• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Gorillaz

Yea halo was one of the first FPS I kind of got into.

I would say CoD 4 was the game that really pushed me into FPS and in turn brought me back into gaming stuff. I liked it alot because it was such a breath of fresh air from everyone trying to bit off of Halo and/or sci fi shooters.First "modern" war game that had a decent SP and an even better MP to match. Havn't had anything really 'touch' or hit that spot for me since. Not even within the series itself.

edit: MW2 had the potential, but the IW fallout killed whatever end game or possible fixes it could have had. Shame really, because it could have been something in the end with a few patches.

jmood88

Boss+Nigger.jpg

What's hilarious is that that guy starred in another movie called The Legend of Nigger Charlie. He must've got type-cast as the guy who would play characters named Nigger.

Silky

Banned
I can't even touch Battlefield 3/4. Bad Company 2 feels so much better than those titles.

Thank god people still play BC2 on PC though. In fact...I got that on Steam.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Halo 3 mp is what made me vulnerable and fall for Battlefield: Bad Company mp.

Halo 3 MP pushed me to CoD4 actually.

edit: MW2 had the potential, but the IW fallout killed whatever end game or possible fixes it could have had. Shame really, because it could have been something in the end with a few patches.

Yup. Was a shame really. Fought so hard to get some things pushed through but the whole situation was a clusterfuck.

Silky

Banned
I jumped on the CoD bandwagon around the time Black Ops released. I dug it and so I picked up CoD4/MW2. Didn't see the hype, saw them as fundamentally broken games.

Gorillaz

CoD 4 back in 07 was a gamechanger. Nothing on console imo ran or played that smooth like that (halo did but not in a fast paced style) plus it pushed the idea of RPG leveling in a FPS MP.

If you played it post MW2 you miss alot of what made it great. It does feel it's years after MW2

Halo 3 MP pushed me to CoD4 actually.

Yup. Was a shame really. Fought so hard to get some things pushed through but the whole situation was a clusterfuck.

Keep forgetting you were there for that as well. I remember being really interested in that whole thing and reading about it.

I heard some "horror" stories about how during that whole thing it was rough as hell just to get shit done developer side. I remember hearing about how hard it was to get that Rock glitch patched on the DLC map Fuel. That was enough proof to me that yall were going through some real shit there if putting out that patch was trouble enough.

I just wanted the One Man Army thing fixed :/

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
I just wanted the One Man Army thing fixed :/

OMA + Danger Close + Noobtubes was the incident that finally, finally got higher ups to pay more attention to the CoD VIP/ Friend and Family thing to supplement the QA process.

The initial problem with patching it was identifying all the dependencies to the OMA perk especially, and balancing those against a patch. By the time they had worked a fix, everyone's attention was elsewhere and the game had been left behind and forgotten.

Gorillaz

OMA + Danger Close + Noobtubes was the incident that finally, finally got higher ups to pay more attention to the CoD VIP/ Friend and Family thing to supplement the QA process.

The initial problem with patching it was identifying all the dependencies to the OMA perk especially, and balancing those against a patch. By the time they had worked a fix, everyone's attention was elsewhere and the game had been left behind and forgotten.

Yea I feel you. I don't like how overboard 3arc went with Black Ops. It's like they tried to completely slow down and cap everything from MW2 without compromise.

I miss the simple days of the series. I don't need mech suits, millions of perks or whatever add ons. Just give me the smooth as fuck, fast as fuck Twitch shooter gameplay. I want that feeling of playing Search and Destroy, me with my team dead against a full team of 6 with the bomb already planted. I don't need to have Riley the dog walk around with me all the time. That style gave me a high even if I was going to take that L

Tokubetsu

Meehhhhhhhhhhhhh I prefer it over MW2. But I dunno--Black Ops 2 is the truth.

Infinity Ward/Respawn are talented folk. Shame they keep taking Ls from the Industry

Yeah BLOPS 1 and 2 are the peak of the CoD MP formula for me. I probably put them besides COD4. Played MW3 least out of the whole series.

Meehhhhhhhhhhhhh I prefer it over MW2. But I dunno--Black Ops 2 is the truth.

Infinity Ward/Respawn are talented folk. Shame they keep taking Ls from the Industry

Yeah BLOPS 1 and 2 are the peak of the CoD MP formula for me. I probably put them besides COD4. Played MW3 least out of the whole series.

Sorry Players.. I can't allow it. BLOPS weakness to me was always maps. Not that the maps are bad but BLOPS maps handicapped actual snipers (not the no-scoping trash, actual snipers who scope in and try to hold down a portion of the map so the rest of the team can focus on battling on the rest of the map).

