village

Let's be real the south has ran the rap game since No Limit came around. West is back though. Still waiting for anyone from the east (outside of ASAP Ferg) to release a good east coast album.

there are plenty of them.

Also the south ran that shit into a wall it exploded and now we have rap today.

That sounds like a insult, it really isn't .

Gorillaz

He mentioned that he wanted his own people to produce GKMC, Dre only did that last track Compton iirc

Two albums breh.

I always looked at section 80 as a mixtape.

Still while I like GKMC, the hyperbole about him being the next big one after only 2 real releases is ridiculous

Still while I like GKMC, the hyperbole about him being the next big one after only 2 real releases is ridiculous

Why do you view it as a mixtape? It's by every definition his freshman album. GKMC was his sophmore album.

Besides those 2 albums he has had a good amount of features too.

Gorillaz

Why do you view it as a mixtape? It's by every definition his freshman album. GKMC was his sophmore album.

Besides those 2 albums he has had a good amount of features too.
I remember for some reason when 80 came out it wasn't considered a "normal studio release". I thought it was considered a weird hybrid.

J10

Banned
And before that he had an EP that wasn't an EP. Shit was an hour long and like 15 tracks. GKMC is his third album.

Oldschoolgamer

That EP was wack as hell and Section 80 is merely okay/forgettable. GKMC is his best work yet. He's shown a lot of growth, but that Messiah of rap shit is lulzy.

He mentioned that he wanted his own people to produce GKMC, Dre only did that last track Compton iirc

I feel the same. It's unreal.

The TDE hype was so bad, people actually thought that lukewarm ass Schoolboy Q album was good

Top Bottom