• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

RedSwirl

I haven't really attached myself to a main shooter since 2007. There have just been too many. If Activision had stopped doing COD games after COD4 I'd probably just be playing that one. I haven't touched a COD since MW3, and if I ever get back into it I'll probably just reinstall COD4.

But to be honest I'm kind of tired of the standard structure of online TDM/CTF/Conquest stuff. That's why all Titanfall's new features and flavor still didn't feel fresh enough for me. I've started to enjoy horde modes a lot more than competitive MP. I'd probably still be playing Gears 3 horde now but I don't wan to pay for Gold for one game.

online's nice, but it can't compare to the sensation of getting your middle school friends together and just, shooting the shit in the basement playing Halo 2 and Timesplitters:FP.

Truth. What's funny is that generally the most popular shooters right now are the ones that still have local MP. I at least think local works better for consoles because that's how consoles were originally designed. Online is a PC construct that consoles have badly imitated so far. Honestly, this is why I'm not quite as annoyed with Nintendo as some people for at least not parroting PSN and XBL. Don't get me wrong, there's some basic shit on those services they need to be doing, but somehow I don't expect Nintend to ever fully subscribe to the subscription -> matchmaking -> random bratty 12-year-olds model of multiplayer gaming.

Gorillaz

^Sounds like a family cookout
I haven't really attached myself to a main shooter since 2007. There have just been too many. If Activision had stopped doing COD games after COD4 I'd probably just be playing that one. I haven't touched a COD since MW3, and if I ever get back into it I'll probably just reinstall COD4.

Pretty much. I do touch the newer ones and that's only around launch. I've been thinking about reinstalling CoD 4 on PC since I heard most of the CoD guys fell back to that.Promod lobbies for days. I remember getting back on a year ago on console, and found out people were actually finding ways to put promod competitive settings in public lobbies. It was a nice walk down memory lane.I didn't believe the whole "TF is the next CoD4". It took time to get to that.The one thing they mastered obviously was twitch gameplay and putting in more parkour movement. That is something I hope does catch on...again.

I honestly don't think the next "CoD4" has been created yet and i don't know if TF will be it at all. Someday tho

Gorillaz

But dat beat doe

Not gonna lie the beat was hot tho
5zAQplo.gif

Top Bottom