Gorillaz

Treyarch is good at giving you more bang for you buck. If you got tired of the MP you got zombies to fall back on, thank god because when I got Black Ops 1 and saw that they added that stupid ass sniper swirl you do when you zoom in the scope, I had to go sit by the lake on campus and do some soul searching about whether or not if I should sell this shit and move on from CoD. Had your boy looking at himself in the water reflection like

"treyarch...what the fuck are you doing right now, literally what part of the game is this?"

Adding the CoD5 zombie maps with new weapons to the newer maps in BO1 made me keep it. Barely tho.

God I remeber getting a 10 kill streak amd calling in the chopper in CoD4 I was hype as hell. The MW2 changed everything mofos wanted to camp kills so they can get a nuke

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
God I remeber getting a 10 kill streak amd calling in the chopper in CoD4 I was hype as hell. The MW2 changed everything mofos wanted to camp kills so they can get a nuke

Camp till 7, get Harrier, camp till harrier got you chopper gunner. Unleash chopper gunner to get Nuke. Profit.

Gorillaz

Those choppers lord jesus. Who ever was flying them....pilot could not fly for shit. They would literally at times fly into a random RPG going off.The "Nuke Craze" in MW2 was madness. I only did 3 and stopped caring about them. Got boring seeing everyone tryharding to get them. Or booster lobbies....ugghh.

I liked to use the EMP on ground war 9v9 because of the pure fuckery of no UAV's no airsupport, NOTHING working and the entire team running around shitless wondering if these were the end of days as my team used harrier missles and AC 130's to make it rain

The original black ops and world at war I didnt play any MP until way later. I literally played zombies all day. Its also the first time I ever splurged and bought a mappack for a game.

But real talk, that feel you get when a song you know all the words to comes on while you are driving to your last day at your old job. Crank that shit up loud as fuck, sun roof open windows down screaming the words at the top of my lungs. Stars dotting the nights sky like a blanket. The night couldnt have been better family. 3 more hours to go.

Rio linking that song got me listening to classics now.

If your woman steps out with another man
(That's the breaks, that's the breaks)
And she runs off with him to Japan
And the IRS says they want to chat
And you can't explain why you claimed your cat
And Ma Bell sends you a whopping bill
With eighteen phone calls to Brazil
And you borrowed money from the mob
And yesterday you lost your job
Well, these are the breaks
Break it up, break it up, break it up

iyqP6OdEzxKeU.gif

May name is rayven and I haven't played an fps since killzone 2 (godtier)

If it makes you feel better the last Halo I played was Reach, and before that was Halo 2.
And im feeling amazing. I am just mad that I didnt have the perfect night for my last night. One fuck up i mean just one. So close to having my board clean of all discrepancies. But alas I am happy with everyones effort. Now on to the hard part. I have to stay up until 2000 tonight. To reset my sleeping habits. I am in for a long day.

EDIT: Due to a technical difficulty I actually had a perfect night. Feels fucking good. The only good thing to come from that movie.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Honestly, I wish they would abandon the lesser Left4Dead mode and bring back the Special Ops missions. It was never as fun as people made it out to be.

Black Ops would be the best, if not for thr sniper nonsense. Quickscoping is dumb, but they took it to far.

Black Ops 2 was amazing. Being able to kite people with a pistol felt good.

Ghosts is the worst, by far.

Black ops 2 is the only "twitch" shooter I'll still put on every once in a while. And I still prefer the Treyarch entries compared to the IW entries. We need to get on that fam.

FyreWulff

I stopped playing Halo 4 over a year go. The last Callamuhdooty I played was BLOPS2 on the Wii U.

Getting used made me stop playing the first one, the second one I feel like the game is actively telling me to fuck off for even trying, so I can't get into it.

Pretty much going to have to make an arcade style shooter myself if I want to play something I lke.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Rated PG? Really?

The 1970s were a... different time. Movies like Deep Throat and Behind the Green Door were also wide release. There wasn't anyone really at the wheel for the first half of the decade, and when someone finally started trying to gain control, everyone started grabbing at the wheel, so the country started jerking it around erratically all across the highway until it ran out of gas.

akira28

lol Narrows, just nade the shit out of the other side on spawn and get kills. Fuck Narrows.

Oh lets go down the list

Non- DLC
High Ground -> Shit
Snowbound -> meh
The mutha fuckin Pit -> the only decent thing in 3 other than...
Valhalla -> this fuckin' thing
Guardian -> too small
DLC

Ghost Town -> no direction to this map but still not as bad as other small team maps

nostalgia'ing pretty hard here. But Last Resort, Snowbound, and Isolation were what Halo was all about. And of course the Pit had me daydreaming about Spartan training. Valhalla was ok...

edit: fuck sand trap though.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Halo 3 maps were nowhere near Halo 2.

And if you say Guardian is anywhere near as good as Lockout ..../scust

Top Bottom