• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Jay has had ZERO issue handling a female in the past. This was straight business.

He would have gotten faded by the bodyguard, Bey's family, and the press if he went back to Marcy. He almost did in the vid.

Hard knock life Jay had no problem mushing a chick in the face. Jay done went soft since he traded in Bleek for Ye.

Esch

Banned
I didn't even know she existed.

Also, his moms raised him well. A lot of men would have instinct-slapped her. And he was probably being cool about it which only made her more angry. lol

Bruh, I'm the biggest Jay-Z stan on NeoGAF.com and he sold his mother crack, spent about half his career dissing hoes, and of course:

jay-z-pushes_south_african_girl.gif

Shout out to Jigga Ray Robinson for his impeccable shoulder defense and col though;

Spinluck

I didn't even know she existed.

Also, his moms raised him well. A lot of men would have instinct-slapped her. And he was probably being cool about it which only made her more angry. lol

I think he went about it the right way. Thing is, Jay has done this:

jay-z-pushes_south_african_girl.gif

Not sure what the context here was, but it makes him look like a major dick. Don't see him doing anything like that in public, in front of Beyonce, and too her sister of all people. Lol.

Gonna go watch the Blazers tonight all these games been like

not-like-this.gif

The Spurs are so boring to watch, they do everything too goddamn well lol. Hope Lillard and company can pull something this game!

What's Solange so mad about anyway. Other than being named Solange.

My opinion; she saw some chick getting up on Jay and either he entertained said chick or did not stop her advances. She had some Daddy cheated on momma flash backs and said you not doing this to my sister......he denied it and got attacked.

Hence one of the reasons Bey didn't get involved and jumped in the car with her sis.

Kreed

That's why I love the internet. Something really stupid in pop news gets turned into the most hilarious news story of the day in the form of tweets and gifs.

I think he went about it the right way. Thing is, Jay has done this:

http://www.trendyink.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/jay-z-pushes_south_african_girl.gif[/I

Not sure what the context here was, but it makes him look like a major dick. Don't see him doing anything like that in public, in front of Beyonce, and too her sister of all people. Lol.[/QUOTE]
The context is he heard Dre did this and now maybe a billionaire. So he gave it a try

[quote="FyreWulff, post: 111665416"]Bungie winning some legacy sustain awards here[/QUOTE]
What?

FyreWulff

An employee at Bungie and a couple of guys in the community that have basically torn the engine apart and put it back together again are going to release an official patch for Halo PC that makes it able to continue working after Gamespy shuts down.

Bungie is also hosting the new master server themselves.

It's amazing for multiple reasons: Bungie officially is not on the hook for supporting Halo PC, MS is. Gearbox did the original port, not Bungie. And Bungie is hosting the new master server, not 343, the company that's supposed to exist to specifically support Halo. They literally had zero obligation to do this.

An employee at Bungie and a couple of guys in the community that have basically torn the engine apart and put it back together again are going to release an official patch for Halo PC that makes it able to continue working after Gamespy shuts down.

It's amazing for multiple reasons: Bungie officially is not on the hook for supporting Halo PC, MS is. Gearbox did the original port, not Bungie. And Bungie is hosting the new master server, not 343, the company that's supposed to exist to specifically support Halo. They literally had zero obligation to do this.

That's pretty damn cool.

So, I'm in the Solange thread trying not to #DEAD

But I gotta ask ... why can't Nas win? Or, why isn't he still winning? Or has he already won?

As you can see, I'm befuddled here. HALP

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bungie's work is some JE Sawyer levels of kindness towards gamers. Sawyer's such a cool dude, finished work on the real hardcore mode for New Vegas on his own time and released it a ways after launch as an unofficial mod. Great dude.

But I gotta ask ... why can't Nas win? Or, why isn't he still winning? Or has he already won?

Nas sold his soul to win a rap battle with Ether. He has spent the remainder of his years picking up L's.

Silky

Banned

Now all Halo PC needs is a Steam release brehs

DominoKid

the only way Nas actually won is in being a better rapper. and maybe having the best album between the 2. he lost in pretty much every other conceivable way.

and he made Hov cry on the radio from Ether. i forgot that one.

Esch

Banned

Because he stays destroying himself ETERNALLY.

Makes some of the best rap verses ever; but when it comes time to put the songs together he picks awful beats, horrible guest features and questionable choruses.

