• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Lmao people kill me with the "im never buying thier product again" line. Yeah pal you're just a drop in a bucket, they aren't losing any sleep over you

thats just e-postering anyway. lets see how many stand by their word when the iphone 6 drops

Started Game of Thrones two days ago and now im on season three. I have one question: does the khalesi storyline get better? Shit is really boring so far and really is going no where. My fav storyline is jon snow's.

J10

Banned
Everybody in Halo has gotta be mixed race anyway. 500 years in the future and we ain't done mixing yet? C'mon son. Everybody better be olive skinned by then.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Started Game of Thrones two days ago and now im on season three. I have one question: does the khalesi storyline get better? Shit is really boring so far and really is going no where. My fav storyline is jon snow's.

Nope

It's alot better in the books and even there it's really really boring. Dany's chapters are the main reason I have no motivation to finish book 5

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Nope. It's alot better in the books and even there it's really really boring. Dany's chapters are the main reason I have no motivation to finish book 5

I read the books years ago and it's been fun to watch people discover the series through the show. I enjoyed Dany's segments a lot, but the climax for me was when she first
wrested control of the Unsullied from those dudes across the sea
. Everything after that was kind of dull. I haven't seen a single episode of the television series. I'll get to it eventually but for now the books are enough for me.

I read the books years ago and it's been fun to watch people discover the series through the show. I enjoyed Dany's segments a lot, but the climax for me was when she first
. Everything after that was kind of dull. I haven't seen a single episode of the television series. I'll get to it eventually but for now the books are enough for me.

Shame. I just saw this part in the show and I thought it was going to get better. Oh well.

Edit: And God is sanza stupid. I want her and the neckbeard dead (fat, heaving breathing, and cowardly). She's a thirteen year old girl but her little sister is so much smarter and more redeemable a character than she is.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
. Everything after that was kind of dull.

The problem with Dany's story is that she's surrounded by unlikable characters and is so far removed from the events of the rest of the book. While you can kind of see how the actions in one story affect the events in another with other characters, you don't get that at all with Dany who's just kinda doing her own thing half way across the world.

I haven't seen a single episode of the television series. I'll get to it eventually but for now the books are enough for me.[

I actually got into the books because of the TV show. Even having never read them alot of the stuff the show added or altered seemed really stupid to me. So I read the books at the end of season 2.

Some of the characters I thought were idiots in the show ended up being some of my favorite characters in the series.(Jon Snow, Davos, Jaime etc)

I mean it hits the bullet points pretty well and I think that's what's fun to see people react to, but overall I think the show is a pretty poor adaption.

My one worry is that the show will pass up the books. lol. Hopefully book 6 drops before season 5 of the show

harSon

Banned
Shame. I just saw this part in the show and I thought it was going to get better. Oh well.

Edit: And God is sanza stupid. I want her and the neckbeard dead (fat, heaving breathing, and cowardly). She's a thirteen year old girl but her little sister is so much smarter and more redeemable a character than she is.

Between Sanza and Brienne, Kings Landing could have had a legit basketball team.

I hate the thread was locked but I understand why. I just feel like there's so many people that actually might want to listen to these problems and be sympathetic but the other ones just love being dismissive.

Ask about how to deal with harassment, posters too busy acting like a phone number is some holo pokemon card because it's so rare for them to get one.

Only way I can get excited about Halo is if they have Master Chief pull off him helmet and he turns out to be black. I am telling you there would be suicides and toxic levels of salt.

i was in that thread calling Master Chief a woman. Who knows what she went through hiding out alone with time to think and came out to be a strong Latino woman Guardian

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
What thread are you guys referring to?

The one with the guy who's gf got creepy messages from another guy.

Edit: beaten.

@Devo

It's insane the amount of recommendations women can get to help their situation instead of instant shaming of the actual wrongdoers. I can't believe people think the problem lies with the victim.

AfroMW

That crap is giving me a no-shit nosebleed.

The Tumblr link was the kicker, it still makes me think this is intentional

But I guess after these threads I'll inform my friends and family back in Botswana and Malawi that they are not truly black.

It's insane the amount of recommendations women can get to help their situation instead of instant shaming of the actual wrongdoers. I can't believe people think the problem lies with the victim.

Happens every time. Onus on us to avoid creeps obviously even though they're everywhere like the bar seat next to you.

/shrug

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Started my playthrough of Dark Souls 1. Beat the first boss with the swiftness and was ready to call foul.

Fuck....

These goon ass skeletons want the fade bad. Nobody shoots a fair one. Gawd damn. Fucking hounded me down when I tried to run. Made it to the second bonfire and got sniped when I rounded the corner. Lmao

I started with a cleric and the healing ring. Feels like she might have to struggle at the start.

Gorillaz

Started my playthrough of Dark Souls 1. Beat the first boss with the swiftness and was ready to call foul.

Fuck....

These goon ass skeletons want the fade bad. Nobody shoots a fair one. Gawd damn. Fucking hounded me down when I tried to run. Made it to the second bonfire and got sniped when I rounded the corner. Lmao

I started with a cleric and the healing ring. Feels like she might have to struggle at the start.

what was the name of the first boss you beat again? was it demon rat thing or that fat ass dude in the asylum with the hammer?

either way you bout to eat good breh

Top Bottom