• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

lol Narrows, just nade the shit out of the other side on spawn and get kills. Fuck Narrows.

Oh lets go down the list

Non- DLC
Construct -> Shit
High Ground -> Shit
Sandtrap -> Super Duper Shit
Snowbound -> meh
The mutha fuckin Pit -> the only decent thing in 3 other than...
Valhalla -> this fuckin' thing
Guardian -> too small

DLC
Standoff -> shit
Ghost Town -> no direction to this map but still not as bad as other small team maps
Blackout ( lock out but better ) <- lmao NO FUCKING WAY nades don't even bounce like they should, and stairs instead of a ramp? HAHAHAHA

Village

lol Narrows, just nade the shit out of the other side on spawn and get kills. Fuck Narrows.

Oh lets go down the list

Non- DLC
Construct -> Shit
High Ground -> Shit
Sandtrap -> Super Duper Shit
Snowbound -> meh
The mutha fuckin Pit -> the only decent thing in 3 other than...
Valhalla -> this fuckin' thing
Guardian -> too small

DLC
Standoff -> shit
Ghost Town -> no direction to this map but still not as bad as other small team maps
Blackout ( lock out but better ) <- lmao NO FUCKING WAY nades don't even bounce like they should, and stairs instead of a ramp? HAHAHAHA

That bolded scrub speak.

Also that poo taste in maps.

Village

Ok-then-look-away.gif

I forgot about cold storage

J10

Banned
OH we doing this?

Oh lets go down the list

Non- DLC
Construct
High Ground
Sandtrap
Snowbound
The mutha fuckin Pit
Valhalla
Guardian

DLC
Standoff
Ghost Town
Blackout ( lock out but better )

D <

Snowbound was complete garbage before they removed the shield doors, and after they did it still wasn't all that great.

I really liked Highground, Pit, Guardian, Standoff, Ghost Town (favorite of all time, I dunno why exactly). A few others were decent, very few that I found as offensive as Snowbound. I thought it was universally accepted that Halo 2 had overall the best map selection in the series. Lots of great symmetrical arenas in that one. 3's only edge was it's modularity thanks to Forge mode.

Halo 2

Remakes
-Warlock
-Beaver Creek

Lockout
Midship
Santuary
Turf
Ivory Tower
Terminal
Headlong

I'm sure others will add some too but I'm still being picky here.

Trey

I thought CE had the most loved collection. Mostly because the pistol and power weapons were so well balanced.

Wizard, Hang em High, Blood Gulch, Sidewinder (all my love here), Battle Creek

Man, I want to LAN some Halo.

I thought CE had the most loved collection. Mostly because the pistol and power weapons were so well balanced.

Wizard, Hang em High, Blood Gulch, Sidewinder (all my love here), Battle Creek

Man, I want to LAN some Halo.

The maps in CE were not the best but the power weapons were stashed in high traffic places and up stairs instead of lifts. So there was a risk posed in getting them rather than just handing them to you and saying "here."

J10

Banned
On Hang Em' High, if you could time it right, you could get Overshield, Rockets, then Camo all within a second of each other.

Gorillaz

So Kill Bill vol. 1 is on Netflix and I'm watching it now
saving money, nigga spending too much at bars lately and was just there last night
and I forgot Vivica Fox was in it
for like 5 mins

Vivica, what happened to your career
VWb1n.png

Silky

Banned
The Pit, Guardian, and Snowbound are my favorite maps Non-DLC wise. Blackout's a DLC favorite too, but putting it over Lockout?!?!?! lol nah. I do like Foundry's default layout as well. Rats' Nest, Sandtrap and Construct were ass.

3 had better maps than Reach, but that's not saying much. (Seriously. Powerhouse and the Anniversary maps are the only ones worthwhile in Reach.)

If anything the map design of Halo has taken a notable turn down with every installment. Halo 1 had stinkers sure but the quality easily was on a greater scale than the trash maps.

Village

The Pit, Guardian, and Snowbound are my favorite maps Non-DLC wise. Blackout's a DLC favorite too, but putting it over Lockout?!?!?! lol nah. I do like Foundry's default layout as well. Rats' Nest, Sandtrap and Construct were ass.

3 had better maps than Reach, but that's not saying much. (Seriously. Powerhouse and the Anniversary maps are the only ones worthwhile in Reach.)

If anything the map design of Halo has taken a notable turn down with every installment. Halo 1 had stinkers sure but the quality easily was on a greater scale than the trash maps.

Anything had better mapps than reach, they half assed it and made a bunch of the non dlc maps forge poops.

One of the reasons i picked the ones I liked is because of more than just general game play reasons, halo maps like many fps maps tell a story about the world they exist in. Or communicate some sort of mood. The forgemaps they give you do none of that. And I like what is communicated in halo3 maps the best.

Silky

Banned
Anything had better mapps than reach, they half assed it and made a bunch of the non dlc maps forge poops.

One of the reasons i picked the ones I liked is because of more than just general game play reasons, halo maps like many fps maps tell a story about the world they exist in. Or communicate some sort of mood. The forgemaps they give you do none of that. And I like what is communicated in halo3 maps the best.

I can agree with that.

J10

Banned

I'd like to be able to reevaluate Reach's maps in the absences of armor abilities with a bump up in base player speed. They were made with AA's in mind and I never really got to try them without, aside from a few custom games here and there. I feel like there are a few gems in there that could function well enough for normal Halo gameplay. As time went on Bungie became more and more afraid of symmetry for some strange reason.

Silky

Banned
I'd like to be able to reevaluate Reach's maps in the absences of armor abilities with a bump up in base player speed. They were made with AA's in mind and I never really got to try them without, aside from a few custom games here and there. I feel like there are a few gems in there that could function well enough for normal Halo gameplay. As time went on Bungie became more and more afraid of symmetry for some strange reason.

Powerhouse & Boardwalk to a lesser extent being one of the few maps where the AAs don't really matter. Shame.

better than wonder woman comics

Z0Gnsms.gif

RedSwirl

Looking at Halo fandom from the outside in is just weird.

My first Xbox console was a 360 I bought in 2010, so I came in way late. Played Halo 1-ODST in rapid succession that year, then tried Reach. then 4 when that came out, so I have much less of a feel for how the games compare. I still found Halo 1's campaign really impressive and I don't think any of the others live up to it.

Didn't get to do any multiplayer until Reach.

Gorillaz

Looking at Halo fandom from the outside in is just weird.

My first Xbox console was a 360 I bought in 2010, so I came in way late. Played Halo 1-ODST in rapid succession that year, then tried Reach. then 4 when that came out, so I have much less of a feel for how the games compare. I still found Halo 1's campaign really impressive and I don't think any of the others live up to it.

Didn't get to do any multiplayer until Reach.

That's the common belief. I think ODST was the only one that was given a pass SP wise. Other than that, yea the first one is in a different league

DominoKid

i don't think i've ever played single-player Halo. i only ever bothered with the series since that was the main FPS my friends played online.

Silky

Banned
I didn't hop into the online console gaming scene until late '09 (I believe around the time L4D came out?). Halo's MP has always been familiar with me with local/LAN parties, but over time the group I played with got busy/older/bored of the series. So believe me when I say that moving into online Halo fresh when the '3' scene was bumpin' was a refreshing experience.

online's nice, but it can't compare to the sensation of getting your middle school friends together and just, shooting the shit in the basement playing Halo 2 and Timesplitters:FP.

J10

Banned
I think 3/ODST and Reach are superior campaigns from a gameplay perspective. I think 2 is the superior campaign strictly from a narrative perspective. 1 is very good at both, but not as great at either.

Top Bottom