• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

h6ADaPQ.jpg

The Odd Couple 2014.
That Frankenstein and Daisy Dukes cosplay.
Serena in that Milli Vanilli collection, and Kim looking straight Kmart soccer mom special.
Looking like a bad buddy sitcom.

harSon

Banned
I wish. All my money is going towards a local festival the week after and a Vegas trip Labor Day weekend.

It's not really my scene, but a shit ton of friends go year after year, so I finally gave in and decided to go.

Don't think I'll ever do Coachella or Burning Man though

cdyhybrid

It's not really my scene, but a shit ton of friends go year after year, so I finally gave in and decided to go.

Don't think I'll ever do Coachella or Burning Man though

Don't think I'll do those two either. Hoping to cross EDC and Ultra off my list sometime in the next 3 years.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Delete DMC and Bayonetta from your head when playing Dark Souls. Shield up and always look around the corner with the camera before walking

That shit might sound remedial but it really is learning how to watch patterns of attacks and traps.

Nah, you're right. I caught on to that bullshit quickly. lol. Got jumped a few times and was like, "welp...I see what time it is." lol.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Serena got that booty that will legit make you see the Lord and speak in tongues.

She won't even need to touch you. Just bend over and look back.

haha wow throw baaaack....awesome post!

Only one I don't remember really were the mighty orbots.

This shit looks awesome though, was this like Voltron before Voltron or a knockoff?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soEcKcz5qGg

Just that first 3 mins is so great with the background narrator lol

They don't make them like that anymore! *old man shakes fist*

I don't have specific memories of the show except I did remember this 1 dude

mi4.jpg

Orbots premiered literally the day before Voltron did(Sept 9 and Sept 10 1984).

I want a channel that shows all this old shit.

When I was living cable free 2 years ago (Damn Game of Thrones) I had a local channel that showed all these random 80's cartoons from 1am-4am on Sundays

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Phat Beach is probably my favorite bad comedy.
ygJPcik.jpg

Then I go see Juice AFTER seeing Phat Beach for some reason and I had trouble taking Jermaine Hopkins seriously.

I also guiltily enjoyed Def Jam's How To Be A Player. I think Bill Bellamy is alright. Then I watched a RECENT stand-up of his and it was some of the most dated sounding shit. How are you going to do stand-up in 2013 and make jokes about AOL chatrooms?

Gorillaz

I saw Bill Bellamy do some sort of stand up judging show last month. TV1 or Centric ( doesn't matter they are both kind of struggle channels reaching back to 80s/90s shit) and man was it terrible.

I saw Tommy from Martin on it. He was like a judge or something. Guess he got a job after all....
rimshot

edit: I swear, everyone so often I flip to BET they are showing BAPS, like damn man.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I worked in a video rental store from 99-2002 and BAPS got rented a LOT.

Slayven

I saw Bill Bellamy do some sort of stand up judging show last month. TV1 or Centric ( doesn't matter they are both kind of struggle channels reaching back to 80s/90s shit) and man was it terrible.

I saw Tommy from Martin on it. He was like a judge or something. Guess he got a job after all....
rimshot

edit: I swear, everyone so often I flip to BET they are showing BAPS, like damn man.
Bellamy was never funny. How he got as far as he did I will never know.

I worked in a video rental store from 99-2002 and BAPS got rented a LOT.
I use to work for a cable company and folks LOVED buying White Girls on pay per view.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Was Bellamy a stand-up before VJing? Or was he a VJ first?

Pauly Shore has had a good career despite VJing...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Trois came out near the end of my run if I remember correctly.

You would not BELIEVE how many people couldn't say it...hell at the end I thought it was "troyce"

Well Pauly Shore's parents had serious hollywood connections.

Yeah his mom especially, I think she ran the Acme in LA. Pretty nuts. I like Pauly Shore well enough, he's pretty much a one-trick pony but I enjoy his stuff, well...

okay I liked Bio-Dome. The rest not so much.

Yeah his mom especially, I think she ran the Acme in LA. Pretty nuts. I like Pauly Shore well enough, he's pretty much a one-trick pony but I enjoy his stuff, well...

She owned and ran The Comedy Store on Sunset in LA. His family still runs the show now that she passed.

Pauly was/is around every influential comedian from the 70s-now.

I'm actually surprised he hasn't gotten more tv/movie gigs off of it to be honest.

Slayven

Trois came out near the end of my run if I remember correctly.

You would not BELIEVE how many people couldn't say it...hell at the end I thought it was "troyce"

Bio-Dome is alright and the son-in-law can play in the background.

I think I first heard of Bellamy from Cousin Skeeter.

cousin-skeeter-o.gif

Nick loved black folks for a minute. Now we can only play ghosts.

Top Bottom