• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Gorillaz

Skeeter was that show doe.

Meagan Good was on the come up. Other dude ended up on that one show with Flex and his daughter and everything went down hill. Even dyed his hair and shit. Stuck out like a sore thumb

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Bio-Dome is alright and the son-in-law can play in the background.

Nick loved black folks for a minute. Now we can only play ghosts.

A few channels have that love black folks period. Fox, the wb. Then they start culling shows. Or networks in upns case.

Yo esco since your the only other Rugby man here I think you'll appreciate this

dale_vs_selborne.jpg

I went to go visit my old high school over the weekend for the school's reunion, man those boys were getting in (were in the red and black stripes)

Phat Beach is probably my favorite bad comedy.
ygJPcik.jpg

Then I go see Juice AFTER seeing Phat Beach for some reason and I had trouble taking Jermaine Hopkins seriously.

I also guiltily enjoyed Def Jam's How To Be A Player. I think Bill Bellamy is alright. Then I watched a RECENT stand-up of his and it was some of the most dated sounding shit. How are you going to do stand-up in 2013 and make jokes about AOL chatrooms?

I only remember Phat Beach because of Devin DeRay. Yes that Devin DeRay.
Skeeter was that show doe.

Meagan Good was on the come up. Other dude ended up on that one show with Flex and his daughter and everything went down hill. Even dyed his hair and shit. Stuck out like a sore thumb

Wasn't that One on One.....
And Bill Bellamy peaked at How to be a Player...... Everything else was a crash down hill afterwards.

And don't forget Trippin starring Bud from the Cosby Show.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Goddammit I forgot about Trippin.

3 Strikes
what else came out around then...
How High, the Wash remake...didn't like it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There was some movie cash money made on the early 2000s

it was struggle as hell

I Got The Hook Up
Hot Boyz

there were more...I remember I had to pay a whole month of late fees because I kept I Got The Hook Up for like a month late. Had to make a hard decision...I just never went back to Hollywood Video.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking Baller Blockin. We got 1 copy of that movie, VHS. And whoever rented it on day one never brought it back.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah, shit, I forgot P was I Got The Hookup

What else did No Limit do movies-wise...

damn they also did Hot Boyz. I got my shit all mixed up.

I remember Foolish, I remember... I'm Bout It

Hook up was P them. Master P had a few struggle movies during that time.

did anybody mention or see Roc a Fella's State Property?

Did that have Beanie in it? If so I saw it.

EDIT yessir it did. I remember that.

check out dat MP Da last Don.

....I actually purchased this one. Legit no bootleg

Just realized outside of LL the best rapper turned actor was DMX......

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
check out dat MP Da last Don.

....I actually purchased this one. Legit no bootleg

Just realized outside of LL the best rapper turned actor was DMX......

DMX ended up in movies with Goldberg and Ice T
Ice T had a hell of a run in the late 90s/early 2000s with Dennis Hopper, both of them were in SO many direct-to-video releases. It was crazy.

Now the best thing was the "I got the hook up comedy jam". First time I found out about Cheryl Underwood. The stand up was solid. Eddie Griffin headlined it as he had a deal with P and they did Foolish. Damn my damn childhood with that shit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
But what about everyones favorite rapper Ja Rule

They gonna call him to come back to Fast and Furious right

ah hell I forgot about Belly. Everyone LOVED Belly when it came out.

Now the best thing was the "I got the hook up comedy jam". First time I found out about Cheryl Underwood. The stand up was solid. Eddie Griffin headlined it as he had a deal with P and they did Foolish. Damn my damn childhood with that shit.

I remember that comedy jam, it was so good. early 2000s had some good-ass comedy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
GOTG got me catching feels that Devo usually invoke. Can't wait until Movie-gaf salts all over it.

Looks so good. So goddamn good. It'll still have an uphill battle but as a fan of cosmic Marvel I can't be more enthused.

Ja Rule died when murder inc died. He died when he let DMX, 50, Busta, Em and Dre take his career.

He don't have the right to be called Ja anything. He's a basic ninja now.

Jeffrey Atkins is his name....Jeffrey

Fan LITERALLY abandoned his ass

I wouldn't have anything to do with rap music at this point if I was him

Trey

GOTG got me catching feels that Devo usually invoke. Can't wait until Movie-gaf salts all over it.

I think Marvel fatigue is starting to catch up to me. I'm watching the trailer like "this looks good, this is a good trailer," but my heart wasn't in it.

Top Bottom