Makes some of the most meaningful social statements in the genre, but then destroys himself with telegraphed commercial attempts like You Owe Me/Oochie Wally, making his albums lack cohesion.

Created the best diss with Ether and then made up with Jay and allowed him to become his boss.

Any and everything involving women.

Any and everything involving the handling of money.

Nas sold his soul to win a rap battle with Ether. He has spent the remainder of his years picking up L's.

Nas Lost is eternal. It's an undeniable force that just exists, like gravity.

Nas is making Christmas movies now.

The biggest L.

Nas = L squared

Nas won unless you're a business partner or family member of him or Jay.

the only way Nas actually won is in being a better rapper. and maybe having the best album between the 2. he lost in pretty much every other conceivable way.

and he made Hov cry on the radio from Ether. i forgot that one.

Makes some of the best rap verses ever; but when it comes time to put the songs together he picks awful beats, horrible guest features and questionable choruses.

Makes some of the most meaningful social statements in the genre, but then destroys himself with telegraphed commercial attempts like You Owe Me/Oochie Wally, making his albums lack cohesion.

Created the best diss with Ether and then made up with Jay and allowed him to become his boss.

Even when Nas has nothing to do with it, Nas has everything to do with it. That's why he can't win.

Today I learned in Black History Class ...

ithj06dy7ubofi6bbm.gif

Pretty much.

And Takeover was better than Ether, Ether just had that underdog/second reply always wins effect

But that's a whole nother thread......

Esch

Banned
Pretty much.

And Takeover was better than Ether, Ether just had that underdog/second reply always wins effect

But that's a whole nother thread......

Nah, it wasn't. It wasn't nearly as vicious. Jay lost. He let himself get in his feelings and then sloppily released Super Ugly then retracted it. Ether got to him, publically, more than Takeover did to Nas. Jay's biggest mistake was switching his style up.... And not biding his time to deal a counter blow. I prefer Takeover, it's a better song with a classic beat, it's still pretty funny and the crushing blow to Mobb Deep's image and career still cracks me up. But at the end of the day we use the word ether culturally, not takeover. So you have to acknowledge it.

Esch

Banned
Lowkey, the greatest thing in the Jay-Z vs. Nas beef from Jay's camp stays Is That Yo Bitch? because it's all subliminals. If you interpret it as Jay clowning Nas over fucking Carmen instead of a 'fictional' story it's pretty much Jay releasing a hot song about fucking Nas' girl... and only Nas knowing about it because of it being a personal situation. Imagine people going out to a club and you hear this guy rapping about fucking your BM and everyones vibing to it except you

You know what, its 2014.

If you really believe lines like "Gay-Z and Cock-A-Fella Records" and "I rock hoes, yall rock fellas" are good disses, that's quite alright.

Just understand that you're in the slow class

Esch

Banned
Ether had a lot of eye-rolling juvenile insults, but the real meat of the song was the stuff about Jay's past and childhood.

Yep. Nas highlighted the early career struggles and associations he had to make, pointing out how Nas inspired him (there's no denying this), how he wanted Nas to be a part of his music with Bring It On, etc. It's stuff like that that really got at Jay, not the 'you're ugly and gay' bars.

Ether had a lot of eye-rolling juvenile insults, but the real meat of the song was the stuff about Jay's past and childhood.

Yeah, in 88, Jay was gettin chased through his building....callin Nas crib and he didn't even give him his numbers.

In 1988, Nas was what, 13-15?

Makes total sense
troll.png

Nah, it wasn't. It wasn't nearly as vicious. Jay lost. He let himself get in his feelings and then sloppily released Super Ugly then retracted it. Ether got to him, publically, more than Takeover did to Nas. Jay's biggest mistake was switching his style up.... And not biding his time to deal a counter blow. I prefer Takeover, it's a better song with a classic beat, it's still pretty funny and the crushing blow to Mobb Deep's image and career still cracks me up. But at the end of the day we use the word ether culturally, not takeover. So you have to acknowledge it.
Takeover was a better song Ether was a better diss

Yeah, in 88, Jay was gettin chased through his building....callin Nas crib and he didn't even give him his numbers.

In 1988, Nas was what, 13-15?

Makes total sense
troll.png
Hahahahah. But that fits totally with Nas's character. People still treat Illmatic like it was an autobiographical narrative.

Top Bottom