• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Esch

Banned
Kendrick is the real deal. His writing and features are consistently dope, even if they are way too Eminemy as of recent. Ive been playing attention since OD and the kid is just dope. He can write good songs without being overbearing, he can pick a beat, he can rap damn good... what more do you want? My only fear is this Canibus tip hes been on recently.

Q is garbage on the other hand, and Ab Soul is rapidly becoming garbage too.

Let's be real the south has ran the rap game since No Limit came around. West is back though. Still waiting for anyone from the east (outside of ASAP Ferg) to release a good east coast album.

I know you're trolling right now but

Marcbergcover.jpg

Roc-Marciano-Reloaded2.jpg

^2 of the best east coast (NY really) albums to drop in a LONG time.

Kendrick is the real deal. His writing and features are consistently dope, even if they are way too Eminemy as of recent. Ive been playing attention since OD and the kid is just dope. He can write good songs without being overbearing, he can pick a beat, he can rap damn good... what more do you want? My only fear is this Canibus tip hes been on recently.

Q is garbage on the other hand, and Ab Soul is rapidly becoming garbage too.

But Jay Rock tho.

Gorillaz

Jay Rock is pretty cool.

Like I said, I'm still a K Dot fan but I'm just careful with the way some people hype of artist. Not just new guys but in general ones after they put out a hot album. I remember the last time someone fucked around and tried to play up a rapper
Kanye after Dark Twisted
and said rapper took that shit to heart..and then came out with a lukewarm and rushed album afterwards thinking people would still gas him up for it.

Then said artist went on radio stations telling people WHO ELSE YOU KNOW ROCK LEATHER JOGGING PANTS

I can't imagine Kendrick having a leather jogging pants moment. Hope we don't get to that point.

Jay Rock is pretty cool.

Like I said, I'm still a K Dot fan but I'm just careful with the way some people hype of artist. Not just new guys but in general ones after they put out a hot album. I remember the last time someone fucked around and tried to play up a rapper
Kanye after Dark Twisted
and said rapper took that shit to heart..and then came out with a lukewarm and rushed album afterwards thinking people would still gas him up for it.

Then said artist went on radio stations telling people WHO ELSE YOU KNOW ROCK LEATHER JOGGING PANTS

I can't imagine Kendrick having a leather jogging pants moment. Hope we don't get to that point.

..but Yeezus is dope as fuck.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I actually liked Solange's music - even if she was almost entirely a product of amazing production.

Sad to see her like this.

I Am A God is the only misstep on that album depending on how I feel I could include Bound2.

I only feel I Am A God is a misstep because the intro to it messes up the flow of
On Sight ->Black Skinhead -> New Slaves.

Hold My Liqour was my SOTY

Soooo. I just got a Nosgoth beta invite. Downloading it now. As a old school Legacy of Kain fan should I get hype or be prepared for utter disappointment?

Edit - Also Esco in spite of that watchdogs comment above; ghost recon phantoms is pretty good for a f2p game.

Dark Souls peeps. What builds are you using?

I'm really early on like 4 hours or so(DarkSouls2). Went with the Knight and I think I'm gonna do Strength/Faith.

Did Strength/Dexterity for DarkSouls1 and it made some boss fights a pain but paid off for the boss fight.

Top Bottom